Windows 10: WIndows 10 shipped on computer and getting Recovery Drive nag

Discus and support WIndows 10 shipped on computer and getting Recovery Drive nag in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just received a new HP Envy 17t-n100 with Windows 10 Pro 64 already installed. I keep getting a D: RECOVERY is running out of space. It's 12gb and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Deano77, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Deano77 Win User

WIndows 10 shipped on computer and getting Recovery Drive nag

I just received a new HP Envy 17t-n100 with Windows 10 Pro 64 already installed. I keep getting a D: RECOVERY is running out of space. It's 12gb and there are 3gb left. HP Tech support is no help and want me to use there contracted help company that wants to charge me to fix a problem on a new computer. I have 2 drives: Drive 0 is a 960 gb SSD PNY which has EFI Partition (261 mb), C: (881.66 gb), Recovery Partition (309 mb) and D: RECOVERY (12.01 gb). Drive 1 is a 1tb Seagate sshd that is unallocated right now (931.39 gb showing).
    I tried to go into Disk Manager but it won't let you change D: size. I have the Windows Product ID and was wondering if I can somehow re-install Windows with the product key so I can reformat Drive 0 and make D: bigger or make Drive 1 D: and put recovery space there and have and E: also on it for storage. Just looking for some suggestions because the nag box is driving crazy!
    *Mad

:)

Deano77, Jun 17, 2016
  2. Alan B Win User

Rollback from windows 10 to previous, now getting Repairing Disk Errors, May take an Hour, lasting for days, wont reboot

Most probably your hard drive is failing. Did you create recovery media (as you are frequently nagged to do on a new computer).

Alan B, Jun 17, 2016
  3. bugu4787 Win User
    Windows 10

Hello there,

I have a laptop that was shipped with windows 8 and now is upgraded to windows 10. The current partition setup(having recovery partitions for windows 8) is the one that was shipped by the manufacturer. Since now I have windows 10, is it possible to capture
    the current c drive (with windows 10) and add it to the other partitions (as a recovery partition for windows 10) using disk part and windows PE? I would like to keep the other partitions so as to keep the original partitions as shipped by the manufacturer.

Any required space would be taken from the C drive.

many thanks for the support.

joseph

bugu4787, Jun 17, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Remove the drive letter from the partition in Disk Management. Do not remove the partition itself, just the drive letter. RIght click on the partition, select change drive letter, highlight the drive letter D: and click remove.

WIndows 10 shipped on computer and getting Recovery Drive nag [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Jun 17, 2016
  5. topgundcp Win User
    You can try to suppress the Low Disk Warning message. Create a file with .reg extension and put the lines below, save then double click to merge into registry.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
    "NoLowDiskSpaceChecks"=dword:00000001

topgundcp, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. WIndows 10 shipped on computer and getting Recovery Drive nag - Similar Threads - shipped computer getting

2. Win 10 nag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 nag: How do I get rid of the periodic "Lets Finish Setting Up Your Device" nag screen. My only options are to "CONTINUE" or "REMIND ME IN THREE DAYS". My computer works just fine without "finishing" the setup. Fortunately, if I click on the REMIND option I usually don't see this...
  3. Win 10 nag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 nag: How do I get rid of the periodic "Lets Finish Setting Up Your Device" nag screen. My only options are to "CONTINUE" or "REMIND ME IN THREE DAYS". My computer works just fine without "finishing" the setup. Fortunately, if I click on the REMIND option I usually don't see this...
  4. Get more out of windows nag screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get more out of windows nag screen: The "get more out of windows nag screen" pops up randomly, sometimes after a reboot due to windows update but not always. We have systems that need to automatically start running various programs after a reboot and this nag screen prevents automatic recovery. There are...
  5. Get more out of windows nag screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get more out of windows nag screen: The "get more out of windows nag screen" pops up randomly, sometimes after a reboot due to windows update but not always. We have systems that need to automatically start running various programs after a reboot and this nag screen prevents automatic recovery. There are...
  6. Get more out of windows nag screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. make a linux drive recognized by windows 10 or no nag to format?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    make a linux drive recognized by windows 10 or no nag to format?: I have an AB switch with usb hub, but when I switch from android box to windows, it is a constant nag to format the drive, which I dont want anyone to do. Preferable like to install something so windows can read and write to it also. I found it, called ext2Fsd project....
  8. Shipping

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shipping: Hello, how many days is delivery to Bulgaria for the Razer Deathadder Elite mouse? I'm sorry to ask this question here Windows category I just don't know where to ask. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shipping/b32f2f17-436e-425b-9e12-1f991119916b
  9. Computer will not recovery from drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer will not recovery from drive.: So, I have a PC that's set up for windows 10. Problem is, it got a virus that deleted it's recovery point. However, I used another windows 10 laptop to create a recovery drive. After I had (allegedly) recovered the PC, it still wouldn't boot up. Is there any hope for it? If...
  10. Will Windows 10 Ship With Outlook?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Will Windows 10 Ship With Outlook?: I have read in a couple of different places that Windows 10 will ship with Outlook straight out of the box. If this is true, then there will be no incentive for me to buy Microsoft Office Professional. Does anybody know if this is true. ~Windows 10 preview now includes...