Windows 10: Windows 10 Setup without formatting whole Harddisk, only C-Drive delete, new partition and...

Discus and support Windows 10 Setup without formatting whole Harddisk, only C-Drive delete, new partition and... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to Format my C-Drive in order to reinstall Windows 10 OS But when the step comes ''which drive you want to install'' i format the C-Drive and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tanveer Raihan, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Setup without formatting whole Harddisk, only C-Drive delete, new partition and...

I want to Format my C-Drive in order to reinstall Windows 10 OS

But when the step comes ''which drive you want to install'' i format the C-Drive and suddenly it says i windows cannot install in that partition, if you know what i mean

I mean i delete the C-Drive then make C-Drive partition again ( i have other 2 partitions without C-Drive and they have Important Data which are not saved+ i don't want to delete those partitions for installing Windows) and it don't take that partition to install Windows, so then i had no other way but formatting Whole Harddisk and make partition again

All my non-backuped data gone

How to get rid of it ?

How can i perform installing Windows without losing my data or breaking other partitions ?

i have a bootable USB with FAT32 format

and in BIOS, 2 options came UEFI(USB) or Normal USB, what do i choose

Please someone help

:)

Tanveer Raihan, Apr 15, 2019
  2. Techtu Win User

Change partition as system and to drive C

As far as I'm aware Windows is mostly used as the C drive, therefore it is unable to delete itself so to speak, I'd recommend using your Windows installation disc and reinstalling the OS of your choice onto the known C drive. and whilst using the Windows disc delete/format the other drives/partitions to what you want/need.

EDIT: just read your Win7 disc is screwed... how about cloning your Win7 installtion to the current C drive? However I don't think this will be as effective in the long term due to your drive setup and also will no doubt leave the Vista files.

Techtu, Apr 15, 2019
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Setup without formatting whole Harddisk, only C-Drive delete, new partition and...

Change partition as system and to drive C

Yes i've already tried that but it didnt have delete or format option on drive C. *Frown Windows 10 Setup without formatting whole Harddisk, only C-Drive delete, new partition and... :( maybe it couldnt be delete because its contain the primary system(?).I coudlnt fresh install windows 7 on drive c because my dvd is corrupted *Frown Windows 10 Setup without formatting whole Harddisk, only C-Drive delete, new partition and... :( so i had to install vista x64( dont have service pack) first then mount the iso to install win 7 on another partition which result vista x64 as drive C.

rizshinigami, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Setup without formatting whole Harddisk, only C-Drive delete, new partition and...

1. Windows 10 Setup without formatting whole Harddisk, only C-Drive delete, new partition and... - Similar Threads - Setup without formatting

2. c drive partition

in Windows 10 Customization
    c drive partition: Hi I'm using DELL Vostro 5468. it came preinstalled with windows 10. I got 405 GB free (out of 462 GB ) in my C drive. I wish to use 200 GB for Ubuntu which I'm going to use with dual boot. The issue is I cant shrink the C drive , when I try to shrink it says only 1.2 GB...
  3. Windows 10 Formatted the C: Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Formatted the C: Drive: I have Windows 10 on my System(I'm using my Chromebook to write this) and I formatted the C: Drive and I can't get the ISO to work and I don't have a blank DVD and I really need my Windows 10 System Back, but I don't have any other computer running Windows or any OS that...
  4. Windows 10 Formatting the C: Drive

Windows 10 Formatting the C: Drive: I have Windows 10 on my System(I'm using my Chromebook to write this) and I formatted the C: Drive and I can't get the ISO to work and I don't have a blank DVD and I really need my Windows 10 System Back. Sincerely, CommentedBat...
  5. C drive partition

C drive partition: I recently bought a new laptop, which has windows 10 home single language inbuilt. It has only C drive and no other partitions at the time of purchase. Now I want to make C into more partitions, But it is not possible to split the C drive. I have tried so many times by Disk...
  6. Formating New Harddisk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Formating New Harddisk: Hello, I think this will be sortof stupid question but still I'll ask. I want to add a hard disk to my pc just for data. The disk was removed from my old pc after running DBAN to clean it up. I do not want to divide it into partitions, just one large data storage. Disk size...
  7. Formating New Harddisk

in Windows 10 Support
    Formating New Harddisk: Hello, I think this will be sortof stupid question but still I'll ask. I want to add a hard disk to my pc just for data. The disk was removed from my old pc after running DBAN to clean it up. I do not want to divide it into partitions, just one large data storage. Disk size...
  8. Partitions on C Drive

Partitions on C Drive: I am not sure how or when this occurred but I somehow seem to have ended up with 2 Healthy (recovery partition) both of which are different sizes. [img] I assume I don't need both, but how do I determine which is being used? Anyone?? TIA 45965
  9. Deleting or Formatting a Partition

Deleting or Formatting a Partition: Hi all I have just reinstalled Win10 on our PC but installed it to the wrong partition. Now it won't let me delete or format the d drive because it holds system files/folders. Any suggestions as to how to get rid of it ? Many thanks 99593
  10. Remove pre-installed Win boot partition without formatting whole HDD?

Remove pre-installed Win boot partition without formatting whole HDD?: I bought a new PC which only come with a 2TB HDD with Windows preinstalled. (also has a Windows recovery partition) I decided to put in a 128gb SSD and installed Windows 10 on it. I kept the 2TB HDD for storage or my documents and photos. I made a 1TB partition,...