Windows 10: Windows 10 - Show default extension icon instead of default application icon

Discus and support Windows 10 - Show default extension icon instead of default application icon in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I edited my regedit registry to asign an extension a default custom icon. For example the .js extension. In HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/.js key I added a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LuiscriLopez, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Windows 10 - Show default extension icon instead of default application icon

I edited my regedit registry to asign an extension a default custom icon. For example the .js extension.

In HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/.js key I added a new value called DefaultIcon pointing to the path where my icon is located. I also went to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/JSFile/DefaultIcon and also added a (Default) value pointing to the same path.

The problem is that .js files show the default application icon used for that type of files, SublimeText3 in this case.

I would like to ignore the default app icon and always show the default icon I assigned manually to that extension. Is that possible?

NOTE: I have my computer set in Spanish language.

:)

LuiscriLopez, Sep 11, 2019
  2. thegave Win User

Need default Windows icons

Would it have the default icons?

thegave, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Sep 11, 2019
  4. psyko12 Win User

Windows 10 - Show default extension icon instead of default application icon

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

Windows 10 - Show default extension icon instead of default application icon prob.jpg

psyko12, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - Show default extension icon instead of default application icon

1. Windows 10 - Show default extension icon instead of default application icon - Similar Threads - Show default extension

2. extension default change

in Windows 10 Customization
    extension default change: Would like to know how to change default programs for extensions eg. txt, rtf. NOT the easy way that doesn't work - settings only offers certain choices and I want something NOT listed - in this case I want Wordpad....
  3. Default App extensions

Default App extensions: my ex_ extension got switch to Adobe Acrobat, & I would like to switch it back to its original "Open With", but at this point do not know what the original "Open With" was. This is in Windows 10 & keeps referring to look for an App in the store.......
  4. Under settings, choose default application by file extension.

Under settings, choose default application by file extension.: Under settings, choosing the default application by file extension, is very time-consuming. It has no search feature "dumb." I'm quite familiar with editing the registry "Regedit" I have looked at I cannot find where applications by extension is filed. If anybody knows,...
  5. Default Applications in Windows 10

Default Applications in Windows 10: I am trying to change a default application in Windows 10. I go to Settings > Default apps > Choose default apps by file type. I cannot click on the file in the Name column. I click on the app in the Default App column that I want to change. "Choose an app" pops up, but...
  6. Application Icons not showing in Windows 10 Taskbar

Application Icons not showing in Windows 10 Taskbar: I have noticed, that following a recent Windows 10 update, my taskbar no longer shows any pinned application icons like, for example, Windows Media, Microsoft Store, and also when I open an application, for example Microsoft Edge, this does not appear in the taskbar either....
  7. Icons in menu changed to default

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons in menu changed to default: In my main menu, I just noticed many default folder icons on programs that had their own icons. For instance all program icons in H, I, J and L names are now default folder icons. Any way to change them back ? Thanks 116714
  8. Default View 'Large icons'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default View 'Large icons': W10, Office 2016. Although I close my docs and folders in 'Large icons', they often open in List view, which I never want; I almost always want Large icon view. I have been down the recommended File Explorer/any folder////apply to folders etc. route, but this hasn't changed...
  9. Changing Default Library Icons?

Changing Default Library Icons?: Okay so I know this has to do with registry editing. The problem is I don't know how to do it. The ones I want to change the most are these: To clarify I do not mean the ones under C:/User/Me" but "This PC" as you see below. [img] I refuse to believe this cannot be...
  10. Changing "all" default icons in Windows 10?

Changing "all" default icons in Windows 10?: I have been modifying my setup software to look a lot more retro and have been replacing is, screensavers and sounds with that of older OSes (my favourites are Windows 98 Sed Edition and Windows ME, and I use some Windows 95C material). Changing the is of shortcuts and...