Windows 10: Windows 10 showing Missing Text and Icons on the Screen

Discus and support Windows 10 showing Missing Text and Icons on the Screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This Morning I booted up my system and started playing CSGO (Played many times without any issues) and by mistake I pressed windows key and after few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by shahmeerhaq, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Windows 10 showing Missing Text and Icons on the Screen

This Morning I booted up my system and started playing CSGO (Played many times without any issues) and by mistake I pressed windows key and after few mins quit the game but the system acting weirdly after that (Screenshot Attached below)

Laptop: DELL 15 - 7548 Inspiron 7000Running Windows 10 HOME (Version 1809)

OS BUILD 17763.104

Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-5500U CPU @2.40GHZ

Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500

Driver Version: 20.19.15.4835

Windows 10 showing Missing Text and Icons on the Screen 58146978-694a-4e35-bd80-06a0be040e97?upload=true.jpg

Note: Did a fresh install of windows through recovery option but still the problem is still there.

After disabling the Graphics Driver it is working properly. Can anyone provide me with the fix to avoid this issue.

Windows 10 showing Missing Text and Icons on the Screen 3a202a4a-0b86-47f9-9151-1858566b4347?upload=true.jpg

:)

shahmeerhaq, Oct 22, 2018

2. Missing Desktop Icon Text

Not sure what happen here. I have scanned this rig with Spybot, SuperAntiSpyware, Combofix, SmitfraudFix, Spyware Doctor, Spyware Terminator and have found nothing.

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/2310/desktoplo.png

as you can see in the pic, the icons are there but the text is missing. I can click on some of the icons, but other ones I click and nothing happens. Has anyone ever seen this before?

Thanks...

Morrison5891, Oct 22, 2018
  3. Missing Desktop Icon Text

You can't rename or even create new folders, etc ... The icons are there I just took a screenshot to show what I was talking about. The icons are unclickable

Morrison5891, Oct 22, 2018
  4. Windows 10 showing Missing Text and Icons on the Screen

Why is the Safely Remove Hardware icon missing in Windows 10?

Hi.

I am using a HP Envy with Windows 10. Safety remove icon missing and I can not safely remove my IPhone.

I have read that other members of the forum have had the same problem of the Safety remove icon not showing. I followed all the steps suggested by Microsoft link and by pclicious.com. I also created a shortcut on the desk and still no chance for me safety
    remove the IPhone. I add a Galaxy Note II and still the icon was not showing. Then I added a WD external store drive and the icon suddenly appeared. It was showing not only the WD external store but the Galaxy too. However the iPhone was not in the list.

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Regards.

Zoraida

Zoraida Quintero-Hardie, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 showing Missing Text and Icons on the Screen

1. Windows 10 showing Missing Text and Icons on the Screen - Similar Threads - showing Missing Text

2. Taskbar - Show Title and Text is missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar - Show Title and Text is missing: [ATTACH] I was following along this YouTube tutorial on how to make your windows 10 desktop look clean. I've come across this step https://youtu.be/p43a3K8-k5w?t=161 and it turns out that I do not have a "Show title" or a "Show Text". Why is this option missing on my...
  3. Blurry Text on Desktop Icons and missing parts of windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blurry Text on Desktop Icons and missing parts of windows: The text below the icons on my desktop is blurry the icons themself are okay. Also, when I open a window, nothing is there, where there should be a list of files, etc. A reboot helps temporarily, but after a while the problem re-occurs. I also cannot open Word Office 2019...
  4. Missing "This PC" text from the Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing "This PC" text from the Icon: Dear Microsoft Team, Recently I have discovered that the text "This PC" is missing from the My Computer icon. But for this, rest of the icons on the desktop have text associated with it. I'm not sure if it happened after some windows update or due to some malware/virus. I...
  5. Icons not showing but text showing on desktop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icons not showing but text showing on desktop.: Hi! This is my first time on here and i need help so ill get straight to the point. So a few minutes ago as im writing this, i restarted my computer because my taskbar wasnt showing. So it turned back on, the taskbar was showing, but my icons were not but the text or title...
  6. Text in cmd and windows icons missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Text in cmd and windows icons missing: Hey, Ive got an problem, because i wanted to free up some disc space, ive entered the COMPACT.EXE /CompactOS:always command in powershell, now i dont have an cmd text and i cant see an windows icons [img] [img] 131749
  7. Desktop icons missing, Only text showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons missing, Only text showing: I have Three user accounts in my PC and this issue affects two of them My Desktop icons have disappeared and i can only see the Names of each shortcut which i am able to click to open as usual. In Windows Explorer My Navigation Pane is empty and my Libraries icons are...
  8. Missing Icons/Folder Thumbnails Only Text Showing

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Icons/Folder Thumbnails Only Text Showing: I've had a strange issue on two computers after the last two upgrades. After computers have rebooted all the icons, folder thumbnails are gone. Only thing left is the text or name. Clicking on the text opens the shortcut or folder as always. Had to put a backup back on to...
  9. Windows 10 shows text but no icons. Help needed

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 shows text but no icons. Help needed: so one day i mad my little brother an account so he can play games without messing with my stuff and once the account boot up every account on the system was like the picture down below. i thought it was a redgedit problem so I restored windows keeping my stuff and that...
  10. Icons missing (But program text remains)

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons missing (But program text remains): [img] So this is my problem, as you can see, the program names are there, but all the icons, including the taskbar icons, and the icons in file explorer/task manager, are gone, before anyone asks, clicking to hide or show icons just makes the text disappear as well. When...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 icon text missing

2. disappearing text and icons

3. windows 10 no text showing

4. geforce gt 710 windows 10 garbled text icon,
  5. windows 10 icon text is missing,
  6. windows 10 button icons and text disappear start screen,
  7. text missing on screen,
  8. lost icon and text windows 10,
  9. windows 10 desktop missing text,
  10. windows 10 icons missing text are visible