Windows 10: Windows 10 shortcut icons, graphic files previews went missing with 2004 update - get them...

Discus and support Windows 10 shortcut icons, graphic files previews went missing with 2004 update - get them... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Some but not all shortcut icons and most graphic file previews went missing after I updated to Windows 10 2004 version. I suddenly got them all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Megamoose54, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Windows 10 shortcut icons, graphic files previews went missing with 2004 update - get them...

Some but not all shortcut icons and most graphic file previews went missing after I updated to Windows 10 2004 version. I suddenly got them all working again by logging off the Microsoft account for Windows 10 and instead used a local account to log into Windows 10. Simple but it was very gratifying to see all the little pictures come back alive!! I haven't tried logging back into Windows 10 with my MS account, but it's not worth the effort as things are working well now.

:)

Megamoose54, Nov 22, 2020

2. Creating Shortcuts with Batch File

Threw a program together quick for you. It is attached with source in the other. Use it in place of your VBScript.

It supports:
    CreateShortcut [save shortcut] [path to run]
    CreateShortcut [save shortcut] [path to run] [icon index]
    CreateShortcut [save shortcut] [path to run] [icon file]
    CreateShortcut [save shortcut] [path to run] [icon file] [icon index]

If "icon index" is missing, it assumes 0. If "icon file" is missing it assumes "path to run." It doesn't presently support arguments to be added to the shortcut nor modifying the working directory (always assumes same directory as "path to run").

Requires .NET Framework 4.0 to run. Will run natively on 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Blank shortcut icon GPU-Z

I know I am quite late but as I was scrolling through I saw this post which happened to one of friend too. This sometimes happens with Windows. Usually a reboot will solve the problem. However if this doesn't, try setting the icon for the shortcut(right-click pinned icon, right-click program, left-click properties, select "change icon...") or refreshing it by switching to a different icon, applying it, and then reverting back to the original icon. Remove the shortcut from the taskbar and replace it with the start menu shortcut or simply drag the .exe file to the taskbar.

lorraine walsh, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Windows 10 shortcut icons, graphic files previews went missing with 2004 update - get them...

Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

I hate the fact that the control panel classic is missing from windows 10. My work around was simply to type in control panel in the start menu search bar and then pin the resulting control panel shortcut to the start menu quick access panel or taskbar

I think I'm unwilling to change with the times *Smile Windows 10 shortcut icons, graphic files previews went missing with 2004 update - get them... :)

jboydgolfer, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 shortcut icons, graphic files previews went missing with 2004 update - get them...

1. Windows 10 shortcut icons, graphic files previews went missing with 2004 update - get them... - Similar Threads - shortcut icons graphic

2. WIFI icon went missing after updating Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI icon went missing after updating Windows: I got this long update today and I insanely wait for it. After installing the update I cant connect on my WIFI. So, I use my ethernet cord to connect however when I unplug it and try to connect using WIFI again the icon is missing on my system tray. I cant even see the WIFI...
  3. WIFI icon went missing after updating Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIFI icon went missing after updating Windows: I got this long update today and I insanely wait for it. After installing the update I cant connect on my WIFI. So, I use my ethernet cord to connect however when I unplug it and try to connect using WIFI again the icon is missing on my system tray. I cant even see the WIFI...
  4. WIFI icon went missing after updating Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Missing preview icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing preview icons: Once I updated to windows 11 all my preview icons things were missing, and I wanted to know if there a way to get them back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-preview-icons/86ced1b5-8307-4f79-916f-10f8c1c72c93
  6. Missing preview icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing preview icons: Once I updated to windows 11 all my preview icons things were missing, and I wanted to know if there a way to get them back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-preview-icons/86ced1b5-8307-4f79-916f-10f8c1c72c93
  7. Taskbar shortcuts went missing...

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar shortcuts went missing...: ...after I restarted my computer, about 1/3 of them. I didn't have a record of what I had but I was able to restore 7 of the missing shortcuts. Just upgraded to 21H1 about 2 weeks ago, could that be the cause? I now have a screen shot of my desktop. 181860
  8. Missing Battery Icon Windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing Battery Icon Windows 10 2004: When I booted my computer this morning, I notice my battery icon is missing. Does anyone know the fix? ~Balweg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-battery-icon-windows-10-2004/77478673-b9c4-4a8b-b17e-f94088f360dd
  9. Shortcut icons missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut icons missing: I am using several Adobe CS6 and Creative Cloud programs. When I open files which are in the OneDrive folder they remain under the "sync pending" status, even if they are actually synced in File Explorer. This causes a problem for me as when I run Adobe Illustrator (for...
  10. Shortcut icons missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shortcut icons missing: Hello, I installed programs on my new laptop, but the shortcut icons in the programs folder disappeared. Any way to make them display again? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-icons-missing/35176d3a-b8eb-43f6-983b-c84276317fc6"