Windows 10: Windows 10 Shortcuts have disappeared and...

Discus and support Windows 10 Shortcuts have disappeared and... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; All of these symptoms arose simultaneously: Right click is now inconsistent; for ex, right click on empty desktop space does nothing; also esc key is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WayneJune, Dec 30, 2018.

1. WayneJune Win User

Windows 10 Shortcuts have disappeared and...

All of these symptoms arose simultaneously: Right click is now inconsistent; for ex, right click on empty desktop space does nothing; also esc key is inactive. System restore runs for hours without resolving.

:)

WayneJune, Dec 30, 2018
  2. Rule-R Win User

Desktop shortcuts disappearing

One of the computers i maintain has a few of the desktop shortcuts disappearing now and then. It runs windows 7, and has a shitload of shortcuts on the desktop.

Any idea what might cause this?

Rule-R, Dec 30, 2018
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

Keyboard shortcuts to open programs:

Create a shortcut on the desktop to whatever program you want. Right click -> Properties and fill in the field there. Sadly the shortcut needs to remain on the desktop, but you can hide it.

Fun fact: If you had keyboard shortcuts for programs pinned to your Windows 7 start menu, those shortcuts still work when you update to Windows 10.

Frick, Dec 30, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

I didn't see on your list using Win-X to bring up the basic setup of system tools like the original control panel, easy access to device manager, etc. not technically a list of commands, but at least a shortcut *Smile Windows 10 Shortcuts have disappeared and... :)

Ahhzz, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Shortcuts have disappeared and... - Similar Threads - Shortcuts disappeared

2. Shortcut arrows disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut arrows disappear: Windows 11. I keep shortcuts with arrows on my desktop to quickly open files and folders. However, every 3 weeks or so, the arrows disappear. I run the program “Restore_default_shortcut_arrow.reg” to restore them. It does a great job, but I have to reboot each time....
  3. Shortcut arrows disappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut arrows disappear: Windows 11. I keep shortcuts with arrows on my desktop to quickly open files and folders. However, every 3 weeks or so, the arrows disappear. I run the program “Restore_default_shortcut_arrow.reg” to restore them. It does a great job, but I have to reboot each time....
  4. Badges on folder shortcuts change or disappear mysteriously

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Badges on folder shortcuts change or disappear mysteriously: Hi there,I'm using Windows 10 in a work domain, and I have a few folder shortcuts on my desktop. Some of them are shortcuts to folders on my C drive and some are shortcuts to network folders. I've noticed that the normal blue arrow badge that indicates a folder is a shortcut...
  5. Badges on folder shortcuts change or disappear mysteriously

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Badges on folder shortcuts change or disappear mysteriously: Hi there,I'm using Windows 10 in a work domain, and I have a few folder shortcuts on my desktop. Some of them are shortcuts to folders on my C drive and some are shortcuts to network folders. I've noticed that the normal blue arrow badge that indicates a folder is a shortcut...
  6. Badges on folder shortcuts change or disappear mysteriously

7. Sd card files disappears and are moved onto a shortcut named "Sd Card 32gb"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sd card files disappears and are moved onto a shortcut named "Sd Card 32gb": When i try to plug in an sd card or usb to windows 7 SP1 all the files just disappear and get moved onto a shortcut when i look what is it it was moved into a invisible folder...
  8. Sd card files disappears and are moved onto a shortcut named "Sd Card 32gb"

Sd card files disappears and are moved onto a shortcut named "Sd Card 32gb": When i try to plug in an sd card or usb to windows 7 SP1 all the files just disappear and get moved onto a shortcut when i look what is it it was moved into a invisible folder...
  9. Sudden blue screen crash, then all desktop shortcuts disappeared

Sudden blue screen crash, then all desktop shortcuts disappeared: My windows just crashed a few minutes ago. I got a blue screen then the system restarted, after it restarted all desktop icons where corrupt.I have the bug analysis fetched from WinDbg below, could you help me pinpoint the problem, or the faulty driver?Thank you in advance!0:...
  10. Sudden blue screen crash, then all desktop shortcuts disappeared

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sudden blue screen crash, then all desktop shortcuts disappeared: My windows just crashed a few minutes ago. I got a blue screen then the system restarted, after it restarted all desktop icons where corrupt.I have the bug analysis fetched from WinDbg below, could you help me pinpoint the problem, or the faulty driver?Thank you in advance!0:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 run list of earlier commands disappeared

2. why sound keyboard shortcut disappeared