Windows 10: Windows 10 Setup Stuck, Blank Services Screen

Discus and support Windows 10 Setup Stuck, Blank Services Screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Trying to setup Windows 10 which came preinstalled on my new computer. Everything goes fine as Cortana moves through the different sections (Account,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ouijaleesi, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Setup Stuck, Blank Services Screen

Trying to setup Windows 10 which came preinstalled on my new computer. Everything goes fine as Cortana moves through the different sections (Account, Network, etc.). And then it comes to Services and the Services screen is blank. Not black. Not just a blue screen. A blank frame with all of the Cortana controls still around it and now way to skip or bypass this step. What can I do to fix this and actually use my computer? Any ideas?

:)

ouijaleesi, Aug 20, 2019

2. Stuck at OneDrive screen during Surface Pro 6 initial setup

Just turned on a newly purchased Surface Pro 6 at the Manhattan store this morning. Connected to power supply, powered it on, followed setup, got to the part where it asks about using OneDrive, clicked Next, and It just showed a blank screen. Clicked the
    back arrow and selected, “Only save files on this PC”, and again get the blank screen. It’s been blank for 15 minutes now. Brand new machine, bricked already? Any suggestions? I already tried holding down the power button and restarting, followed the same
    steps, and got stuck again at the same point. Blank screen with services tab shown above.

Moved from: Surface Pro 6 / Install, update, and repair

BrooklynFlu, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Hendry Win User
    Windows 10 stuck at black screen

hi, i tried upgrading my windows 7, but failed 5 times.
    step 1 on copying files are 100%
    step 2 installing features n updates are 100%
    step 3 FAILED, it stuck on black screen and freeze, nothing i can do besides force restart and its restored to my windows 7 back.

any idea how to solve this? it's always stuck at 75% step 2 and when go to step 3 is freeze ( 5 times in row, i'm thinking give up or buy new laptop with windows 10*Biggrin*Biggrin*Biggrin)

p.s i'm currently downloading ISO file to blank DVD hopefully it's worksWindows 10 Setup Stuck, Blank Services Screen :)

Hendry, Aug 20, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Setup Stuck, Blank Services Screen

Windows 10 stuck on blank screen with mouse cursor at boot

Recently I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. Everything installed and worked great for few weeks. After 2 or 3 weeks I can't boot to Windows 10 anymore.

The computer goes thru initial boot and before showing any windows 10 screens (no blue window, no dots etc) gets stuck on blank screen with blinking mouse cursor.

Per Microsoft engineer who responded to my previous post, I created windows 10 ISO disk. Booted from the disk, got thru the blue windows logo and dancing dots to a "Windows Setup" box with 2 options:

• 1. Continue with the upgrade (I already upgraded successfully and everything worked for a while)

2. Perform a clean installation
    Continuing upgrade gets me back to blank screen with blinking cursor.

I didn't try option 2, clean installation, because I am afraid to loose all my programs etc.

I installed turbotax after upgrading to win 10, but I don't think turbotax is a problem. I have no problems at all after installing it on another win 10 computer.

Now I regret upgrading to windows 10. Windows 7 worked perfectly fine.

Any suggestions how to repair the windows 10?

Or is there a way to go back to windows 7 without full reinstall?

Thanks for any help

andrewa_333, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Setup Stuck, Blank Services Screen

1. Windows 10 Setup Stuck, Blank Services Screen - Similar Threads - Setup Stuck Blank

2. Screen blank but Services Running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen blank but Services Running: I've got a Windows 11 Pro system running at a remote location that I use with Teamviewer. This recent time, the system was up for 4 days and then all of the sudden I couldn't use Teamviewer with it. The screen was black and no cursor.I went to the local keyboard/mouse/monitor...
  3. Screen blank but Services Running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen blank but Services Running: I've got a Windows 11 Pro system running at a remote location that I use with Teamviewer. This recent time, the system was up for 4 days and then all of the sudden I couldn't use Teamviewer with it. The screen was black and no cursor.I went to the local keyboard/mouse/monitor...
  4. screen stuck on "Setup is Starting"

screen stuck on "Setup is Starting": hello i have been trying to install windows on my SSD for a while now, the SSD was having the error "Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device" error, I then used a USB to try and install windows, everything works fine until I get to the install screen, after clicking the install...
  5. PC stuck on setup screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC stuck on setup screen: I was using my computer before my screen flashed and i caught the word “driver” appearing briefly on my screen before my computer restarted and the “Windows Setup” screen appeared. I clicked “Install now”, “i don’t have a product key”. I’m asked to choose which version of...
  6. I'm stuck on blank screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm stuck on blank screen.: This is what it looks like:I tried ctrl+shift+esc, tha task manager didn't showed up, ctrl+shift+win+b didn't resolve the issue. What else I can try? I enabled aquatic contrast theme, that's how it happend...
  7. I'm stuck on blank screen.

I'm stuck on blank screen.: This is what it looks like:I tried ctrl+shift+esc, tha task manager didn't showed up, ctrl+shift+win+b didn't resolve the issue. What else I can try? I enabled aquatic contrast theme, that's how it happend...
  8. Windows 10 Update with a blank screen, troubleshoot stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Update with a blank screen, troubleshoot stuck: This is the screen I get when I try to check for updates. It started happening a few days ago.I tried running the Windows Update troubleshoot but it's stuck at this step:This is the Windows 10 version I'm running:...
  9. Windows 10 Update with a blank screen, troubleshoot stuck

Windows 10 Update with a blank screen, troubleshoot stuck: This is the screen I get when I try to check for updates. It started happening a few days ago.I tried running the Windows Update troubleshoot but it's stuck at this step:This is the Windows 10 version I'm running:...
  10. Windows 10 Update with a blank screen, troubleshoot stuck

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stuck in windows services screen

2. stuck at services screen in windows 10

3. windows 10 stuck at services

4. windows 10 setup stuck on services,
  5. winodws 10 setup stuck at Services screen,
  6. blank services screen windows 10,
  7. Windows setup stuck at services tab