Windows 10: Windows 10 Setup without formatting whole Harddisk, only C-Drive delete, new partition and...

Discus and support Windows 10 Setup without formatting whole Harddisk, only C-Drive delete, new partition and... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to Format my C-Drive in order to reinstall Windows 10 OS But when the step comes ''which drive you want to install'' i format the C-Drive and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tanveer Raihan, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Setup without formatting whole Harddisk, only C-Drive delete, new partition and...

I want to Format my C-Drive in order to reinstall Windows 10 OS

But when the step comes ''which drive you want to install'' i format the C-Drive and suddenly it says i windows cannot install in that partition, if you know what i mean

I mean i delete the C-Drive then make C-Drive partition again ( i have other 2 partitions without C-Drive and they have Important Data which are not saved+ i don't want to delete those partitions for installing Windows) and it don't take that partition to install Windows, so then i had no other way but formatting Whole Harddisk and make partition again

All my non-backuped data gone

How to get rid of it ?

How can i perform installing Windows without losing my data or breaking other partitions ?

i have a bootable USB with FAT32 format

and in BIOS, 2 options came UEFI(USB) or Normal USB, what do i choose

Please someone help

:)

Tanveer Raihan, Apr 15, 2019
  2. Techtu Win User

Change partition as system and to drive C

As far as I'm aware Windows is mostly used as the C drive, therefore it is unable to delete itself so to speak, I'd recommend using your Windows installation disc and reinstalling the OS of your choice onto the known C drive. and whilst using the Windows disc delete/format the other drives/partitions to what you want/need.

EDIT: just read your Win7 disc is screwed... how about cloning your Win7 installtion to the current C drive? However I don't think this will be as effective in the long term due to your drive setup and also will no doubt leave the Vista files.

Techtu, Apr 15, 2019
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Setup without formatting whole Harddisk, only C-Drive delete, new partition and...

Change partition as system and to drive C

Yes i've already tried that but it didnt have delete or format option on drive C. *Frown Windows 10 Setup without formatting whole Harddisk, only C-Drive delete, new partition and... :( maybe it couldnt be delete because its contain the primary system(?).I coudlnt fresh install windows 7 on drive c because my dvd is corrupted *Frown Windows 10 Setup without formatting whole Harddisk, only C-Drive delete, new partition and... :( so i had to install vista x64( dont have service pack) first then mount the iso to install win 7 on another partition which result vista x64 as drive C.

rizshinigami, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Setup without formatting whole Harddisk, only C-Drive delete, new partition and...

1. Windows 10 Setup without formatting whole Harddisk, only C-Drive delete, new partition and... - Similar Threads - Setup without formatting

2. Recover partition after creating new partition of whole drive and quick format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover partition after creating new partition of whole drive and quick format: Hello:I would like to know if this is possible. I saw that a drive partition was lost and though it was a new one I was installing but it was not, it was one with important data. So I created on that drive a new partition and quick format, assigning a letter. When I...
  3. Recover partition after creating new partition of whole drive and quick format

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover partition after creating new partition of whole drive and quick format: Hello:I would like to know if this is possible. I saw that a drive partition was lost and though it was a new one I was installing but it was not, it was one with important data. So I created on that drive a new partition and quick format, assigning a letter. When I...
  4. Recover partition after creating new partition of whole drive and quick format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Does the reset option of "Remove Everything" formats the whole drive or only the C:/ Partition?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does the reset option of "Remove Everything" formats the whole drive or only the C:/ Partition?: I want to reset and format my windows 10 PC, and using the reset function seems to be the easiest option (so i don't need a bootable drive and all that BIOS spiel). Thing is, i want to save a single folder with the more important stuff. My idea was to make a partition that's...
  6. Install Windows 10 without deleting all previous partitions on the harddisk.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Windows 10 without deleting all previous partitions on the harddisk.: I was trying to install windows 10 in my Asus X441N which has no lagacy boot option so I had to install it in UEFI mode. In the setup I selected an unalocated space of 100GiB and pressed next and it created three partition Windows, System, Recovery then complained about the...
  7. Boot setup is not working after deleting drive C partition and reserve partition.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot setup is not working after deleting drive C partition and reserve partition.: Hi, I bought dell laptop inspiration 3542 model with 2GB ram and 500GB hard disk 3-4 years ago. After installing windows 10 1803,1809,1903,1909. It smoothly works but after 1-2 days, blue screen error occurs many times and computer freezes in black screen. I inserted...
  8. How to partition C drive in Windows 10 without formatting

in Windows 10 News
    How to partition C drive in Windows 10 without formatting: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]I have seen a couple of computers where the Primary partition – C Drive, has extra storage space. Some computers do not have partition at all, while some have a smaller partition. Since it is not possible to delete C [...] This post How to partition C drive...
  9. Formating New Harddisk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Formating New Harddisk: Hello, I think this will be sortof stupid question but still I'll ask. I want to add a hard disk to my pc just for data. The disk was removed from my old pc after running DBAN to clean it up. I do not want to divide it into partitions, just one large data storage. Disk size...
  10. Formating New Harddisk

in Windows 10 Support
    Formating New Harddisk: Hello, I think this will be sortof stupid question but still I'll ask. I want to add a hard disk to my pc just for data. The disk was removed from my old pc after running DBAN to clean it up. I do not want to divide it into partitions, just one large data storage. Disk size...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows setup format entire disk