Windows 10: Windows 10 - Shadow on Windows desktop not smooth/rough

Discus and support Windows 10 - Shadow on Windows desktop not smooth/rough in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, I just finished install Windows 10 (1909) on my system. Later I noticed that shadow on Windows is not smooth: [img] Did my graphic configuration... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by n4rvto, Feb 16, 2020.

1. n4rvto Win User

Windows 10 - Shadow on Windows desktop not smooth/rough

Hi, I just finished install Windows 10 (1909) on my system. Later I noticed that shadow on Windows is not smooth:

Windows 10 - Shadow on Windows desktop not smooth/rough [​IMG]

Did my graphic configuration wrong or something else? Please help me to find a solution to fix this issue, thank you!

Note: I don't find any issue related to shadow when playing video games.
    Graphic Card: NVIDIA RTX2070 Super

:)

n4rvto, Feb 16, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 16, 2020
  3. shadows not working on desktop (windows and mouse pointer)

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• When you say Shadows are you referring to drop shadows?
    • Were you able to get this shadows just after upgrade to Windows 10? If yes, were there any significant software or hardware changes made after that?

Drop shadow is a visual effect consisting of drawing that looks like the shadow of an object, giving the impression that the object is raised above the objects behind it.

Method 1:

If you have not tried the following steps you may check if it helps.

• • Open Control Panel and click System and security.

• Click on system.

• Click on Advanced system settings.

• Go to Advanced Tab.

• Select performance.

• Click settings.

• Check “Show shadows under windows” and click OK.

Method 2:

If the above method does not help, I would suggest you to try different background themes and check if it helps.

I hope the above information helps. If not, please get back to us with the updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Mann_Manohar, Feb 16, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - Shadow on Windows desktop not smooth/rough - Similar Threads - Shadow desktop smooth

2. Vanishing shadows under windows (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Vanishing shadows under windows (Windows 10): A problem many people have referred to is the white frame of the selected explorer window which makes it indistinguisheable from white backgrounds. The usually recommended solution is to specify a frame color. Unfortunately, this changes also the color of the title bar, which...
  3. Shadow font on desktop icons

Shadow font on desktop icons: I want to remove shadow font on desktop icons in Windows 10. I have tried doing this from Advanced Settings but the shadows persist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shadow-font-on-desktop-icons/912d5448-3aa4-4d59-bb3e-add9f5021727
  4. Windows 10 Freezes randomly roughly once a day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Freezes randomly roughly once a day: Since the fall creators update from last year my computer has been freezing, at first it was only when playing diablo 3, now it isn't while playing games but randomly through the day and roughly once a day regardless of what I'm doing. I've tried reinstalling windows,...
  5. How remove shadows on Icon Titles on desktop in Windows 10???

How remove shadows on Icon Titles on desktop in Windows 10???: Please do not refer me to System/Advanced/Visual settings. I've removed every check mark in there referring to shadows and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING has changed. These shadows are making me go blind. I absolutely cannot read them. Any suggestions that work would be greatly...
  6. Disable Window Shadows in Windows 10 TP

Disable Window Shadows in Windows 10 TP: A quick tip to disable the 'atrocious' new window shadowing effect in Windows 10 Technical Preview. (I say atrocious but others may like it. I find it too much of an effect) Full Shadow, (with instructions): [img] Half Shadow, (when you click on another element or...
  7. Requirements to make Windows 10 feel smooth?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Requirements to make Windows 10 feel smooth?: The minimum requirements for W10 is 1Ghz CPU and 1GB of RAM, but what are the requirements to make W10 just run smoothly, quick to boot, quickly enter the web browser, folders etc.? I just installed W10 on a eight year old computer, but the system is operating like its moving...
  8. Window Border Shadows Left on Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Window Border Shadows Left on Desktop: I keep seeing some windows border shadows stuck on my desktop when resuming from sleep. I attached a screenshot of it. Any idea what may be going on or how to remove them? Thanks! b 82851
  9. Desktop Icon Font Drop Shadows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop Icon Font Drop Shadows: Win 10 Tech Demo. I would like to have plain black text on my desktop icons. I have un-ticked the appropriate box to remove the subject drop shadows, but it did not remove them. I have checked the appropriate registry setting which is set to "0". When I boot into Win...
  10. Roughly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Roughly: Can anyone please tell me roughly how long a clean install of Windows 10 will take. I did the upgrade a while ago but now wish to do a clean install and am wondering how long I am likely to be without my email whilst doing it. Many thanks. 34374