Windows 10: Windows 10 "show desktop" taskbar button & keyboard not working.

Discus and support Windows 10 "show desktop" taskbar button & keyboard not working. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So up until now, it's been fine. But the past couple of days, when pressing "show desktop" in my taskbar, it doesn't work, and neither does the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by lukebarnes554, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Windows 10 "show desktop" taskbar button & keyboard not working.

So up until now, it's been fine. But the past couple of days, when pressing "show desktop" in my taskbar, it doesn't work, and neither does the shortcut. I know it is unique to this function, as the windows + c shortcut for cortana still works.

When looking at the taskbar settings, the option for peeking at the desktop is set to on, but greyed out.

Windows 10 "show desktop" taskbar button & keyboard not working. 9716e75a-2489-44cf-96d6-eea6c5176ba6?upload=true.png

Also, when I go onto youtube and enter full screen with a video. the action centre switches to alarms only, which I turn off, but it still shows a moon.

Windows 10 "show desktop" taskbar button & keyboard not working. 38472248-81d2-42e8-a922-00221f91826a?upload=true.png

If i right click the show desktop button, it'll give me the option of peeking or showing the desktop, with peeking being selected but also greyed out.

This does not effect games.

Edit:

Update seems to have fixed it, but then it broke again after installing another update, so uninstalled the second update, still broken.

:)

lukebarnes554, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 "show desktop" taskbar button & keyboard not working.

1. Windows 10 "show desktop" taskbar button & keyboard not working. - Similar Threads - show desktop taskbar

2. add the show desktop button to the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add the show desktop button to the taskbar: how do I add the show desktop button to the taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-the-show-desktop-button-to-the-taskbar/1981a045-773b-4c7e-b297-9bf6f48a82ff
  3. add the show desktop button to the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    add the show desktop button to the taskbar: how do I add the show desktop button to the taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-the-show-desktop-button-to-the-taskbar/1981a045-773b-4c7e-b297-9bf6f48a82ff
  4. add the show desktop button to the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. taskbar not working and only showing ^ button

taskbar not working and only showing ^ button: I updated windows like 2 hours ago and the taskbar is completely broken, the windows key does not work nothing works. its just blank with the ^ button and nothing else. please help...
  6. restore taskbar desktop list button, not the show desktop button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    restore taskbar desktop list button, not the show desktop button: So far, I like 11 with one exception. I like a clean desktop and, in the past, have hidden desktop icons and used a button on the taskbar that showed a list of them. I would then click on the one I wanted. Very clean and neat. That button seems to be gone. I am not referring...
  7. restore taskbar desktop list button, not the show desktop button

restore taskbar desktop list button, not the show desktop button: So far, I like 11 with one exception. I like a clean desktop and, in the past, have hidden desktop icons and used a button on the taskbar that showed a list of them. I would then click on the one I wanted. Very clean and neat. That button seems to be gone. I am not referring...
  8. Show Desktop button in taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show Desktop button in taskbar: All of my Windows computers have had a "show desktop" button in the taskbar but my Windows 10 computer does not. Can anyone tell me how to put one there? Many thanks for your help. Peter E. Dietz...
  9. How to remove Windows 10 taskbar/show desktop button?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove Windows 10 taskbar/show desktop button?: Hi there. I need 1 of the 2 things found if possible for Windows 10 only. Either to remove the show desktop button (which I have no use for at all) at boot up, NOT startup, or remove taskbar at boot up, but still have access to the Windows key for the start menu. I have...
  10. Hide or Show Touch Keyboard Button on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Touch Keyboard Button on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Touch Keyboard Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use different keyboards with Windows to fit your needs. The most common is a physical, external keyboard that you plug into your PC. Windows 10 includes a touch keyboard for PCs....