Windows 10: Windows 10 Shell Randomly Crashing

Discus and support Windows 10 Shell Randomly Crashing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, new to this sub but I've yet to find a fix anywhere else and I've already called support twice. Over about the last two months I've been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheUlty05, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Shell Randomly Crashing

Hey guys, new to this sub but I've yet to find a fix anywhere else and I've already called support twice.

Over about the last two months I've been getting issues with my machine where the entire shell will freeze randomly, especially when streaming videos or leaving the machine to idle. Essentially what will happen is the active app will stop responding after which I can access my start bar once before that locks. Attempting to ctrl + alt + del to restart or shut down leads to the restart/shutting down windows getting stuck as well. Basically any action you take after the initial freeze also freezes, locking the entire OS and forcing a hard reset. I've done a fresh install of windows alongside updating my drivers as well as had one tech lackadaisically delete my temp files and defrag my drive. I don't know what else to do and have yet to find anyone else with this same issue online. Any ideas? Seems to be the result of these new updates but I'm stuck. Thanks!

FWIW Here are my rigs specs:

AMD Ryzen 52600

16gb 3200 Corsair Vengeance Pro

MSI B450 Carbon Mobo

MSI GTX 1080

submitted by /u/TheUlty05
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheUlty05, Nov 27, 2020
  2. Naby Win User

10 Crashing Randomly and During Updates and File Downloads

This is a re-post from here.

I have a Windows 10 PC that I run 24/7. I have Windows Updates disabled through the Group Policy Editor. I still perform updates manually every few days. Windows Defender updates work fine. Other Windows updates cause the PC to crash, no BSOD or anything, it just turns off. I've looked for 1074, 6006, and 6008 event log files to explain why and I haven't been able to find anything.

Other times the computer just randomly crashes and also sometimes when downloading files. The symptom is the same, I check on it and find it powered down or it just shuts off while I'm using it. It boots back up fine and I see no cause listed in the event logs.

I have been through the 3 tests suggested to me on the old thread. SMART looked good, memtest ran for 33 hours for 8 passes with no errors, and prime was run for 3 hours with no errors.

I think the next step was to run V2 Log collector, that data is attached.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chris

3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Shell Randomly Crashing

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Shell Randomly Crashing

1. Windows 10 Shell Randomly Crashing - Similar Threads - Shell Randomly Crashing

2. Random Crashes Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Crashes Windows 10: Hello everybody, I would like to submit to you the following problem that I have been experiencing for about 2 months regarding my system. My PC Crashes suddenly, especially after it crashes for the first time during the day, it doesn't happen again during the day if left on....
  3. Random Windows 10 crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Windows 10 crashes: Over the last 6 months I've had multiple random system crashes. The system freezes completely, no sound and stuck on the last received frame. Sometimes the system won't blue screen for over 10 minutes and I have to do a hard-reboot. Resulting in no error recordingThere seems...
  4. Windows 10 Randomly Crashes

Windows 10 Randomly Crashes: Hi guys, built a new computer two months ago, had no problems. Recently updated Windows and am now getting memory management failures which have escalated to flat out freezes with no reason. The OS doesn't even blue screen, it just freezes. I have no idea if it is...
  5. Windows 10 randomly crashes

Windows 10 randomly crashes: I have been experiencing random windows crashes, sometimes during hevier workload like gaming, sometimes just when not doing anything taxing to the system like reading articles on the internet while listening to music on spotify.... I found the lastest crash on the...
  6. Windows 10 randomly crashing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 randomly crashing.: Random times when I’m using my computer it will randomly give me a blue screen error. There’s no rhyme or reason to it, whether I’m downloading files or playing Minecraft, after 10 seconds or 10 hours, it will give me a blue screen eventually. I have completely wiped my PC,...
  7. Windows 10 crashing randomly

Windows 10 crashing randomly: I have had quite the problem with Windows 10 crashing randomly on me. Here's my system's info: MB: ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS RAM: two Kingston 16GB, 2133 MHz sticks CPU: i7-930 2.8GHz LGA 1366 GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 System drive: Samsung 850 EVO - 500gig The system...
  8. Windows 10 crashing randomly

Windows 10 crashing randomly: Hello, I have experienced BSOD for a 2nd time on a fresh install of windows 10, with new totally new PC configuration i bought recently. I attached the zip file below. Attachment 120763 Hope somebody can give me a clue what to look for? Milos 77048
  9. Windows 10 randomly crashing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 randomly crashing: Hi. First off if I'm posting this in the wrong section, I'm sorry, but I'm in a bit of a rush. Windows 10 has been crashing on me constantly and it's even worse since it's not a blue screen, so I don't have a code to go off of or anything. After doing more research I've...
  10. Windows 10 Shell

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Shell: Hi everyone! I'm new to the windows 10 forums; I'm an android guy. I installed windows 10 on my T100 tablet and it has been working ok until this morning. The problem began when I tried to open the start menu and nothing happened, I played around with settings, but...