Windows 10: Windows 10 SFC /scannow unable to fix files after latest update

Discus and support Windows 10 SFC /scannow unable to fix files after latest update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; After the latest updates to Windows 10, users are reporting that SFC /scannow command is unable to fix the corrupted files. The sfc /scannow is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 11, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 SFC /scannow unable to fix files after latest update

After the latest updates to Windows 10, users are reporting that SFC /scannow command is unable to fix the corrupted files. The sfc /scannow is a command to scan system or general files, and fix the corrupted files by replacing them with a cached copy.

According to reports from forums (1, 2), Windows 10 SFC /scannow fails after completing the verification. We were able to reproduce the bug on all of our systems, including Virtual Machines with Windows 10 Build 18362.239 and latest Windows Definitions Update installed.

The error states that Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but it was unable to fix some of them and it recommends users to check CBS log file for additional details.

Windows 10 SFC /scannow unable to fix files after latest update Windows-10-SFC.jpg

The CBS.log file states that the process failed because of hash mismatch and this could happen when the hashes of the files do not match the files in the WinSxS folder.

Windows 10 SFC /scannow unable to fix files after latest update Windows-10-CBS-log-file.jpg

“Interesting. I am having the exact same issue of corrupt files in sfc on all four Windows 10 laptops today and actually came on here to see if it was just me,” a user noted in a forum post.

Windows 10 SFC /scannow unable to fix files after latest update SFC-error.jpg

It appears that the problem is associated with the latest definition updates for Windows Defender. Some users also reported that the bug is also hitting Windows 10 version 1809 (October 2019 Update) devices with the latest definition for Windows Defender.

Microsoft hasn’t acknowledged the problems with SFC /scannow, but it is very likely that the bug will be resolved in a few days.

The post Windows 10 SFC /scannow unable to fix files after latest update appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 11, 2019
  2. Steve C Win User

SFC /SCANNOW Errors After Update

I've just updated a Windows 8.1 Pro PC to Windows 10 using the Techbench ISO which updated without any problems. However, I've just run sfc /scannow and it found errors it could not repair. I have managed to get sfc /scannow to run without errors - see what I did below:

1. Ran sfc /scannow which showed error "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them."
    2. Ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth which reported "The component store is repairable."
    3. Ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth which failed with Error: 0x800f081f "The source files could not be found.Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature."
    4. Mounted the W10 Techbench ISO and ran Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:wim:G:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess which reported successfully "The restore operation completed successfully."
    5. Ran sfc /scannow wich completed successfully with report "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them."

Please advise:
    1. Why would sfc /scannow fail on a newly updated installation which ran sfc /scannow error free immediately before the upgrade?
    2. Why did I have to use install.wim from the Techbench ISO at step 4 above for Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth to work and will I have to use install.wim from the Techbench ISO every time I need to run this Dism command?
    3. How can I configure my PC so it has the correct install.wim file for the Dism command to work properly?

Steve C, Jul 11, 2019
  3. axe0 Win User
    SFC Finds Corrupt Files but is Unable to Fix

When you get this error it means that the System File Check a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection simply could add/repair missing or corrupted files or other problems with these files.

If you get this error you should try the following a few times:
    • sfc/scannow
    • reboot
    • sfc/scannow
    Only when after a few times sfc/scannow still hasn't solved it, then you could try DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth.

A reboot is necessary for sfc in order to try to fix the problems, it usually takes a few tries for sfc to solve the problems.

4. EMP
    EMP Win User

sfc /scannow unable to fix some of them

Hallo all, i already run sfc /scannow for 2 time, but it was unable to fix the problem, then run Dism /online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and it say succesfull, but when i restart and run sfc /scannow again it say unable to fix again,

Windows 10 SFC /scannow unable to fix files after latest update [​IMG]

i need help, because my explore window keep flickering and sometime freeze for a second
    i attach sfc log below.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 SFC /scannow unable to fix files after latest update - Similar Threads - SFC scannow unable

2. sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them: I just downloaded a new game The Finals on steam, and I am unable to run the game due to a connection error TFLA0002. I am also receiving a popup that says "C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/mscms.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the...
  3. SFC /SCANNOW unable to repair some files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC /SCANNOW unable to repair some files: "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them."I've been trying to fix my AMD software, it will not install it had said to follow these possible steps to fix " https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-kb1603 " none of them have worked, I...
  4. SFC /SCANNOW unable to repair some files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SFC /SCANNOW unable to repair some files: "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them."I've been trying to fix my AMD software, it will not install it had said to follow these possible steps to fix " https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-kb1603 " none of them have worked, I...
  5. SFC /SCANNOW unable to repair some files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Fixing corrupted files after "sfc/scannow"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fixing corrupted files after "sfc/scannow": I am getting all of the the corrupted file error from WindowsPowershell folder after i checked CBS file after sfc scan , example of one : Could not reproject corrupted file \??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\Defender\\MSFT_MpScan.cdxml; source file in...
  7. sfc /scannow detects corrupted files but unable to fix them?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sfc /scannow detects corrupted files but unable to fix them?: Below is a link to the CBS.log that it created when a did a system scan. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B30vhC-qB2Iud2F4WXlRd2xObnFVZzhpMlF6em4yN1kyM0VB/view?usp=sharing As always, all help is greatly appreciated!...
  8. sfc /scannow failing after this latest Defender Platfom update.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    sfc /scannow failing after this latest Defender Platfom update.: Anyone else seeing this after last night's Defender Platform update that went from 4.18.1905.4-0 to 4.18.1906.3-0? I'm getting it on both my platforms. Both machines are on the latest 1903 207 build. Perhaps some Powershell Defender module for 4.18.1906.3-0 hasn't synced...
  9. sfc /scannow unable to fix some of them

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sfc /scannow unable to fix some of them: Hallo all, i already run sfc /scannow for 2 time, but it was unable to fix the problem, then run Dism /online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and it say succesfull, but when i restart and run sfc /scannow again it say unable to fix again, [img] i need help, because my...
  10. sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix them

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix them: Hello. I'm using Windows 10 with the latest Skip Ahead build 17004. Running the OS on a Lenovo Z50-70 laptop. Because of boredom I decided to run the sfc /scannow command and it seems I got some errors. All the errors are something like: "Error: Overlap: Duplicate...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 8.1 unable to update sfc

2. when i upgrade to windows 10 from windows 8.1 sfc finds corrupt files