Windows 10: Windows 10 Share Printer Problem

Discus and support Windows 10 Share Printer Problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have two Windows 10 Computer one locally installed Epson LQ 690 its working fine but I share the same printer and try to connect with second computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Abdul Qadir (abdulqadir), Dec 20, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Share Printer Problem

I have two Windows 10 Computer one locally installed Epson LQ 690 its working fine but I share the same printer and try to connect with second computer I can see the printer when I click the printer its ask to install the driver when I click yes its give message "Windows can not connect to the printer"

:)

Abdul Qadir (abdulqadir), Dec 20, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, Dec 20, 2018
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Can't share printer—getting error message

Yeah, I have windows firewall disabled, and I don't use any other firewall... mostly to prevent stupid issues like this.

None taken... and yeah, I do.

4. tremore Win User

Windows 10 Share Printer Problem

Shared printer problem with windows 10 printer default manage

Hi to all.

I am having an annoing problem with shared printers.

The user that share a printer lose the default printer in any case when another user print on this shared and it turn immediatly default printer only for the user that share the printer.

The printer shared is a label printer without network port and all was working very well before this , in my opinion, unusefull improve.

All user have the " not manage default option" , win 10 pro but seems that "default option" do not effect at all with shared printers.

It is clear that is a very bad working for the sharing printer user that have to check every time what the actual default printer.

any suggestion or is it a win 10 bug ?

ciao

tremore, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Share Printer Problem

1. Windows 10 Share Printer Problem - Similar Threads - Share Printer Problem

2. Shared printer problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared printer problem: I have 2 computers connected via ethernet cable to the same router. There is a printer connected via USB to one computer. I cannot get the second computer to access the printer.I have turned on sharing, and ensured that the printer is set to be shared.I have tried to connect...
  3. Shared printer problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shared printer problem: I have 2 computers connected via ethernet cable to the same router. There is a printer connected via USB to one computer. I cannot get the second computer to access the printer.I have turned on sharing, and ensured that the printer is set to be shared.I have tried to connect...
  4. Shared printer problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 Printer Sharing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Printer Sharing: How do I get printer sharing to work after windows updates?I have tried everything uninstalling updates and turning off updates works but that is not ideal as in some cases I have waited too long and it wont allow me to roll back updates past certain points.I have many USB...
  6. Shared printer problem but not shared folder issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared printer problem but not shared folder issue: Hi, I have a Win7pro PC that shares HP Officejet 800 on a local network. It's a small office of 6 Windows10 machines. The Win7pro machine has also a shared folder in case anyone would like to drop off the file to it and print it off the machine. All of it works well with...
  7. Sharing Printer problem

Sharing Printer problem: I'd like to share my win10 printer in Xp. I know this isn't an xp forum but hoping someone can help me anyway as w10 related. XP "sees" the printer okay but then shows a 'Connect To' dialog wanting a User/Password. The win10 machine has been setup to not ask for this...
  8. Windows 10 printer sharing problem

Windows 10 printer sharing problem: Hello, I have a problem with windows 10 and a dot matrix epson lx350 printer. I installed the printer and it works ok on the host, I shared it across the network, and then I added it to the other pcs in the network. The problem is that the network printing works only until...
  9. Shared printer problem with windows 10 printer default manage

Shared printer problem with windows 10 printer default manage: Hi to all. I am having an annoing problem with shared printers. The user that share a printer lose the default printer in any case when another user print on this shared and it turn immediatly default printer only for the user that share the printer. The printer...
  10. Printer Problems and File Share Problems

Printer Problems and File Share Problems: After upgrading to Windows 10 I had printer problems with my wireless HP printer. I could print from the laptop but not the desktop. The desktop installation had deleted the IP address to the printer. I had to re-install it from disk and do some tinkering. Now both printers...