Windows 10: Windows 10 Several Issues

Discus and support Windows 10 Several Issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I recently just downloaded Windows 10 Education onto a new PC. Right away, I noticed there were several issues I had with Windows, and I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bob_691, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Bob_691 Win User

Windows 10 Several Issues

Hi,

I recently just downloaded Windows 10 Education onto a new PC. Right away, I noticed there were several issues I had with Windows, and I was hoping someone would know what to do. I looked at several guides online suggesting how to fix these issues, and none of them work I've literally tried everything I could fine. Here are the main issues:

• Start button won't open
    • Search bar won't open
    • Cortana doesn't open
    • Microsoft Edge opens and then crashes right away instantly or doesn't even open at all
    • Internet Explorer won't open

I figured these three are all related, so anyone have any guesses what to do?

• I also can't save to my Local Drive C:, it keeps giving me the error "A required privilege is not held by the client"

Note: I've gone into properties already and changed the owner to the account I'm logged in as, and did several others things mentioned online, and yet I still cannot download anything into my Local Drive C: If this does help, I CAN download into my SSD.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. I'm all out of ideas and this is the first time I'm using Windows

Thanks!

:)

Bob_691, Jun 13, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 13, 2020
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Several Issues - Similar Threads - Several Issues

2. My computer keeps blue screening die to several issues the main one being dpc watchdog...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps blue screening die to several issues the main one being dpc watchdog...: My computer randomly 2 weeks ago started blue screening with the issue dpc watchdog violation i tried to fix it and it worked for 3 days and since then ive used a ddu and reinstalled my graphics drivers several times. Its gotten so bad i had a critical error and it reset my...
  3. My computer keeps blue screening die to several issues the main one being dpc watchdog...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer keeps blue screening die to several issues the main one being dpc watchdog...: My computer randomly 2 weeks ago started blue screening with the issue dpc watchdog violation i tried to fix it and it worked for 3 days and since then ive used a ddu and reinstalled my graphics drivers several times. Its gotten so bad i had a critical error and it reset my...
  4. Several sign-in issues after Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Several sign-in issues after Windows 11 update: Prior to the recent update Windows 11, 222H2, I could login to my Surface Pro 2 with just facial recognition, from either sleep mode or turning it on from a cold start. Now, facial recognition leads to a second sign in requirement PIN, password, etc, and the PIN option...
  5. Several sign-in issues after Windows 11 update

Several sign-in issues after Windows 11 update: Prior to the recent update Windows 11, 222H2, I could login to my Surface Pro 2 with just facial recognition, from either sleep mode or turning it on from a cold start. Now, facial recognition leads to a second sign in requirement PIN, password, etc, and the PIN option...
  6. I have several issues with win 10 system and apps.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have several issues with win 10 system and apps.: I have problems as "OS build info" closing the settings window immediately, I can't turn on my Xbox Game Bar, all the software had downloaded in Microsoft store, nothing is in there, also the Xbox Launch App is stuck on loading. Lenovo Vantage has problems re-installing. I...
  7. I have several issues with win 10 system and apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have several issues with win 10 system and apps.: I have problems as "OS build info" closing the settings window immediately, I can't turn on my Xbox Game Bar, all the software had downloaded in Microsoft store, nothing is in there, also the Xbox Launch App is stuck on loading. Lenovo Vantage has problems re-installing. I...
  8. I have several issues with win 10 system and apps.

9. I have several issues with win 10 system and downloads

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have several issues with win 10 system and downloads: I have problems as "OS build info" closing the settings window immediately, I can't turn on my Xbox Game Bar, all the software had downloaded in Microsoft store, nothing is in there, also the Xbox Launch App is stuck on loading. Lenovo Vantage has problems re-installing. I...
  10. Microsoft patches several critical security issues on the May 2023 Windows Patch Day

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft patches several critical security issues on the May 2023 Windows Patch Day: Microsoft released security updates and non-security updates for all supported versions of its Windows operating system and other company products on the May 2023 Patch Tuesday. All versions of Windows are affected by critical updates. Updates were also released for other...