Windows 10: Windows 10 - show windows stacked / show windows side by side NOT WORKING since 4 years!!!

Discus and support Windows 10 - show windows stacked / show windows side by side NOT WORKING since 4 years!!! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Greetings I have posted an issue on the 3rd of September, 2015 in the German language. Since the issue is still pending and the unresolved thread was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nightragerz, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Windows 10 - show windows stacked / show windows side by side NOT WORKING since 4 years!!!

Greetings

I have posted an issue on the 3rd of September, 2015 in the German language. Since the issue is still pending and the unresolved thread was closed (HOW DARE YOU MICROSOFT!!!), I am posting now in the English language.

Link to the original thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/de-de...anzeigen/9ac45118-68cb-416a-a2d6-ecc69b6c23cd

Summary:

• 1 open window works
    • 2 open windows work, although not all space is used
    • 3 open windows display wrong (stacked = stacked, side by side = stacked) <= This one is the most important one!
    • 4 open windows display wrong (stacked = stacked, side by side = stacked, space is not used, windows have different size)
    • 5 open windows work, although not all space is used
    • 6 open windows display wrong (stacked = stacked, side by side = stacked, space is not used, windows have different size)
    • 7 open windows work, although not all space is used

Offtopic: As I was coloring the text above, I realized that the text color function is broken in such a way that when you've already colored a text and want to color another one, you first have to color a third one in a different color in order to color the second one. Windows 10 - show windows stacked / show windows side by side NOT WORKING since 4 years!!! o_O

I hereby offer 1 Bitcoin to the first person who can successfully restore full functionality from Windows 8.1 and implement it back into Windows 10! (Microsoft associates are not eligible for the reward.)

:)

Nightragerz, Oct 24, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 24, 2019
  3. trickson Win User
    Windows gadgets and side show not working .

I need your help once again TPU . I was messing with a program called window7 manager ( No longer need it ) and well now windows gadgets and side show and task bar jump list are no longer working at all . Any one know how to " Fix " this ? Man I hate it when I screw things up but sure Glad you all are here with know how to fix things . Thank You all *Respect :respect:

trickson, Oct 24, 2019
  4. Windows 10 - show windows stacked / show windows side by side NOT WORKING since 4 years!!!

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - show windows stacked / show windows side by side NOT WORKING since 4 years!!!

1. Windows 10 - show windows stacked / show windows side by side NOT WORKING since 4 years!!! - Similar Threads - show stacked show

2. Show windows stacked/side by side not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Show windows stacked/side by side not working: Since I upgraded to windows 10 every time I try show windows stacked/side by side it acts like there is extra windows opened but there isn't. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/show-windows-stackedside-by-side-not-working/1f11556c-f19a-411b-bf69-abc4e6547f06
  3. Show Windows Side by Side not working

Show Windows Side by Side not working: Showing Windows side by side is very useful for online classes! Now when I choose the option it shrinks the windows to 1/4 size boxes as if I chose "show windows stacked". Last week when looking for a fix someone on another site suggested enabling Snap, unchecking the 3rd...
  4. Cannot Cascade/Show windows stacked/show windows side by side with command prompts windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot Cascade/Show windows stacked/show windows side by side with command prompts windows 10: Often times I have several command prompts open and running different tasks and in previous windows versions You could tile them or cascade etc.. I can open 4 cmds and they just sit there.... If i open windows apps and select the cascade it behaves correctly leaving the...
  5. "Show windows side by side"

"Show windows side by side": "Show windows side by side" is still not working !! I have check this forum for answers but what I see here is this issue coming up again and again without any solutions or REPAIR. It is now 2020, after hundreds of WINODWS 10 updates, fixes and repairs. Side by Side is...
  6. Show windows side-by-side / stacked Bug

Show windows side-by-side / stacked Bug: This issue has been reported since 2015. I have seen multiple threads about this. Its now 2020, 5 years later. When is MSFT going to fix this annoying bug? It's a disgrace its been ignored so long. Refresher: When you do a "show windows side by side" from the task-bar,...
  7. "Show windows side by side"

"Show windows side by side": "Show windows side by side" putting two or more windows side-by-side on the screen, but stacking them. Obvious error. Is there a fix to this? If so,, how do I get access to this fix? If not, when could I expect a fix? I used "Show windows side by side" frequently in...
  8. Show windows side by side and stack window feature isn't working in Windows 10

Show windows side by side and stack window feature isn't working in Windows 10: Every time I run it, it does /show different things... usually wrong or bad, like the one in the screenshot. Is there any way to fix it? It's so annoying, it's one very basic function.... how is it not working PS: only one virtual desktop was open, and I tried many times:...
  9. "Show windows side by side", or stacked, not working propertly!!

"Show windows side by side", or stacked, not working propertly!!: Every time I run it, it does /show different things... usually wrong or bad, like the one in the screenshot. Is there any way to fix it? It's so annoying, it's one very basic function.... how is it not working PS: only one virtual desktop was open, and I tried many times:...
  10. show windows side-by-side

show windows side-by-side: When I right click on the taskbar and then click on "Show windows side by side" it only shows the windows vertically side by side and not horizontally. I can drag the window edges to get them side by side, but that is a pain in the neck. How do I get them side by side...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. show windows side by side in windows 10 shows windows stacked

2. show windows stacked not working