Windows 10: Windows 10 shows a 7.1 audio device as stereo device.

Discus and support Windows 10 shows a 7.1 audio device as stereo device. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a hyperx 7.1 headset but windows shows me its a stereo headset instead of 7.1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AadiTyagi, Jan 18, 2021.

1. AadiTyagi Win User

Windows 10 shows a 7.1 audio device as stereo device.

I have a hyperx 7.1 headset but windows shows me its a stereo headset instead of 7.1

:)

AadiTyagi, Jan 18, 2021
  2. t260g Win User

no audio device

i reformatted my computer yesterday, and i began the process of re-installing everything. when i got to soundcard drivers, i have problems. i use onboard realtek ALC888, after downloading the latest drivers (R1.96) and installing them i have a "no audio device" showing up in the control panel.

i tried "add hardware" and manually selected new hardware device and went through that whole process. after setting up the realtek high definition audio, i went to device manager. it shows a warning sign and the details show Code 10, which then tells me to unistall and reinstall the drivers for the device which i have already done. none of this helps.

i also tried validating windows and got all the recent updates for XP and retried this whole process and i still have the same problem. any ideas?

t260g, Jan 18, 2021
  3. netter Win User
    No audio output device

Hello!
    I have a common problem: my Windows 10 has No Audio Output Device.
    System configuration:
    • Lenovo Legion Y520-15IKBN (laptop)
    • Windows 10 Pro, version 1909, build 18363.535;
    • Current updates;
    Device manager shows these audio devices:
    • High Definition Audio Device (driver version 10.0.18362.356)
    • Intel Display Audio (10.27.0.6)
    • ASUS Xonar U3 (10.0.8.2164)
    i.e. the problem persists even with an external (USB) audio device, recognized by the system.

I performed a sanity check on this issue. Sound works when I boot into Ubuntu live. Therefore, it is not a hardware problem, and is indeed a Windows problem.

Solutions that have not worked so far:
    1. Audio troubleshooter (issues found: check audio device, nothing else)
    2. Rolling back drivers
    3. Uninstalling audio devices
    4. Uninstalling any audio-related devices, incl. the likes of bluetooth speakers
    5. Updating audio drivers (from both built-in drivers and from manufacturer's site)
    6. Installing a generic audio device (installing a generic USB audio device does not succeed, and installing a generic Realtek device resulted in a BSOD)

Do you have any ideas for fixing this?

netter, Jan 18, 2021
  4. Windows 10 shows a 7.1 audio device as stereo device.

I don't have Stereo Mix after upgrading Win 7 to Win 10

This is an HP dc7900 which had Windows 7 HomePremium version 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1) installed.

It had Stereo Mix in the audio recording section. If I remember correctly it wasn't there when I acquired the machine and I installed a Realtek HD Audio HD driver, after which Stereo Mix was there.

After upgrading last night to Windows 10 Version 1803 (OS Build 17134. 191) Stereo Mix is no longer available.

The audio drivers are Microsoft's. I downloaded Realtek's High definition driver, but that's made no difference. Microsoft's drivers are listed in Device Manager.

Will it help to Disable or Uninstall the Devices and then install the Realtek software again?

Syncopator, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 shows a 7.1 audio device as stereo device.

1. Windows 10 shows a 7.1 audio device as stereo device. - Similar Threads - shows audio device

2. Bluetooth audio device not showing up as an audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth audio device not showing up as an audio device: Hi.I'm using Windows 11. So, I just tried pairing my Airpods Pro 1st gen and they connect but they don't show up as an audio device neither as an output or input and it doesn't show "Connected audio" like it did before. Tried with a JBL Go 2, same issue. Bluetooth adapter is...
  3. Bluetooth audio device not showing up as an audio device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth audio device not showing up as an audio device: Hi.I'm using Windows 11. So, I just tried pairing my Airpods Pro 1st gen and they connect but they don't show up as an audio device neither as an output or input and it doesn't show "Connected audio" like it did before. Tried with a JBL Go 2, same issue. Bluetooth adapter is...
  4. It shows "No audio output device is installed"on my Windows 7 system.

It shows "No audio output device is installed"on my Windows 7 system.: I don't know what's wrong with the pc. If the sound card is not working or if the audio ports aren't working. Maybe I need to update the driver but I don't know how to do it. Or there's something wrong with the settings....
  5. Stereo Mix not showing but "Show disable" and "Show disconnected devices" is enabled !!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stereo Mix not showing but "Show disable" and "Show disconnected devices" is enabled !!!: Everything is enabled but stereo mix still isn't showing up. What should I do now? : I am currently running Win 11 insider built 22621 ni_release....
  6. Stereo Mix not showing but "Show disable" and "Show disconnected devices" is enabled !!!

Stereo Mix not showing but "Show disable" and "Show disconnected devices" is enabled !!!: Everything is enabled but stereo mix still isn't showing up. What should I do now? : I am currently running Win 11 insider built 22621 ni_release....
  7. Windows GUI Icon Shows "No Audio Devices Installed" but Device Manager shows devices...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows GUI Icon Shows "No Audio Devices Installed" but Device Manager shows devices...: I have a Windows 10 Enterprise Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.1288 System that is up to date as 02:48 am this morning 10/14/2021.No Sound will Play from the System.By the Clock on the Taskbar there is a Speaker ICON with a Red "x". Right clicking reveals Speaker Setup UNKNOWN...
  8. Audio Bluetoth device its not showing as audio device

Audio Bluetoth device its not showing as audio device: Hello everyone, Pleeas can you help me with my trouble..... I have brought new EVOLVEO AudioConverter XS reciever and conected it to my amplifire>spaekers to be able to play music trough Bluetooth its working well with my TV and iPhone but on the laptop running with Win 10,...
  9. NUC10i7FNH hdmi audio device reverts to stereo

NUC10i7FNH hdmi audio device reverts to stereo: I have a new NUC10i7FNH with Windows 10, and making 5.1 audio work with the HDMI output is giving me fits. Originally, I connected the NUC to a TV, and it set up the audio as "stereo". Even after connecting the NUC to a Denon AVR, the sound systray showed 5.1 and 7.1...
  10. Multiple audio devices 1 jack

Multiple audio devices 1 jack: I've googled this endlessly with no result and I'm guessing it isn't possible but I may as well ask. My laptop has one audio/mic port. I'm cheap and had a splitter laying around, my headphones, and a set of ear buds with a mic on it I combined to use as a headset. This...