Windows 10: windows 10 showing empty folders

Discus and support windows 10 showing empty folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; folders showing empty in documents in windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by m8#, Nov 5, 2018.

1. M8#
    m8# Win User

windows 10 showing empty folders

folders showing empty in documents in windows 10

:)

2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 7, 2018
  4. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

1. windows 10 showing empty folders - Similar Threads - showing empty folders

2. showing "this folder is empty" when its not

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    showing "this folder is empty" when its not: since i updated my pc from windows 7 to 10 i have had some problems with the local disk Dfor example it shows that the folder is empty but when i search something it shows so its not empty how can i fix it?...
  3. Folder is Empty but has Files and Shows Size in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Folder is Empty but has Files and Shows Size in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Are you panicking with the unexpected This folder is empty message on the screen when you open a folder? It can become more alarming when you know, for a fact, that you have transferred the files on that folder specifically. If you are still unsure and confused, go...
  4. Navigation Pane - empty folders not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Navigation Pane - empty folders not showing: I have created a number of new sub-folders: R144,R145,R146,R147,R148,R149,R150,R151,R152,R153,R154,R155,R156,R158,R159 They sometimes appear in the preview pane, but not in the naviagation pane. I know they are there, because if I choose the folder, e.g. ..\R151, it will...
  5. download folders show empty

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    download folders show empty: i have a lenovo lap top with windows 10 pre installed and when i download any files they show empty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-folders-show-empty/a865bfc2-3105-4dc0-bf60-53631888f39d
  6. Empty File Folders and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Empty File Folders and Windows 10: Last year I uploaded all my music and photographs to the One Drive and an external hard drive when the One Drive was full from my previous pc that ran Windows 7. I then downloaded, or so I thought, all of the music and photographs to my new pc operating Windows 10. I...
  7. Email folders are empty windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email folders are empty windows 10: I use a desktop with keyboard, Windows 10 installed Edge and Internet explorer is used for browsers. I have an email address from the 1990s that was first issued to me by my first ISP. it ends in .net I use that because of customers and friends all used it for that many...
  8. Fonts Folder shows "This folder is empty" message, although it's not

in Windows 10 Support
    Fonts Folder shows "This folder is empty" message, although it's not: Hi,everybody. I've recently installed about 30,000 news fonts on my Windosw 10. The PC slowed down a bit, so I started removing 'some' (many) fonts. However, now that I've removed thousands of fonts, when I open the Fonts folder it only shows the "This folder is empty"...
  9. Windows 10 Pictures " this folder is empty"

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pictures " this folder is empty": I cannot see or view any of my pictures. I click on a folder and it tells me its empty. When I click on properties, its obvious by the size of the file, that its still there. I Any ideas on how to fix this? 18139
  10. Empty folder message for non-empty folder by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Empty folder message for non-empty folder by Windows 10: "This folder is empty" message displayed by Microsoft OneDrive although the folder has thousands of subfolder with over 20 000 files! This error has been since Windows 10 OneDrive was introduced. 54515

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 shared folder empty