Windows 10: Windows 10 Shared Drives or Folders - You might not have permission to use this network...

Discus and support Windows 10 Shared Drives or Folders - You might not have permission to use this network... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone, If you're like me Windows 10 is a headache when it comes to sharing drivers from one Windows 10 PC to another.... I ran into the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WScott2787, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Shared Drives or Folders - You might not have permission to use this network...

Hello everyone,

If you're like me Windows 10 is a headache when it comes to sharing drivers from one Windows 10 PC to another.... I ran into the below issue:

Windows 10 Shared Drives or Folders - You might not have permission to use this network... 1000dad0-49ee-453f-b0a2-5213b5113762?upload=true.png

\\something is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. The account is not authorized to log in from this station.

After several days and doing pretty much EVERYTHING I could find on the internet I found a fix for the issue. I tried disabling password protection, adding windows credentials accounts to both PCs, nothing fixed the issue. Until I did the following:

Right click on start, click run, type in regedit and hit enter. Open up Registry editor and go to the following:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa

Change the values on restrictanonymous and restrictanonymoussam to 0 on both PCs and reboot them. This fixed my issue and I was able to access both PCs shared drives.

Windows 10 Shared Drives or Folders - You might not have permission to use this network... 7e55afa6-7ee4-4eda-9a68-88dfe7e5a841?upload=true.jpg

I just wanted to share this as I seen TONS of people beating their heads against the wall trying to figure out how to get sharing working between two Windows 10 PCs. Hope this helps someone out as this issue drove me nuts for a week straight trying different things non-stop.

:)

WScott2787, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Shared Drives or Folders - You might not have permission to use this network...

1. Windows 10 Shared Drives or Folders - You might not have permission to use this network... - Similar Threads - Shared Drives Folders

2. \\CompName is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource......

in Windows 10 Gaming
    \\CompName is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource......: Please can you help with a major networking problem which has caused substantial disruption since August 2019. Originally seven Windows XP computers were networked via Ethernet or WiFi and all were mutually accessible - the Windows XP network worked very well. The problems...
  3. \\CompName is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource......

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    \\CompName is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource......: Please can you help with a major networking problem which has caused substantial disruption since August 2019. Originally seven Windows XP computers were networked via Ethernet or WiFi and all were mutually accessible - the Windows XP network worked very well. The problems...
  4. Shared folders on network drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shared folders on network drive: I have tried and still cannot delete shared folders on my network drive. I uploaded 4 screen shots. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shared-folders-on-network-drive/d0e3243e-712b-48c9-8c11-76d17b7568d0
  5. Shared folders on network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shared folders on network drive: I have tried and still cannot delete shared folders on my network drive. I uploaded 4 screen shots. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shared-folders-on-network-drive/d0e3243e-712b-48c9-8c11-76d17b7568d0
  6. Shared folders on network drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Company Share Drive folder: "You do not have permission to view or edit this object's...

Company Share Drive folder: "You do not have permission to view or edit this object's...: There is a folder on my company's share drive that, even with administrator access (assistant IT Admin), I cannot view nor edit the permission settings of a specific folder. I can see the settings and change permission with every folder in the main directory where this...
  8. do not have permission to share drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    do not have permission to share drive: I have a new Dell laptop running Windows 10 and old desktop running Windows 7. I’d like to share HDs that I have on my desktop with Windows 10 laptop. But I am unable to do it because when I see the HD on the laptop in my network and click on it, a message shows up saying...
  9. \\server is not accessible, You might not have permission to use this network resource

in Windows 10 News
    \\server is not accessible, You might not have permission to use this network resource: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Many users use their Windows 10 computers to create and access their data on their servers via their network. Some users have been reporting an error which says that the server is not accessible. The whole error states, \\server is [...] This post \\server...
  10. local network sharing folders permission issues

local network sharing folders permission issues: How do I fix access issues on my local network? I tried doing a full control setting on the other family member network computer. The shared folder shows up, but I still can't get access to the contents of the folder....