Windows 10: Windows 10 should be smarter about when to sleep.

Discus and support Windows 10 should be smarter about when to sleep. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When working with a long-running simulation, it is annoying that one must configure Windows to disable sleep before starting the simulation. Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Phillip M. Feldman, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Windows 10 should be smarter about when to sleep.

When working with a long-running simulation, it is annoying that one must configure Windows to disable sleep before starting the simulation. Windows should be intelligent enough to not enter sleep mode when an application that consumes all or most of the available CPU is running.

:)

Phillip M. Feldman, Jul 2, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 2, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 2, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 should be smarter about when to sleep.

Windows 10 wont stay in sleep mode

yes, it was already off.

its waking up one hour after it sleeps for about 2 minutes, then sleeping again. How the eff can i track what it does in that time if nothing shows in powerCFG or the event log?

Mussels, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 should be smarter about when to sleep.

1. Windows 10 should be smarter about when to sleep. - Similar Threads - should smarter sleep

2. When should I be worried about 99% reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When should I be worried about 99% reset: I am resetting my laptop and it has been on 99% for the last 2 hours, when should I consider stopping the process and doing it again submitted by /u/Federal_Locksmith457 [link] [comments]...
  3. Question about Windows 10 Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Question about Windows 10 Sleep: I've custom built a Desktop PC for my friend and installed Windows 10 Pro, when he let his PC go to sleep, normally all of the fans in computer case completly stop, RGB turns off, nothing is spinning at all. So my main question kicks in right here - how is it possible that he...
  4. Question about Windows 10 Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Windows 10 Sleep: I've custom built a Desktop PC for my friend and installed Windows 10 Pro, when he let his PC go to sleep, normally all of the fans in computer case completly stop, RGB turns off, nothing is spinning at all. So my main question kicks in right here - how is it possible that he...
  5. Question about Windows 10 Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Is there anything that i should be worry about when using a Windows Sandbox?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there anything that i should be worry about when using a Windows Sandbox?: First time using Windows Sandbox and im worry about testing somethingwill the virus will get inside my main computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-anything-that-i-should-be-worry-about/68715463-4281-4077-a26f-616474739d07
  7. About the sleep

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    About the sleep: Hello,I have some problem with the sleep modeWhen I press sleep and close the lid. Then I open the lid after 30 minutes, my latpop does not wake up. Therefore, I need restart my laptop by hold the power button during 15s. How can i fix that ?...
  8. Should i be concerned about privacy in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should i be concerned about privacy in windows 10?: I've heard a lot about windows 10 not being a good option for privacy, but should i trust then? What exactly does microsoft collect when i use windows 10, and am i annomysed? submitted by /u/Wooden-Fan5324 [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows 10 goes to sleep when it definitely should NOT

Windows 10 goes to sleep when it definitely should NOT: I've been experiencing this on several all? of my systems at home for quite a while now, and I'm biting the bullet to ask around about thismajor annoyance. TL;DR The PC goes to sleep while some activity is running, and this causes failures in that activity. The typically...
  10. How should the SLEEP command work? Windows 10

How should the SLEEP command work? Windows 10: When I was about to shut down my laptop very early this morning, I saw the Sleep command, something I've not noticed before. The hover message said "The PC stays on but uses low power. Apps stay open so when PC wakes up you're instantly back to where you left off". So I...