Windows 10: Windows 10 shut down dialog box stuck with "sign out" as default option

Discus and support Windows 10 shut down dialog box stuck with "sign out" as default option in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Recently, I've had two computers get stuck with the shut down dialog box with "switch user" as the default option rather than "shut down". How do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by wolindquark, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Windows 10 shut down dialog box stuck with "sign out" as default option

Recently, I've had two computers get stuck with the shut down dialog box with "switch user" as the default option rather than "shut down". How do I change this? Switch user is a pointless option for both computers as they only have one user account.

My preliminary searches have indicated that using the registry to create a DWORD with value 2 for Start_PowerButtonAction in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced *ought* to work, but it doesn't. Any further ideas?

:)

wolindquark, Jan 3, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 3, 2021
  3. Duvelle Win User
    Windows 10 no replace or skip file dialog box appearing.

When I copy a duplicate file I do not get a dialog box, just a file with the same name and copy added.

I have tried the following with no success :-

Method 1:

Try resetting the File Explorer settings to defaults and see if that helps.

1. Press Windows + E key to open File Explorer.
    2. Now click on View and click on Options.
    3. On the Folder Options window click on Restore Defaults.
    4. Now click on View tab and click on Restore Defaults.

Try copying the files with same names and see if you get the Skip or replace option window.

Method 2:

Uncheck the Folder Merge Conflicts option and see if that helps. Kindly follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Press Windows + E key to open File Explorer.
    2. Now click on View and click on Options.
    3. On the Folder Options window click on View tab.
    4. Under Advanced settings scroll down and uncheck the option Hide folder merge conflicts.
    5. Click on Apply and OK.

Duvelle, Jan 3, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 shut down dialog box stuck with "sign out" as default option

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 shut down dialog box stuck with "sign out" as default option

1. Windows 10 shut down dialog box stuck with "sign out" as default option - Similar Threads - shut down dialog

2. Windows 10 stuck at shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 stuck at shutting down: There was no update or anything. Yesterday I turned off my desktop. And today was trying to turn in back on but I see only I mean there is nothing else. There is a mouse pointer in the screen but it not reacting, but PC reacts to the mouse movement, atleast monitor wakes up....
  3. The disconnect option disappeared from the Shut Down Windows dialog menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    The disconnect option disappeared from the Shut Down Windows dialog menu: I am using a Windows based virtual machine. Previously, I used to use "Shut Down Windows" dialog menu Win+M, Alt+F4 to disconnect or perform any other action with the VM, it is extremely useful. But a week ago the 'Disconnect' option disappeared from the menu. I did not find...
  4. Sign-in dialog box closes automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign-in dialog box closes automatically: so for all Windows10 apps sometimes you need to sign in via Dialog box to sign in your details. for me though.....it closes automatically so please help me with this issue so I can sign in again and this is the same with Microsoft edge...
  5. Change default Shutdown options in Alt+F4 Dialog box in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Change default Shutdown options in Alt+F4 Dialog box in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Working with Windows 10 is getting pretty simple these days, thanks to the tricks and tweaks available. All of us have seen that with every […] This article Change default Shutdown options in Alt+F4 Dialog box in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  6. EPSON Printer Options and dialog box

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    EPSON Printer Options and dialog box: How do I get my print options pop-up back? Is it the firmware that changed? Recent MS update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/epson-printer-options-and-dialog-box/d73417a4-a20e-4bb8-81c1-105c4fda37fc
  7. Incompatible Print Option Dialog box

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Incompatible Print Option Dialog box: I am receiving an Incompatible Print Option Dialog box stating I have two conflicts, with no real details provided. I have a new Lexmark printer on TCP-IP Port 192.168.0.1 that could be part of the issue, but can't seem to get that one changed. The dialog Box says the...
  8. Windows 10 Stuck "Shutting Down"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Stuck "Shutting Down": Its been an hour, every thread about this is locked, so i thought i would make a new one for you guys to ignore and lock without a solution other than "Hold the power button for 10 seconds, try the troubleshooters and reinstall if that doesn't work". How do you guys mess up...
  9. Change Default Action of Shut Down Windows Dialog in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default Action of Shut Down Windows Dialog in Windows 10: How to: Change Default Action of Shut Down Windows Dialog in Windows 10 How to Change Default Action of Shut Down Windows Dialog in Windows 10 The Shut Down Windows dialog is what you see when you press the Alt+F4 keys without any currently open windows selected....
  10. Signed in automatically after signing out (without shutting down)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Signed in automatically after signing out (without shutting down): I have a number of standard window users without passwords. Sometimes when I use the sign-out option, the account is signed out but then automatically signs in again. Usually this only happens once but sometimes it repeats a second time. The accounts are local accounts. Any...