Windows 10: Windows 10 showing connected, no internet when I connect to WiFi

Discus and support Windows 10 showing connected, no internet when I connect to WiFi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My windows recently started showing connected, no internet when I connect to WiFi. I'm able to browse the internet in browsers like chrome, edge,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Anudeep Itha, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Windows 10 showing connected, no internet when I connect to WiFi

My windows recently started showing connected, no internet when I connect to WiFi. I'm able to browse the internet in browsers like chrome, edge, firefox, etc. but some sites which relay on internet status shown by the system are not working as the system shows no internet. Even many apps that use the system network status to run are also not working due to this issue. This is creating many problems for me. I'm not able to work on my laptop like once I used to.

Even Windows updates are also not getting downloaded due to this issue.

Can I get a fix quickly for this issue?

:)

Anudeep Itha, Jul 30, 2020
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Jul 30, 2020
  3. simrick Win User
    When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Windows 10 showing connected, no internet when I connect to WiFi

Internet Connection

• Community

I was not able to work on this issue yesterday ( busy for a 90 year old). This evening I was able to take the steps that were suggested in your email.

When I use “Device Manager” I click “ Network Adapters” I see “ Wifi” but not Eternet in this list. On the “Settings” I click “Wifi” which shows the “On' button.
    I click” Show available networks”. I wanted to capture the page that is shown, but it will not show. The top line is Network ( connected) but course I have the Ethernet cable connected. Also showing Is Five “ Broadband connections” At the bottom is
    “ Network and Internet settings” I hope for your continued help.

georgefrtsch, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 showing connected, no internet when I connect to WiFi

1. Windows 10 showing connected, no internet when I connect to WiFi - Similar Threads - showing connected internet

2. Connected to WiFi but not Connected to the Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected to WiFi but not Connected to the Internet: I'm having a strange problem on my ASUS Vivobook. I'm connected to my home wifi but the toolbar is still showing the "No Connection" icon.Edge works fine and I can enter any website without issue. When I try to log into Microsoft Office, it tells me it's not connected to the...
  3. Connected to WiFi but not Connected to the Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connected to WiFi but not Connected to the Internet: I'm having a strange problem on my ASUS Vivobook. I'm connected to my home wifi but the toolbar is still showing the "No Connection" icon.Edge works fine and I can enter any website without issue. When I try to log into Microsoft Office, it tells me it's not connected to the...
  4. Windows 10 connects wifi but can't connect to internet when I connect to phone hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 connects wifi but can't connect to internet when I connect to phone hotspot: Hi I can connect to wifi without problem. Then I want to use my mobile phone as hotspot. It also connects to hotspot without problem. But It can't access any internet pages.Help please...
  5. Windows 10 connects wifi but can't connect to internet when I connect to phone hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 connects wifi but can't connect to internet when I connect to phone hotspot: Hi I can connect to wifi without problem. Then I want to use my mobile phone as hotspot. It also connects to hotspot without problem. But It can't access any internet pages.Help please...
  6. Internet is connected but shows not connected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet is connected but shows not connected: I have this problem where even though I'm connected to my modem via eternet cord or wifi when i connect for a second it says I'm connected but then it starts showing that I'm not connected. I don't understand why it keeps doing this I've reset my pc and also the network...
  7. I am connected to the wifi but no internet connection?

I am connected to the wifi but no internet connection?: I am connected and it sais no internet connection? And when i trouble shoot i get "Problem with wireless adapter or access point" and i cant remember what i did but i reset some wifi things from my wifi. submitted by /u/BigBrainViktor [link] [comments]...
  8. WiFi and Ethernet are connected but showing "No Internet"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WiFi and Ethernet are connected but showing "No Internet": Hello, I have updated my Thinkpad E570 with Windows May 2020 update. Since that update, I am getting "No Internet" message for my WiFi and Ethernet connection though I am always connected to the internet. Because of this issue, I am unable to remote desktop my home PC. I am...
  9. WiFi Disables when connected to Internet

WiFi Disables when connected to Internet: Windows 10 disables WiFi when connected to Ethernet on Dell Laptop. BIOS setting to power save WiFi disabled. No Dell WiFi software installed. I’ve figured this is a Windows 10 issue. Impossible to search on Google because the algorithm assumes I am looking for ways to ENABLE...
  10. "No Internet" When auto-connecting to WiFi Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "No Internet" When auto-connecting to WiFi Windows 10: Hello! My Windows 10 installation can't auto-connect to wifi after turning on, If it does, it says "No Internet" every time. Is there a way to fix this? (My WiFi Dongle: KOOTEK WIFI DONGLE) 45195