Windows 10: Windows 10 Shared printer does not work on Windows 7

Discus and support Windows 10 Shared printer does not work on Windows 7 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, We have a shared printer Samsung 282x series on a Windows 10 machine and it seems that after upgrading windows 10 to latest updates, printer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Theodoros Konstantinis, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Shared printer does not work on Windows 7

Hi all,

We have a shared printer Samsung 282x series on a Windows 10 machine and it seems that after upgrading windows 10 to latest updates, printer is visible on windows 7 machines but not accessible. (\\hostname\printer is there)

Trying to access this shared printer from a Windows 10 machine works just fine.

Any thought how to solve this issue without having to roll back windows to previous release?

Kind regards.

:)

Theodoros Konstantinis, Jun 21, 2019
  2. OrbitzXT Win User

Office Printer & Windows 7

Most of the computers in my offices at work have Windows XP on them at the moment. I'm slowly converting them over to Windows 7 but have hit a bit of a roadblock. We have this big printer/scanner/copier in the front that is connected to the office network, so for example you can scan a bunch of documents and have the PDFs sent to a particular computer. I have a Windows 7 computer all set up, but the PDF is not reaching the computer after it scans.

I imagine there is something I'm doing wrong with the sharing process on the Windows 7 computer. Enabling sharing is pretty easy on XP, I thought I had everything set up on Windows 7 for sharing but apparently not. Any thoughts on what I can check to get this working?

OrbitzXT, Jun 21, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jun 21, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Shared printer does not work on Windows 7

windows 10 VERY slow when trying to open Devices & Printers?

Although I appreciate your offer for suggestions as you can see by the post dates, this thread is a bit long in the tooth. The issue was resolved with one of the updated builds of windows 10. Although in my opinion it's still not as fast as Windows 7, it's nowhere near as slow as it was in summer 2016 when I posted this issue.

Thread issue resolved

jboydgolfer, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Shared printer does not work on Windows 7

1. Windows 10 Shared printer does not work on Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Shared printer does

2. Printer Sharing not working in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Printer Sharing not working in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Are you unable to print through a shared printer when using Windows 11 or Windows 10? Are you unable to find the printer on the network? Then follow this easy guide to fix Printer sharing not working in Windows. Printer Sharing not working in Windows 11/10 Cannot...
  3. Shared printer does not work on client PCs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shared printer does not work on client PCs: In Window 10 when security update is competed, shared printer on Server machine does not connected on other client PCs i.e printer stop working on client pcs when server machine get window updated....
  4. Shared printer does not work on client PCs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shared printer does not work on client PCs: In Window 10 when security update is competed, shared printer on Server machine does not connected on other client PCs i.e printer stop working on client pcs when server machine get window updated....
  5. Shared printer does not work on client PCs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. connecting a windows 7 computer to a windows 10 for printer sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    connecting a windows 7 computer to a windows 10 for printer sharing: since there is no homegroup in windows 10 how can I connect my windows 7 computer to my windows 10 computer and how do I find the settings for home group type password...
  7. File and Printer Sharing does not work on new Windows Pro

File and Printer Sharing does not work on new Windows Pro: I added new Windows 10 Pro desktop to home network. Also have a Windows 10 Home laptop on network (both same Microsoft account). Both have all latest updates. Trying to share folders and a printer (printer on desktop). After turning on various features and services referred...
  8. Window 10 will not connect to shared local printer on Windows 7

Window 10 will not connect to shared local printer on Windows 7: My home network has two computers, Windows 10 Pro and Windows 7 Pro, shared on a HOMEGROUP. For many months the Win 10 computer has shared a local HP LaserJet printer connected (LPT1) to my Win 7 machine. Recently, after an automated windows update, my Windows 10 will NO...
  9. Share a printer from windows 10 to windows 7

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Share a printer from windows 10 to windows 7: I am using windows 10 in two computers & other one use windows 7. I have install and use printer on one windows 10 computer and it is shared. I can use these shared printer on other windows 10 computer but can't use it in windows 7 computer. Can i solve this problem....
  10. Windows 10 File and Printer Sharing not working

Windows 10 File and Printer Sharing not working: Hi All, My Windows 10 is not listening on TCP Port 445 for SMB no matter what. I have to go into the network adaptor setting to disable "File and Printer Sharing" and reenable it for it to work. The issue is whenever I reboot the PC, I have to repeat the same process. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shared printer on Windows 7 not found by Windows 10 after 1903 cumulative update