Windows 10: Windows 10 - Shadow on Windows desktop not smooth/rough

Discus and support Windows 10 - Shadow on Windows desktop not smooth/rough in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, I just finished install Windows 10 (1909) on my system. Later I noticed that shadow on Windows is not smooth: [img] Did my graphic configuration... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by n4rvto, Feb 16, 2020.

1. n4rvto Win User

Windows 10 - Shadow on Windows desktop not smooth/rough

Hi, I just finished install Windows 10 (1909) on my system. Later I noticed that shadow on Windows is not smooth:

Windows 10 - Shadow on Windows desktop not smooth/rough [​IMG]

Did my graphic configuration wrong or something else? Please help me to find a solution to fix this issue, thank you!

Note: I don't find any issue related to shadow when playing video games.
    Graphic Card: NVIDIA RTX2070 Super

:)

n4rvto, Feb 16, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 16, 2020
  3. shadows not working on desktop (windows and mouse pointer)

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• When you say Shadows are you referring to drop shadows?
    • Were you able to get this shadows just after upgrade to Windows 10? If yes, were there any significant software or hardware changes made after that?

Drop shadow is a visual effect consisting of drawing that looks like the shadow of an object, giving the impression that the object is raised above the objects behind it.

Method 1:

If you have not tried the following steps you may check if it helps.

• • Open Control Panel and click System and security.

• Click on system.

• Click on Advanced system settings.

• Go to Advanced Tab.

• Select performance.

• Click settings.

• Check “Show shadows under windows” and click OK.

Method 2:

If the above method does not help, I would suggest you to try different background themes and check if it helps.

I hope the above information helps. If not, please get back to us with the updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Mann_Manohar, Feb 16, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - Shadow on Windows desktop not smooth/rough - Similar Threads - Shadow desktop smooth

2. Windows 10 not running smoothly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 not running smoothly: Hello everyoneI have an HP PC running windows 10 Home version 21H2 with 4GB of RAM I just upgraded it from 2GB. I just clean installed it 7 days ago but the problem I had with it before clean installing is what am having again. I'm running windows 10 Pro version 1809 before...
  3. Windows 10 not running smoothly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 not running smoothly: Hello everyoneI have an HP PC running windows 10 Home version 21H2 with 4GB of RAM I just upgraded it from 2GB. I just clean installed it 7 days ago but the problem I had with it before clean installing is what am having again. I'm running windows 10 Pro version 1809 before...
  4. Windows 11 desktop label shadow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 desktop label shadow: There is shadow on the desktop level on my windows 11 after breaking from windows 10 to 11 this problem occur I tried the solution from advanced system setting and turned off the the option which allow shadow under text of label if anyone has any other option they can suggest...
  5. Windows 11 desktop label shadow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 desktop label shadow: There is shadow on the desktop level on my windows 11 after breaking from windows 10 to 11 this problem occur I tried the solution from advanced system setting and turned off the the option which allow shadow under text of label if anyone has any other option they can suggest...
  6. Windows Builder 10 is making smooth stl surfaces rough?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Builder 10 is making smooth stl surfaces rough?: So I do a lot of 3d design and have relied on Windows Builder for years- but recently when I run a program through Windows Builder it takes perfectly smooth surfaces of the stl and roughs them up with pocks and jags- what gives?...
  7. How come the shadows in my windows are blocky instead of being smooth?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How come the shadows in my windows are blocky instead of being smooth?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Legitimate-Doubt-699 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jb0sbb/how_come_the_shadows_in_my_windows_are_blocky/
  8. Shadow not looking smooth

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shadow not looking smooth: [ATTACH] Hi, I'm on Windows 10 20H2 with Nvidia GTX 1060 driver version 452.06. I've seen such a rugged shadow for all windows apps with transparency effect. It also happens on my wife's PC which has a GTX 1080. I think it is the same issue in a post with the title...
  9. Window Border Shadows Left on Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Window Border Shadows Left on Desktop: I keep seeing some windows border shadows stuck on my desktop when resuming from sleep. I attached a screenshot of it. Any idea what may be going on or how to remove them? Thanks! b 82851
  10. Roughly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Roughly: Can anyone please tell me roughly how long a clean install of Windows 10 will take. I did the upgrade a while ago but now wish to do a clean install and am wondering how long I am likely to be without my email whilst doing it. Many thanks. 34374