Windows 10: Windows 10 shows updates as "pending download" perpetually. Ran "Update troubleshooter"...

Discus and support Windows 10 shows updates as "pending download" perpetually. Ran "Update troubleshooter"... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ran "Update troubleshooter" multiple times, no luck. Version is 1803. Updates are still piling up and showing as "pending download". I went and enabled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlexanderSverdlov, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Windows 10 shows updates as "pending download" perpetually. Ran "Update troubleshooter"...

Ran "Update troubleshooter" multiple times, no luck. Version is 1803. Updates are still piling up and showing as "pending download". I went and enabled downloading over metered connections - same thing.

:)

AlexanderSverdlov, Nov 18, 2018
  2. WarningU2 Win User

Windows Update Troubleshooter Always Finds Pending Update To Fix

Running Windows 10, 1703.

I had an issue applying KB4041676 (which I resolved) but during the course of fixing that I ran the Windows update troubleshooter. I have no pending updates and my system is up to date according to Windows Update checker. But the troubleshooter said I did. It fixed the issue (supposedly).

For yucks I ran the Windows Update troubleshooter again. It appears to ALWAYS find pending updates and always fixes them. I now question the validity of the troubleshooter so wondered if there is a means to verify that updates are pending ... is there a registry entry I can reference?

I have also reset Windows update components using: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/...ate-components. A lengthy process. I removed an update and ran the update checker again and it appears to be working because it found the update to be applied and reinstalled it again.

I tried again the windows update troubleshooter and guess what ... it still finds an update pending and fixes it.

So ... anyone have any ideas or seen similar behavior? Just ignore the Windows update troubleshooter since my updates are working.

WarningU2, Nov 18, 2018
  3. Win 10 Anniversary Update does not show in Windows Update

So I tried to update my HTPC, but I can't get the Anniversary Update to show up. I downloaded the Windows 10 Upgrade Advisor, and it said that my PC was ready for the update, but when I tried to do it it says I don't have enough hard drive space (it has a 32GB SSD with around 8GB free). Why on earth do I need 20GB free in order to install an update? Surely it's just like a service pack.

Red_Machine, Nov 18, 2018
  4. Deeveo Win User

Windows 10 shows updates as "pending download" perpetually. Ran "Update troubleshooter"...

Win 10 Anniversary Update does not show in Windows Update

It's quite a big download, could be that they are putting it out in chunks to even out the stress on update servers. Manual upgrade always works if you download the ISO like said above. Still got a laptop that didn't get the anniversary upgrade yet aswell. Build 1511 seems to be getting all the security updates aswell still so no hurry with it really if you don't need the new features.

Deeveo, Nov 18, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 shows updates as "pending download" perpetually. Ran "Update troubleshooter"...

1. Windows 10 shows updates as "pending download" perpetually. Ran "Update troubleshooter"... - Similar Threads - shows updates pending

2. Update stuck on pending download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update stuck on pending download: Hi, I recently switched from W7 to W10 and couldnt procced with Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Display - 27.20.1034.6 update. I guess this is why I cannot start any game through GeforceNow. I did try some command line forcestop and manual install, or delete cache to check for...
  3. Windows 11 update is pending download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 update is pending download: So I reset my computer and after it reset while setting it up it asked me if I want to update to windows 11 so I clicked yes knowing my pc is supported. But it opened up windows 10 and when I checked the update settings windows 11 was there. The issue is that it says download...
  4. Perpetual Windows 10 Update Failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Perpetual Windows 10 Update Failure: Hi all,Since December, I have been unable to update Windows 10. Updates fail with error code 0xc1900101. As I understand it, this is a driver-related issue, but I have tried every solution I have found on the net, including those from Microsoft Support. Nothing works. I have...
  5. Windows update stuck on 100%, showing pending download.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows update stuck on 100%, showing pending download.: For two days, it's showing 100% download, pending download. It has eaten up more than 1.5 GB of data still no progress. How to fix it? Is there any third party windows updater? How can I know live update status? [ATTACH] Following is the WindowsUpdate log report link:...
  6. Windows 10 1909 Updates constantly showing as pending download and never downloading/installing

Windows 10 1909 Updates constantly showing as pending download and never downloading/installing: My PC is CONSTANTLY showing updates as pending download and there is no download button to click to try to get the downloads to actually download let alone install. I have contacted Microsoft 3 times now to try to fix the problem, going through several trouble shooting fixes...
  7. Updates constantly showing as pending download and never downloading/installing

Updates constantly showing as pending download and never downloading/installing: My PC is CONSTANTLY showing updates as pending download and there is no download button to click to try to get the downloads to actually download let alone install. I have contacted Microsoft 3 times now to try to fix the problem, going through several trouble shooting fixes...
  8. Update stuck on download pending

Update stuck on download pending: I've tried everything I can find on google. Using cmd etc etc I have managed to manually install 3 updates but the 2 left dont seem to install Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Version 1.303.1584.0)\ 2019-10 Cumulative Update for...
  9. Every time I run Win. Update troubleshooter, it shows pending updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Every time I run Win. Update troubleshooter, it shows pending updates: Each time I run the troubleshooter, it says I have pending updates that needs to be downloaded and installed. After I click "apply fix," it shows 2 problems found: "service registration is missing or corrupt" and "check for pending updates," both which say "fixed" with green...
  10. Windows Update Troubleshooter Always Finds Pending Update To Fix

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Troubleshooter Always Finds Pending Update To Fix: Running Windows 10, 1703. I had an issue applying KB4041676 (which I resolved) but during the course of fixing that I ran the Windows update troubleshooter. I have no pending updates and my system is up to date according to Windows Update checker. But the troubleshooter...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 updates pending download

2. windows 10 update pending download

3. pending download windows 10 update

4. pending downloads windows 10 update,
  5. pending download windows update issue,
  6. windows 10 update still pending,
  7. windows 10 pending download,
  8. pending install on windows update,
  9. windows 10 pending downloads,
  10. windows update shows as pending download,
  11. windows update shows pending update,