Windows 10: Windows 10 Shows I'm Offline But Can Access Chrome but Not Edge or Other Microsoft Apps

Discus and support Windows 10 Shows I'm Offline But Can Access Chrome but Not Edge or Other Microsoft Apps in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Internet Shows "Not Connected" all of a sudden. However, I can access Google Chrome. On the other hand, Microsoft tools like Edge, Skype, Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MiguelO Conner, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Shows I'm Offline But Can Access Chrome but Not Edge or Other Microsoft Apps

My Internet Shows "Not Connected" all of a sudden. However, I can access Google Chrome. On the other hand, Microsoft tools like Edge, Skype, Windows Update, and others says that I'm either offline. It's very strange. Cortana also doesn't work, saying I'm offline. OneDrive is the one Microsoft app that works fine on the PC. I'm writing this in the Chrome browser.

I disabled my McCafree Antivirus and that didn't do anything. I have tried rebooting and forgetting my wifi connections, but that hasn't worked either.

I have a Asus LAPTOP-IROL6Q33.

I've never experienced anything like this.

:)

MiguelO Conner, Jul 13, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft enables offline play for Windows 10 games

Most Windows 10 games will support offline play, but you'll have to work at it.

Windows 10 Shows I'm Offline But Can Access Chrome but Not Edge or Other Microsoft Apps NK5onxJwAvtQTxbkwSUoG8-650-80.png

"Larry Hryb, the man known to the world as Major Nelson, announced on Twittertoday that Microsoft has "made some backend updates to improve your experience playing @Windows 10 games offline." Basically, if you're going to be somewhere that lacks online coverage—on a submarine, for instance—it will still be possible to play your games. But there are some restrictions.

"Most games available in the Store on your Windows 10 device support offline play, but check the details of the game to make sure yours is supported by searching for your game at http://www.xbox.com," the Xbox support site says. "Most games with a campaign mode will be playable offline, but games with network co-op or multiplayer features will not work while you’re offline. While playing offline, some features, such as the ability to purchase additional items from the Windows Store, will not be available. Additionally, any leaderboards will be unavailable while you're offline."

Obviously, online features like buying stuff from in-game stores won't be available when you're offline, but the bit about "games with network co-op or multplayer features" not working while offline really isn't clear. We tested with Gears of War 4 and confirmed that the offline features like campaign and LAN multiplayer worked just fine when disconnected.

There are more caveats, though. You're limited to just one "designated offline device" at a time, and you can only change your designated offline device three times per year. Switching into offline mode isn't all that easy, either. First, you'll need to set your designated offline device:

• Make sure that you’re online.
    • Check that your device has the latest Windows updates: Go to Start,Settings, Update and security, and then Windows Update and see if any relevant updates are available.
    • Open the Store. You’ll be prompted to sign in if you haven’t already.
    • Select the Me icon (this is your profile picture).
    • Select Settings, and then under Offline Permissions, make sure that the toggle is set to On.
    After that, you'll have to "prepare" your games by launching each one that you want to play offline while you're still online, and logging into your Xbox Live account. This is a bit like launching Steam into Offline mode while you still have an internet connection... but you'll have to prepare each individual Xbox game this way before going offline.

Once you've logged into the game while you're online, you can exit at any time and you'll be set. Of course, if you change your mind and want to play something you haven't properly prepared, you're out of luck.

The upside is that this only affects Windows 10 games, but it still seems wildly complicated and restrictive to me. Worse, while improved functionality is always welcome, I can't see how this does anything but beg for unflattering comparisons with Steam: When I want to play my Steam games offline, I set Steam offline, restart it, and I'm on my way—and I can do it as often as I want. Microsoft's implementation of offline play is an improvement, but only because it wasn't available at all previously. As a step toward becoming more competitive with Steam, though, it falls woefully short.
    "

Microsoft enables offline play for Windows 10 games | PC Gamer

P4-630, Jul 13, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

Dolby Laboratories, Inc. and Microsoft Corporation announced today that Dolby Audio is selected to be a part of the Microsoft Windows 10 operating system and will be natively supported by the new Microsoft Edge browser for the playback of web-based content as well as accessible by third-party Windows Store apps. Users of Microsoft Windows 10 PCs and tablets will enjoy Dolby quality audio experiences through Windows entertainment apps and through Microsoft Edge.

Dolby Audio (supporting Dolby Digital Plus) will be available in x86 Windows 10 PCs and tablets for playback of movies, TV shows, and videos with crisp, clear dialogue and greater detail of sounds. Windows 7 and 8 users may upgrade to Windows 10 for free and continue to experience Dolby quality audio consistently across headphones, built-in PC and tablet speakers, or connected home theater systems. Microsoft Edge will be the first browser to leverage the Dolby Digital Plus decoder on the Windows 10 operating system, enabling online content providers to enrich the entertainment experiences of millions of Internet users globally with Dolby Audio.

"We are excited about the collaboration and partnership with Microsoft and share in the commitment to providing the best entertainment experiences possible to consumers across a wide range of devices in the Windows 10 ecosystem," said John Couling, Senior Vice President, E-Media Business Group, Dolby Laboratories. "With the launch of Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge in nearly 200 countries, Dolby and Microsoft will enable better user experiences with high-quality audio that is robust, consistent, and at a scale necessary for the large Windows ecosystem."

"At Microsoft, we are committed to delivering the richest, most immersive, entertainment experiences with Windows 10," said David Treadwell, Corporate Vice President, Operating Systems Group, Microsoft. "With Dolby Audio incorporated into the Windows 10 platform and Microsoft Edge, content providers will be able to deliver their content with superior sound in Dolby Audio for a wide range of Windows 10 based PCs and tablets."

btarunr, Jul 13, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 Shows I'm Offline But Can Access Chrome but Not Edge or Other Microsoft Apps

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Shows I'm Offline But Can Access Chrome but Not Edge or Other Microsoft Apps

1. Windows 10 Shows I'm Offline But Can Access Chrome but Not Edge or Other Microsoft Apps - Similar Threads - Shows I'm Offline

2. Flickering Screen on Edge and other Microsoft Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flickering Screen on Edge and other Microsoft Apps: After a few months from purchasing a Destop PC with intergrated graphics, When playing a video on Microsoft Edge or other Microsoft apps such as Windows Media player and Spotify Microsoft Store App the screen flickers causing the page to sometimes freeze. The issues only...
  3. Flickering Screen on Edge and other Microsoft Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flickering Screen on Edge and other Microsoft Apps: After a few months from purchasing a Destop PC with intergrated graphics, When playing a video on Microsoft Edge or other Microsoft apps such as Windows Media player and Spotify Microsoft Store App the screen flickers causing the page to sometimes freeze. The issues only...
  4. Windows 10 says I'm offline

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 says I'm offline: I am using an Ethernet cable connected directly from my router.Recently I tried using some VPN softwares, after that Windows 10 just kept saying I am offline even though I can browse the internet just fine and using some applications like Discord. However this hinders some of...
  5. Launch offline Chrome Extensions ( apps ) whilst offline

in Browsers and Email
    Launch offline Chrome Extensions ( apps ) whilst offline: I just installed an OFFLINE extension in Chrome, since it is an OFFLINE extension ( app ), one would expect to launch it whilst offline, but how ? At the moment, all Chrome Extensions requires Chrome Web Store to find it, then launch it even after installation. Can anyone...
  6. edge and ie can't access https sites, but Chrome can

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    edge and ie can't access https sites, but Chrome can: Running Windows 10 Pro in Windows Insider Slow Ring - but is stuck on 2004 OS Build 19041.208. Edge on Chrome complained that it needed an upgrade an suggested reinstall. The Edge Beta site only said I was on Edge on Chrome so use Windows Update. Windows Update give the...
  7. Chrome can access the Internet. Other apps can't.

Chrome can access the Internet. Other apps can't.: Hi, i got a question. The problem is that my wifi is fine, not broken but I do not understand why I can still use it with the Chrome browser but with other apps I get the phrase "no internet" Help me, this thing has been driving me crazy these days Thank you and hope you are...
  8. Windows 10 thinks I'm offline

Windows 10 thinks I'm offline: For several weeks now some component of Windows has been under the mistaken impression that the PC is offline. The symptoms are: Microsoft Edge consistently reports "Hmmm... cannot reach this page". Windows Update won't work. Gives this error message: "There were some...
  9. Distorted images in Chrome (but not Edge) and other apps.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Distorted images in Chrome (but not Edge) and other apps.: I'm running W10 Pro with 48GB RAM yet mages in some apps are displayed with random vertical lines or distorted colors. When using the Google Chrome browser the problem occurs on most images but the same pages display correctly in Edge. This leads me to believe that the...
  10. Microsoft Edge and Chrome show TLS1.2 Errors

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge and Chrome show TLS1.2 Errors: I am working on Asus Computer with Intel I7 processor 960 / 3.20hz with 12GB of memory. I have no problems up to a week ago when working on Ebay it stated my browser was out of date and needed to be upgrade (This happened on both Edge and Chrome). I uninstalled Chrome and...