Windows 10: windows 10 showing not connected to a network

Discus and support windows 10 showing not connected to a network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi my windows 10 pc is connected to the internet OK, and I can access the web, but is showing no network connection. there is no !known networks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by grampsy, Aug 10, 2016.

1. grampsy Win User

windows 10 showing not connected to a network

Hi my windows 10 pc is connected to the internet OK, and I can access the web, but is showing no network connection. there is no !known networks option! showing on setting page ?.I wish to set up home sharing, I have rebooted the router, deleted and re-installed the driver but it did not resolved the issue.
    any help would be appreciated

:)

grampsy, Aug 10, 2016
  2. Geethu B Win User

windows 10 not connected to a network

Hi Peter,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Is the computer connected to domain?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Incorrect Wi-Fi settings.

2. Wi-Fi adapter is not working properly.

I suggest you to refer the article which will help to fix common issue with connecting to a network in Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Aug 10, 2016
  3. windows 10 not connected to a network

Hi,

I am currently living in a temp abode where the wireless router is not quite able to provide enough signal to connect directly to the Desktop pc. Recently upgraded to windows 10 with no apparent issues.

No problem I thought I will simply connect to the router with my cell phone & usb tether to the pc. Connection was successful, internet connection via edge, chrome and other programs no problem.

Also tried connecting to a cellphone WiFi hotspot. Connection was successful, internet connection via edge, chrome and other programs no problem.

But here is the kicker with either of the above I cannot login using the microsoft account error returned is "not currently connected to a network"

Cannot update windows as "not connected to a network"

Yet I am obviously connected to the internet so why will it not update? is this a Android compatibility issue? Do I need to connect directly the wireless router or install a WiFi expander to enable connection to said router?

Do I need to create a home network group of some sort? Rather than a bunch of individual users some Admin and some not.

Now also seem to be blocked from making some basic changes such as changing the default audio device, can select any of the available options but no changes occur.

Have tried all of the fixes & diagnostics that I could find posted on line, short of rolling back to win7 or a full reinstall of win10, no difference at all.

The IT team at my work have not been able to resolve this either.

Is there an update being worked on to resolve this? and where on microsoft can I download it.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

PeterHorrobin, Aug 10, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hello, this is not uniquely a Windows 10 problem and a web search shows it has occurred for others in years previously. Seems there's no one easy solution maybe.

See this thread #11
    Can't connect to Windows Update Server - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums
    There's a lengthy doct I found there where some found solutions.

Not solved here:
    - Windows 10 Forums

Solved here (I think)
    active network shows I am not connected to any networks, but I am. - Windows 10 Forums

Ideas but no outcome here:
    Network icon in system tray says I'm not connected, but I am. - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Aug 11, 2016
Thema:

1. windows 10 showing not connected to a network - Similar Threads - showing connected network

2. pc not showing networks to connect to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc not showing networks to connect to: I skipped the let’s connect you to a network screen by pressing alt + f4 because i don't have ethernet and there was no other options and now my computer doesn’t show me any networks to connect to. what should i do?...
  3. Windows 10 not connecting to or showing any available networks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 not connecting to or showing any available networks.: After turning on my laptop today, I noticed it was not connected to my wifi network. When I went to look at the available networks, I noticed nothing showed up. When I go to network and internet settings and try to troubleshoot shoot the issue, the only solution I am given is...
  4. Windows 10 not connecting to or showing any available networks.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 not connecting to or showing any available networks.: After turning on my laptop today, I noticed it was not connected to my wifi network. When I went to look at the available networks, I noticed nothing showed up. When I go to network and internet settings and try to troubleshoot shoot the issue, the only solution I am given is...
  5. Windows 10 not connecting to or showing any available networks.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Windows network shows as not connected, but ethernet is connected

Windows network shows as not connected, but ethernet is connected: I can browse the internet, download files, etc. but because Windows doesn't seem to know it is connected via ethernet I can't download Windows updates. I've tried an operating reset twice and not getting anywhere, neither by uninstalling and reinstalling drivers....
  7. Network shows not connected although connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network shows not connected although connected: Hello - I have a Yoga Lenovo 930C and I am able to surf the internet via Edge Google etc but it says that "I am not connected to the Internet" and the only suggestion it gives me is to "reset my network" which I have done and it still doesn't show as connected although I...
  8. Windows 10's network flyout shows unavailable network connections and tries to connect to it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10's network flyout shows unavailable network connections and tries to connect to it: I'm infuriated by the network flyout, or the entire networking mechanism, in Windows 10. It consistently fails to realise that a WiFi network is no longer available after the router/hotspot has been turned off. It still tries to connect to that network even it has some other...
  9. WiFi network not showing or connecting

WiFi network not showing or connecting: My acer laptop runs win10 .I usually use internet by connecting with wifi.But now it is neither showing any network nor connecting.I have run network trouble shooter .It asks to turn on wireless capability.But it is already on .I disabled wireless and enable it again.But same...
  10. Ethernet only showing in network connections (Windows 10)

Ethernet only showing in network connections (Windows 10): I've been stressing out trying to find out how to get WiFi back into network connections because I didn't want to keep using an Ethernet cable. When I open up the network tab, there is no networks showing at all except for my Ethernet cable....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shoing not connected to a network