Windows 10: windows 10 shows that it is activated on new motherboard without buying or inserting license.

Discus and support windows 10 shows that it is activated on new motherboard without buying or inserting license. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I ordered new ram, motherboard and cpu, after putting pc components together and installing windows 10, without buying windows license it shows that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DanielsKrauklis2, Aug 21, 2021.

1. windows 10 shows that it is activated on new motherboard without buying or inserting license.

I ordered new ram, motherboard and cpu, after putting pc components together and installing windows 10, without buying windows license it shows that windows is activated even though i didn't buy license and in installation process i pressed that i don't have product key.why would it show that windows is activated? Is there even way to test if this pc is activated in legit way? through cmd it shows that it is activated through retail channel. i purchased component seperately and build a pc with i3 10105F procesor and gigabyte b460m motherboard.

:)

DanielsKrauklis2, Aug 21, 2021

2. Windows 7 to Windows 10 Upgrade after buying new motherboard de-activated windows

It depends on how Windows 10 was originally configured on your computer.

If its a full retail store bought license online or offline, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a retail store bought Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is NOT transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

Learn more about transferring your license:

If its a retail license, learn how to reactivate using your product key:

Andre Da Costa, Aug 21, 2021
  3. Graf Dyon Win User
    Can't activate windows 10 after changing motherboard

Hello,

I can't activate my windows 10 license after changing my motherboard.

The license I have is a Windows 7 Pro license, that got changed into a Windows 10 license, when the upgrade was free.

Steps I took previous to the motherboard change:

- I linked my Microsoft account with my device, so that my license is registered under my account (it showed up with my mail in the accounts section)

Now, with the new motherboard built in, I can't activate Windows 10 anymore.

I tried the support steps listed by the Microsoft helper (Activation -> Click Troubleshoot), but that did not work.

In the Activitation settings I get the error code: 0xC004F213

Does anybody know a solution for this, as I haven't found one so far.

Graf Dyon, Aug 21, 2021
  4. windows 10 shows that it is activated on new motherboard without buying or inserting license.

windows 10 activation after upgrading motherboard

It depends on how Windows 10 was originally configured on your computer.

If its a full retail store bought license online or offline, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a retail store bought Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is NOT transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

Learn more about transferring your license:

If its a retail license, learn how to reactivate:

Andre Da Costa, Aug 21, 2021
Thema:

windows 10 shows that it is activated on new motherboard without buying or inserting license.

1. windows 10 shows that it is activated on new motherboard without buying or inserting license. - Similar Threads - shows activated motherboard

2. Unable to reactivate windows 10 on new motherboard even with digital license buy on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to reactivate windows 10 on new motherboard even with digital license buy on...: Hi, I recently change my motherboard and wanted to reactivate windows 10 with the digital license I bought in 2022 directly from Microsoft website. For some reason, when I'm using the "Troubleshoot" in the Activation page I get the following message : "We weren't able to...
  3. Unable to reactivate windows 10 on new motherboard even with digital license buy on...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to reactivate windows 10 on new motherboard even with digital license buy on...: Hi, I recently change my motherboard and wanted to reactivate windows 10 with the digital license I bought in 2022 directly from Microsoft website. For some reason, when I'm using the "Troubleshoot" in the Activation page I get the following message : "We weren't able to...
  4. Unable to reactivate windows 10 on new motherboard even with digital license buy on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Transfer Windows 10 to new hardware then buy new license

Transfer Windows 10 to new hardware then buy new license: Hi. I have an Asus video editing laptop to sell. I plan to reset it so the buyer has the Win 10 Home license that is linked to the motherboard. Before resetting, I'd like to move the Win 10 install to a new desktop faster hardware and then activate/pay for the new Windows...
  6. Windows 10 Activation on New Motherboard

Windows 10 Activation on New Motherboard: I am currently looking into upgrading my motherboard that supports a specific CPU. I know that the Windows 10 license is associated with the motherboard I have currently. Am I going to run into any problems trying to pass Windows 10 onto a new motherboard? I do not want to...
  7. Windows 10 no longer activated after buying new motherboard

Windows 10 no longer activated after buying new motherboard: Hi, I recently had some weird fps drops precisely every one minute in every game on my pc and so I began testing my pc components. I swapped my gpu, tested my ssd (containing windows) on my brothers laptop, installed windows on another ssd and swapped it with mine, swapped...
  8. Activating Windows 10 with a digital license from a new SSD and new motherboard

Activating Windows 10 with a digital license from a new SSD and new motherboard: Hi, I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 and my windows settings say I have a digital license. I recently bought a new motherboard and new SSD. I cloned the OS from my old SSD to my new SSD and my PC can boot and I can log in, however it tells me that I need to activate...
  9. Activating Windows 10 on a new motherboard

Activating Windows 10 on a new motherboard: Sorry if this has been asked already, but I have a few questions. I am upgrading my motherboard soon, and from what I understand, windows keys are tied to the motherboard and not the hard drive. Is this correct? I have a windows 7 OEM copy; disc/key is with me. I...
  10. Windows 10 activation with new motherboard

Windows 10 activation with new motherboard: I've tried contacting Microsoft support by both chat (twice) and phone, and none of it was helpful. And so I'm posting the problem here. I have a laptop that was originally running Windows 7. I upgraded to Windows 10 last month via the free upgrade option, and things were...