Windows 10: Windows 10 setup stuck at preparing files on Dell Precision M6400 with Intel Rapid Store...

Discus and support Windows 10 setup stuck at preparing files on Dell Precision M6400 with Intel Rapid Store... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I tried to install Windows 10 on a Dell Precision M6400 laptop from an USB Boot Stick. Everything went fine until Windows 10 setup stuck at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Irgi02, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Irgi02 Win User

Windows 10 setup stuck at preparing files on Dell Precision M6400 with Intel Rapid Store...

I tried to install Windows 10 on a Dell Precision M6400 laptop from an USB Boot Stick.

Everything went fine until Windows 10 setup stuck at the "Preparing files for installation" step. Tried this several times and it hung at different percentage levels, but never finished the step.

How-I-fixed-it:

I downloaded

Intel Rapid Storage Technology (Pre-OS Install) Driver

from

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/precision-m6400/drivers

and unzipped it to my USB stick.

During the setup process choose "custom install" :

Windows 10 setup stuck at preparing files on Dell Precision M6400 with Intel Rapid Store... custom-install-windows-10.jpg

Then choose "Load driver":

Windows 10 setup stuck at preparing files on Dell Precision M6400 with Intel Rapid Store... [​IMG]

Navigate to the Directory on the USB stick containing the driver and load it.

Continue with the setup.

Original Post:

:)

Irgi02, Sep 28, 2018
  2. btarunr Win User

Dell Precision M6400 Mobile Workstation Now Available with ATI FirePro M7740 GPU

Increasing the momentum and industry support for its 3D professional graphics accelerators, AMD today announced its newest solution for content creators and computer-aided designers (CAD) who demand mobility: the ATI FirePro M7740 graphics accelerator, set to power Dell Precision M6400 Mobile Workstations. Designed with digital content creators, CAD, and engineers in mind, the Dell Precision M6400 brings swift real-time graphical rendering and brilliant color representation to the forefront of large model design work, all while giving professionals excellent performance capabilities for multitasking and multi-threaded applications. The new offering provides design professionals with the high performance and reliability that is synonymous with the ATI FirePro family of graphics accelerators.

Windows 10 setup stuck at preparing files on Dell Precision M6400 with Intel Rapid Store... 13a_thm.jpg

"The ATI FirePro M7740 brings superior visual quality and graphical performance to our Dell Precision M6400 mobile workstations, giving us a distinct competitive advantage in the marketplace," said Greg Weir, Senior Manager, Dell Precision Workstation. "Joining forces with AMD has enabled us to design a mobile platform that delivers desktop workstation-class performance and provides our customers with a more comprehensive range of solution choices."

"AMD knows that flawless execution and best-in-class performance is a priority for professionals who rely on workstations for their livelihood," said Janet Matsuda, senior director, AMD Professional Graphics. "The Dell Precision M6400 utilizes the ATI FirePro M7740's powerful GPU and 1 GB frame buffer, to help accelerate software applications and improve productivity, while giving professionals the assurance of superior reliability that comes with having certified drivers and professional-grade ATI FirePro hardware."

• Dell Precision M6400 is engineered to offer outstanding graphics performance with RAID storage options and memory scalability.
    • The mobile workstation is also designed to meet the demanding needs of customers working with large models in Microsoft Direct X- or OpenGL-based applications.
    • ATI FirePro M7740 3D accelerators are available this month with the Dell Precision M6400 workstations.
    • ATI FirePro professional graphics accelerators maximize application performance and reliability with over 90 certifications confirmed by leading application providers such as Autodesk and Dassault Systemes
    • At SIGGRAPH 2009 (August 4-6, 2009) the Dell Precision M6400 workstation will be on display in the AMD booth 2417 in the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, LA.

btarunr, Sep 28, 2018
  3. Logitech Bluetooth Mouse M555b not working with Windows 10 on Dell M6400

On my Dell Precision M6400 i have problems with a Logitech Bluetooth Mouse M555b. The mouse does not work at all when the
    Dell Wireless 370 Bluetooth Minicard driver (or the newest Broadcom software) is installed.

Without the driver installed i am able to move the pointer but i am not able to scroll.
    I do not have the problem using the mouse with Windows 7 and Windows 8

On Windows 10 with the driver installed i can connect other bluetooth devices like android or Windows mobile smartphones.

Every hint is highly appreciated.

Pixelzähler, Sep 28, 2018
  4. T-G. Win User

Windows 10 setup stuck at preparing files on Dell Precision M6400 with Intel Rapid Store...

Windows 10 and Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology Version 12.9.0.1001

There are updated dedicated Intel drivers available for Rapid Storage Technology (formerly Matrix Storage Manager).

Your Intel RST software version is 12.9.0.1001 and is not listed as compatible for W10 - the current version is 14.8.0.1042 and is certified as W10 compatible.

You can check for Intel drivers automatically at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ it can scan your machine and suggest drivers for download, although Intel RST requires a
    manual installation the first time on a fresh OS.

This universal file (32 & 64 bit) will also install the management console.

SetupRST.zip available here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/do...echnology-Intel-RST-RAID-Driver?product=55005

Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) RAID Driver

Version: 14.8.0.1042 (Latest)Date: 12/14/2015

Thema:

1. Windows 10 setup stuck at preparing files on Dell Precision M6400 with Intel Rapid Store... - Similar Threads - setup stuck preparing

2. Dell Precision m6700 upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Precision m6700 upgrading to Windows 10: Hi, I would like to ask for Dell Precision M6700 users if there's an issue with the device drivers after upgrading it to windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-precision-m6700-upgrading-to-windows-10/6d7f0e33-f512-4a39-8cd3-deaadcd13caa
  3. Dell precision 3550 intel core i7 10th generation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell precision 3550 intel core i7 10th generation: Dell precision 3550 intel core i7 10th generation. Which graphics driver can support windows 10 1607 if i install the on a dell precision 3550? IntelR CoreTM i7-10510U...
  4. Dell precision 3550 intel core i7 10th generation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell precision 3550 intel core i7 10th generation: Dell precision 3550 intel core i7 10th generation. Which graphics driver can support windows 10 1607 if i install the on a dell precision 3550? IntelR CoreTM i7-10510U...
  5. Dell precision 3550 intel core i7 10th generation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Intel Rapid Storage Technology crashes Dell xps 8900

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Rapid Storage Technology crashes Dell xps 8900: I have a Dell xps 8900, IntelR CoreTM i7-6700 CPU 3.40GHz 3.41 GHz, 16.0 GB ram, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor, and dual monitors - both of which are plugged into the nvidia graphics card with hdmi and dvi cables. I've been having issues with one monitor...
  7. Intel Rapid Storage Technology crashes Dell xps 8900

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intel Rapid Storage Technology crashes Dell xps 8900: I have a Dell xps 8900, IntelR CoreTM i7-6700 CPU 3.40GHz 3.41 GHz, 16.0 GB ram, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor, and dual monitors - both of which are plugged into the nvidia graphics card with hdmi and dvi cables. I've been having issues with one monitor...
  8. Intel Rapid Storage Technology crashes Dell xps 8900

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. update windows 10, intel rapid issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update windows 10, intel rapid issue: I uninstalled and reinstalled the intel rapid storage to the latest version and I still get the error message when trying to update to windows 10 1903. I don't know how to fix this...
  10. Windows 10 and Intel Rapid Storage Technology

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 and Intel Rapid Storage Technology: First off, Does RST work with Windows 10? I can install it and open it, I just don't see the Accelerate option Asus G750JW, HM87 Chipset 1TB HDD boot drive installed a 60GB SSD that I want to use Intel's RST for SSD caching I've tried about 5 different solutions...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Original windows Theme Dell M7740