Windows 10: Windows 10 shrinking windows and weird notification sounds

Discus and support Windows 10 shrinking windows and weird notification sounds in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Almost every time my computer goes to sleep, it makes random notification sounds (always the same sound though) and shrinks any open windows. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mkala2000, Feb 24, 2019.

1. mkala2000 Win User

Windows 10 shrinking windows and weird notification sounds

Almost every time my computer goes to sleep, it makes random notification sounds (always the same sound though) and shrinks any open windows. The sounds seem completely random, sometimes several every few minutes, sometimes one here or there. The sizes of the windows are random also. When I wake the computer, they are from about two thirds normal size to just a tiny bar in upper left corner of display. It seems to always move towards upper left no matter what size. I also noticed it makes the weird notification sound when I move the mouse to wake computer and it just made it when I had no open windows.

:)

mkala2000, Feb 24, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 24, 2019
  3. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 shrinking windows and weird notification sounds - Similar Threads - shrinking weird notification

2. Weird Windows 10 sound issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird Windows 10 sound issue: I posted questions elsewhere here the Settings section I think , but am getting no answers , so maybe I put them in the wrong location in the forums ... so I will try in this sectionA week ago , I went to a friends house to do a big game update on my desktop gaming PC , and...
  3. Windows 10 / No Notification Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 / No Notification Sound: I am using latest version of Windows 10 and realised that I don't get any notification sound (such as email notification, device connect, critical stop etc.). For example when a new email arrives a notification bar appears under the right side of the screen but no sound. I've...
  4. Windows 10 / No Notification Sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 / No Notification Sound: I am using latest version of Windows 10 and realised that I don't get any notification sound such as email notification, device connect, critical stop etc.. For example when a new email arrives a notification bar appears under the right side of the screen but no sound. I've...
  5. Weird Notification Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Weird Notification Sound: I keep getting this weird sound, and I'm not sure what is producing it. I am assuming it may be some sort of virus, but was wondering if anyone has heard this sound before. It happens pretty often, possibly around once every 10 minutes. [media] 169912
  6. Weird Notification Sound

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Notification Sound: I keep getting this weird sound, and I'm not sure what is producing it. I am assuming it may be some sort of virus, but was wondering if anyone has heard this sound before. It happens pretty often, possibly around once every 10 minutes. [media] 169912
  7. Weird windows defender notification

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird windows defender notification: I was compressing a folder, and a notification by Windows Defender popped up saying: "Your IT administrator requires a security scan of this item. The scan could take up to 10 seconds." I don't ever recall receiving this message in the past, and the computer I use is a home...
  8. windows 10 & notification sounds

windows 10 & notification sounds: New Windows 10 desktop intermittently makes notification sounds. Can not figure out which program or app is making the sounds. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-notification-sounds/3bc03371-9a5f-4636-abf6-94867a8761db
  9. Windows 10 Notification Sound

Windows 10 Notification Sound: For some reason, my notification sound keeps playing. I turned off the notifications for Discord (the app I'm getting notifications for), turned off notifications on my computer, and set all of my notification sounds to "none," and yet I'm still having this problem. I've...
  10. No Notification Sound in windows 10

No Notification Sound in windows 10: no notification sound at all, Device Connect, Device Disconnect, Mail, any warning from windows, that happens suddenly and my windows is Original and up to date, my Lap model is : Lenovo Y50-70 i tried to remove the driver and reinstall it many times but the problem still...