Windows 10: Windows 10 Sharpens Browser Security With Microsoft Edge

Discus and support Windows 10 Sharpens Browser Security With Microsoft Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Look, I'm not even going to pretend I understand everything I read from TrendLabs, but this is for those who do/might*Smile Internet Explorer is... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Cliff S, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Cliff S New Member

Windows 10 Sharpens Browser Security With Microsoft Edge

Look, I'm not even going to pretend I understand everything I read from TrendLabs, but this is for those who do/might*Smile

Source: http://blog.trendmicro.com/trendlabs...icrosoft-edge/

:)

Cliff S, Jul 22, 2015
  2. John Vil Win User

Is Internet Explorer still secure as Edge or Chrome

Hello Rubert,

Internet Explorer is still supported by Microsoft. However, the Microsoft Edge browser promises to be more secure and even more useful. It is also a faster browser designed for Windows 10. To know more about the features of Microsoft Edge, you
    may refer to this article: Microsoft Edge.

Regards.

John Vil, Jul 22, 2015
  3. is additional security needed with windows 10/microsoftedge

recently downloaded windows 10 everything is now working fine, but I keep receiving popups from my Norton security suggesting

I choose e explorer or google chrome as my default browser instead of Microsoft edge, but my new window 10 recommends using

Microsoft edge. am I vulnerable while surfing the web using Microsoft edge and having Norton security. Also is it necessary or recommended to keep Norton security {or any additional security} if I should decide to keep using Microsoft edge. Basically should
    I turn on windows defender and the windows firewall and eliminate the Norton security is my Question.

Is this preferred and will windows defender and firewall provide adequate or better security for my Microsoft edge browser. I am getting more familiar with the new W10 and like it . Just need some clarification on this security issue. I am currently using
    M-edge and intend to eliminate Norton Security, but if using windows defender and firewall should I choose to use another browser such as google will windows defender and firewall provide the same level of security. I am new to computers and all the security
    and viruses issues confuse me just want to know what the best level of security is. without all the overkill need some answers Thanks Tony

tonycunninghamUF, Jul 22, 2015
  4. Cr00zng Win User

AFAICS...

Edge removed a number "features", or well known attack vectors, that exists in IE. In addition, Edge tries to control Flash memory buffer manipulation and its effectiveness remains to be seen. Especially, when some of the malware already utilize obfuscation methods to bypass this protection.

Will Edge be more secure than IE? I for one certainly hope so, but it remains to be seen if that going to be the case...

Cr00zng, Jul 24, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Sharpens Browser Security With Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - Sharpens Browser Security

2. MICROSOFT EDGE Browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MICROSOFT EDGE Browser: MICROSOFT EDGE Browser want load up. I have tryed loading up from the taskbar, start menu, and MICROSOFT MENU. Can you HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-browser/aa3896c1-57c7-46ee-a1df-04f2fc0da476
  3. Microsoft Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Edge Browser: Why are you guys MICROSOFT forcing people to keep the microsoft edge browser and claiming that it is an absolutely necessary app to keep? Furthermore, why do you guys keep saying that without it, windows will not operate/ function properly?? Windows did not always have the...
  4. Microsoft Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge Browser: Microsoft Edge Browser automatically installed itself on my computer. I do not want this browser, I am happy with my current browser. How can this be uninstalled in its entirety? Thanks again....
  5. Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Edge browser: I'm getting a message that tells me to update to a new browser. It names Microsoft Edge, Mozilla and Chrome. Won 't my Windows 10 updates take care of updating the browser?...
  6. Microsoft Edge Browser

in Cortana
    Microsoft Edge Browser: When is Microsoft going to integrate voice command in the Edge/Explorer browser, like Google's browser? Seems like Cortana is left out in the cold on this one. :( https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-browser/12608181-186d-4d84-99bd-12a7eff25425"
  7. Microsoft Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge Browser: Within IE I had the option of controlling my level of security for pop-ups, in Edge the default setting does not kill all pop-ups. If you want Edge to become the new browser of choice why have you disabled functionality or is there a way of enabling these additional...
  8. Microsoft Releases Security Updates for Win 10, Edge Browser, Office

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Releases Security Updates for Win 10, Edge Browser, Office: [img] 12 security updates, 4 rated as critical, and 8 important Microsoft has just rolled out this month’s Patch Tuesday updates to fix security vulnerabilities in its software, including Windows 10, Edge browser, and the Office productivity suite. Redmond has...
  9. Microsoft Edge Browser Gets Security Boost

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge Browser Gets Security Boost: Microsoft is pulling out all the stops to boost the appeal of Windows 10 to a global user audience. Most recently, these efforts have included tighter security measures for new minimalist browser, Microsoft Edge. Edge, formerly codenamed Project Spartan, is one of the many...
  10. Microsoft Edge is the browser for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge is the browser for Windows 10: This morning, Joe Belfiore took to the stage at Build 2015 to share more about the next chapter in our story for Windows 10, including revealing more about “Project Spartan,” our new default browser for Windows. We’re excited to share Joe’s announcement that Project...