Windows 10: Windows 10 Showing Empty On Optical Drive???

Discus and support Windows 10 Showing Empty On Optical Drive??? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm trying to Install some software on a disk. The disk drive is recognised but there is nothing in it ? Despite showing it's full. 9375 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by vampire613, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Showing Empty On Optical Drive???

I'm trying to Install some software on a disk. The disk drive is recognised but there is nothing in it ? Despite showing it's full.

:)

vampire613, Jul 28, 2015
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 28, 2015
  3. jhorak101 Win User
    Is Microsoft aware of the Internal Optical drive not registering, showing, in Windows version 10 with an ASUS Laptop R503U

Original Title: ASUS Laptop Model R503U Optical Drive

Is Microsoft aware of the Internal Optical drive not registering, showing, in Windows version 10 with an ASUS Laptop R503U ? I purchased window s10 Home OS yesterday and installed the OS on a clean HDD. And noticed the only optical drive showing is the external
    Optical drive connected to the USB port. The internal drive is not showing up in device manger at all. With Windows 8 and 8.1 it was working fine. Other OS's show the drive too.

Thank you.

jhorak101, Jul 28, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Showing Empty On Optical Drive???

1. Windows 10 Showing Empty On Optical Drive??? - Similar Threads - Showing Empty Optical

2. Optical drive not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optical drive not showing: Hi,My optical drive to read DVDs is not recognized by my portable laptop Windows 10.Here is the context:I have an optical drive connected to my portable laptop via a SATA/USB cable.Here are my attempts to solve the issue:- I connected the drive to my laptop the normal way: it...
  3. Optical drive not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Optical drive not showing: Hi,My optical drive to read DVDs is not recognized by my portable laptop Windows 10.Here is the context:I have an optical drive connected to my portable laptop via a SATA/USB cable.Here are my attempts to solve the issue:- I connected the drive to my laptop the normal way: it...
  4. Optical drive not showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Drive showing as empty in a windows CMD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive showing as empty in a windows CMD: This is a very weird issue to describe as it is one drive in question that I am having issues with.To start this off, My computer has multiple drives, one of these had a partion to a dual boot of linux. I removed said partition as it was taking up too much space, what I...
  6. Drive showing as empty in a windows CMD

Drive showing as empty in a windows CMD: This is a very weird issue to describe as it is one drive in question that I am having issues with.To start this off, My computer has multiple drives, one of these had a partion to a dual boot of linux. I removed said partition as it was taking up too much space, what I...
  7. Drive showing as empty in a windows CMD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. optical drive

optical drive: so, my optical drive is only reading blank disks. when I insert a blank disk, it reads without a problem, but when I insert a disk thhat has even 1 byte, the drive goes crazy and does not read. i would like an answer to that....
  9. Drive shows up as empty

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive shows up as empty: [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]For some reason, after I mistakenly made the entire drive downloads and fixed it, the drive seems empty although it has the downloads folder....
  10. optical drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    optical drive: is not listed in devices and wont find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/optical-drive/0fdeeee8-96a7-42b5-801d-ed31c57d2c14