Windows 10: windows 10 showing no desktop icon and not showing any taskbar menu

Discus and support windows 10 showing no desktop icon and not showing any taskbar menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I turn on my laptop, there are no desktop icons and no taskbar menus. Windows explorer is not working, there is no taskbar. ctrl+alt+del shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SandeepKumar_960, Jun 22, 2020.

1. windows 10 showing no desktop icon and not showing any taskbar menu

When I turn on my laptop, there are no desktop icons and no taskbar menus.

Windows explorer is not working, there is no taskbar.

ctrl+alt+del shows security options but when I choose taskbar it does not open any window.

Any Help?????

:)

SandeepKumar_960, Jun 22, 2020

2. Computer not showing desktop or start icon?

My computer is not showing the desktop icons or the start menu bar... everytime I want to open something i have to use the windows task manager. anyone know why this happens? also when i want to open My Computer properties or something it says I'm missing the RUNDLL32.EXE

Victas2009, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Taskbar hides and shows itself after opening start menu.

Steps:

1. Using HDMI for a second monitor.
    2. Open start menu using the icon.
    3. Close start menu using the icon.
    4. Click anywhere other than the task bars. (e.g. an open window, the desktop, even the first monitor's desktop)
    5. Taskbar on second monitor slides down to be hidden.
    6. Taskbar then immediately slides up to reappear.

If after closing the start menu (step 3), you click on the taskbar, then click outside the taskbar, this behavior does not occur.

Performing the steps on the main monitor's taskbar does not produce this behavior.

This has been happening for as long as I can remember using this laptop (~3years), with different nVidia drivers and Windows 10 updates.

Dreaming Void, Jun 22, 2020
  4. windows 10 showing no desktop icon and not showing any taskbar menu

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 showing no desktop icon and not showing any taskbar menu

1. windows 10 showing no desktop icon and not showing any taskbar menu - Similar Threads - showing desktop icon

2. People app icon not showing in Start menu but shows in Taskbar. Any fix?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    People app icon not showing in Start menu but shows in Taskbar. Any fix?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/OkAstronomer123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/x0t6aq/people_app_icon_not_showing_in_start_menu_but/
  3. icons not showing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    icons not showing on taskbar: windows 10 pro on laptophaving the issue that programs pinned to the taskbar do not show the iconif a program is not pinned and open : icon is okI have multiple programs pinned to taskbar, but only firefox is having the issuei followed all recommendations : restart explorer -...
  4. Hidden icon menu not showing in taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hidden icon menu not showing in taskbar: Hi,I updated Windows 11 to 22610.1 ni_release yesterday, since then I lost the "^" in taskbar that is for the hidden icon menu. I tried the toggle button in the taskbar setting, but the toggle does nothing.I tried the restart the computer without fast startup, it didn't...
  5. Hidden icon menu not showing in taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hidden icon menu not showing in taskbar: Hi,I updated Windows 11 to 22610.1 ni_release yesterday, since then I lost the "^" in taskbar that is for the hidden icon menu. I tried the toggle button in the taskbar setting, but the toggle does nothing.I tried the restart the computer without fast startup, it didn't...
  6. Windows Defender icon not showing up in ^ menu of taskbar

Windows Defender icon not showing up in ^ menu of taskbar: Just fixed a few problems with malware and Windows Defender being disabled. Real time protection is on and everything seems to be working perfectly fine now, but the Windows Defender icon isn't showing in the ^ menu of the taskbar. Is this a problem? I can't remember if it...
  7. Windows 10 Taskbar icon not showing

Windows 10 Taskbar icon not showing: Hye My name is Dhaval Patel I am having a problem with the taskbar Icons are not displaying in the task menu in the bottom. Can you tell me how can I fix it. [ATTACH]...
  8. Desktop, Taskbar and Start Menu not showing.

Desktop, Taskbar and Start Menu not showing.: The Desktop, Taskbar, Start Menu and Windows Key (Command) aren't showing up or working, not even on Safe Mode. I am using Windows 10 on a MacBook Pro 9. Bootcamp wasn't working properly before, so I restored it with the latest drivers and reset PRAM, which got it working...
  9. Taskbar showing Desktop icons

Taskbar showing Desktop icons: So, my taskbar suddenly grew to twice the size and I do not know what happened. Here's an image: [ATTACH] I would like to shrink it down back to regular size and get rid of the "Desktop" category showing the "This PC," "Libraries" and "Network Folder" etc. Thanks in...
  10. Taskbar Menu on Icons not showing complete

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Menu on Icons not showing complete: Hello I'm having this behavior I remembered before that when you right click on the icons on task-bar you will have a menu on several applications with different options depending on the application. That option is not showing anymore on my system, as for example this is...