Windows 10: Windows 10 shows POP-UP notification for a network printer every few seconds

Discus and support Windows 10 shows POP-UP notification for a network printer every few seconds in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, We have this printer "Designjet T520 36in" connected to our simple IPv4 local network, and it is already installed on all the computers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AnasAlhadad, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Windows 10 shows POP-UP notification for a network printer every few seconds

Hello,

We have this printer "Designjet T520 36in" connected to our simple IPv4 local network, and it is already installed on all the computers that in the local network.

But for some reason, every few seconds Windows 10 keep discovering it as a new printer and if its just been connected to the network. And this has been the case for few months!!!

I have tried to disable the Windows discovery option for new devices on the network, but it did not help.

I will attach the pop-up message that appears every few second on Windows, unfortunately it is in French, but it simply says, click here to choose the desired action with this device.

Please help.

Thank you

Windows 10 shows POP-UP notification for a network printer every few seconds [​IMG]

:)

AnasAlhadad, Sep 6, 2020

2. Print Job Pop up window not popping up anymore after moving from WIndows 7 to Windows 10

Whenever I printed in Windows 7, a notification message would pop up on the screen, and then fade way. In Windows 10 (Version 1803). I don't seem to have that pop up anymore. The only "Notification" I see is the following.

Windows 10 shows POP-UP notification for a network printer every few seconds 982730ba-ad69-4cc6-8e56-a8c512d5106e?upload=true.png

What I've tried so far:

1. I first went into the Print Management App and checked on the Print Server Properties Advanced tab. Both "Show informational notifications for network printers" and "Show informational notifications for local printers" are properly checked. I tried
      unchecking and re-checking with no success.
    • Press Windows Key +R to launch the Windows Run dialog box.
    • Type “printmanagement.msc“, then press Enter key
    • Expand “Printer Servers“, then right click the name of the computer and select “Printer Server Properties“.
    • Select the “Advanced” tab.
    • Put a check mark against “Show Informational Notifications for Local Printers” and “Show Informational Notifications for Network Printers“.

1. I then went into the Registry Editor and manually deleted and re-added the keys for HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Printers\Settings\EnableBalloonNotificationsLocal and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Printers\Settings\EnableBalloonNotificationsRemote. No success.
      1. Printer notifications not working - Windows 10 Support

1. I then went into the Group Policy Editor and went to the User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Start Menu and Taskbar to enable the policy for "Disable showing balloon notifications as toasts" since I read that could cause problems. No such
      luck.
      1. Group Policy Printer Not displaying Print Notification

Any other ideas?

9cea779f-3843-40f3-af81-5f9496850405, Sep 6, 2020
  3. Jacko28er Win User
    Networked Printer showing "Offline"

Hey guys,

I'm having a slight issue with one of my printers in that it's showing offline and I can't print to it.

It's a Datamax label printer which is connected to my network via a Netgear print server, this has then be added to one of my servers for sharing etc.

So far I've tried the below.

- Classic on/off.
    - Removing from server and re-adding.
    - Ensuring that under port configuration SNMP Status is disabled.
    - Assigning to different IP.
    - Restarting Print Spooler.

I can ping it fine and the printer itself is letting me do manual test prints using its interface, but no matter what I cannot get it to stop showing up as offline and allowing me to print to it over the network. I should add that it's worked fine for the past year.

Any suggestions?

Jacko28er, Sep 6, 2020
  4. Windows 10 shows POP-UP notification for a network printer every few seconds

Windows 10 networked printers not showing in Devices and Printers

New Windows 10 - not an upgrade. I have installed 3 networked printers. If I go to Devices and Printers, they are not listed. Some local printers are listed: Fax, Microsoft Print to PDF, Send to OneNote 2016.

However, if I open Wordpad and select print, I can choose the network printers and I'm able to print to the printer. If I look under Print Queues in Device Manager, the local printers are listed.

In the registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers, the networked printers are listed.
    Any way to get them to show in the Devices and Printers applet?

Cardinal_Biggles, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 shows POP-UP notification for a network printer every few seconds

1. Windows 10 shows POP-UP notification for a network printer every few seconds - Similar Threads - shows POP notification

2. Windows 10 stutters every few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 stutters every few seconds: This has been a problem for months now. Every few seconds, all apps on my computer freezes for half a second. While writing, the computer still register my input while stuttering. The mouse's movement and audio is uneffected by the stuttering. When i look into Task Manager,...
  3. Windows keeps freezing up every few seconds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows keeps freezing up every few seconds: Built my pc a few days ago and started overclocking my CPU and ram, it was all working fine (no errors on OCCT) until a few hours ago when I noticed freezes of 5 seconds happening every so often. My first thought was to clear cmos which I did but it's still happening, does...
  4. I can't stop Notifications from popping up every few seconds. I've turned them off and...

I can't stop Notifications from popping up every few seconds. I've turned them off and...: No matter that I've turned off Notifications, no apps are turned on for notifications, tried all the different Focus options. It makes it impossible to do work, since it pops up, brings the mouse pointer to it, disrupts whatever I do. I've tried editing the Registry and...
  5. Notification popping up then disappearing every few minutes.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Notification popping up then disappearing every few minutes.: At random time intervals, usually between a few minutes to an hour, I get a notification saying: "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub... Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access...
  6. Window 10 freezes every few seconds.

Window 10 freezes every few seconds.: Window 10 freezes every few seconds. After 5 minutes, window 10 begins to freeze please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-freezes-every-few-seconds/51d9b5b3-15b6-452f-b2ae-39675bac96cc
  7. Windows 10 - Script Error popping up every few seconds and whenever computer system restarted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Script Error popping up every few seconds and whenever computer system restarted: Hi In any desktop and laptop Windows 10 OS Script Error popping up every few seconds and whenever computer system restarted on daily basis problem. Please help and fix this issue! I have already updated my windows 10 full and IE, BIOS chip driver, reset the IE 11 and...
  8. Windows 10 notifications are delayed, will show hundreds of pop ups for every email, chat...

Windows 10 notifications are delayed, will show hundreds of pop ups for every email, chat...: When I get home from work my Windows 10 notification pop ups will stream for up to an HOUR on every email I got throughout the day, every Slack message, etc. It's too much, most of these messages have been read, replied to, etc from my Work PC. Sometimes this will start...
  9. The start up menu in windows 10 keeps popping up every few second

The start up menu in windows 10 keeps popping up every few second: When I sign in and try to do anything whether it be search the internet, look at email, play a game etc. the start up menu pops up about every 3 or 4 seconds. I checked the keys to see if something was sticking but it isn't. Thought it might be a virus so took it to a...
  10. Calculator pops up every second

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calculator pops up every second: Calculator pops up every second. Can not stop it only by shutting down my pc. How can I resolve this or how do I delete calculator? Thnx! Ron 20168

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to disable notification popup in windows 10