Windows 10: Windows 10 Shut down , even with 50% battery

Discus and support Windows 10 Shut down , even with 50% battery in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My windows 10 shuts down frequently some times due to some low battery , ti dont even gives an low battery notification. Today it shut down on 67%... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ArunPawar2, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Shut down , even with 50% battery

My windows 10 shuts down frequently

some times due to some low battery , ti dont even gives an low battery notification.

Today it shut down on 67% battery .

Pleas help..

:)

ArunPawar2, Sep 30, 2020
  2. David Haz Win User

Computer Shuts Down

Hi Austin,

If your computer shuts down unexpectedly when the battery is at 50%, it is possible that the battery is defective or that the drivers of the battery is incompatible with Windows 10 version 1709. For us to isolate the issue about shutting down when the battery
    is at 50%, kindly respond to the questions below:

• Is your computer new? Or, is it an old computer upgraded to Windows 10?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you checked if the driver for your battery is updated? If not, kindly do so.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done? This is for us to know and to avoid any duplication of efforts on your end.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Sep 30, 2020
  3. Computer Shutting Down at ~50% Battery

My laptop is unexpectedly turning off when it reaches about around 50% battery, but the actual level can be anywhere between 40% and 60%. It never turns off when plugged in. Whenever it does shut off, I have to plug it in before it turns back on. I thought maybe something was wrong with the way the laptop was reading the battery, so I updated the BIOS. Right after updating, the computer reached 20% without turning off so I thought the problem was fixed. But the next time I used it, it shut down at 40% again.

I know its not a heat issue because it happens whenever the laptop isn't plugged in. I thought maybe my laptop is reading the battery wrong but I don't know how to fix it. I've already completely reinstalled Windows.

Rohan Khajuria, Sep 30, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Shut down , even with 50% battery

Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Windows 10 Shut down , even with 50% battery pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Shut down , even with 50% battery

1. Windows 10 Shut down , even with 50% battery - Similar Threads - Shut down 50%

2. Acer Nitro 5 suddenly locks screen even plugged in / shuts down if there is no battery.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Acer Nitro 5 suddenly locks screen even plugged in / shuts down if there is no battery.: Hi My laptop Acer Nitro 5 suddenly has a problem that made me think a lot which is really the problem. - My laptop isn't going up just staying at 0% with my AC plugged in then suddenly it just warns me that my battery is running out pls plug in after that it locks my laptop...
  3. PC Shuts Down when on battery

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Shuts Down when on battery: My Win 10 Home edition PC shuts down when it is on battery. The shutdown occurs after 30 minutes which is my setting for when the PC should sleep on battery power. Everything works fine while battery power until the 30 minutes of non use has the PC go to sleep. Any advice...
  4. Win 10 Pro Battery Drainage even when Shut down

Win 10 Pro Battery Drainage even when Shut down: I have Surface pro 4 and with latest Win updates over 2109 different version up to 1903 & above started to loose battery in all power option " { Sleep, Hibernate, Shut down. }. I tried most of advertised solutions but no success. An outsider IT helper suggested to Delete...
  5. HP Laptop system shutting down at 50% without warning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP Laptop system shutting down at 50% without warning: I am having issue with my HP laptop shutting down at 50% without any given warning. I have tried a quick fix to troubleshoot the battery life by un-installing all the battery items listed on "battery" and un-installing the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Battery back and...
  6. Laptop not fully shutting down - draining the battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop not fully shutting down - draining the battery: About half the time when I shut down my laptop, everything on the screen cycles like every correct shut down and the screen goes dark, but the LED 'on' light stays on and the unit keeps running (without any sound) and eventually drains the battery. I do nothing different than...
  7. laptop shutting down before battery is low

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    laptop shutting down before battery is low: laptop shutting down before battery is low how to fix this. This happened after windows update :-( https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-shutting-down-before-battery-is-low/da7da672-6d86-4a85-9f8f-8b853dee86f4
  8. Windows keeps shutting down even though battery is full

Windows keeps shutting down even though battery is full: Hi, I have an Acer S7 with windows 10. Was working fine. But in last week, something changed, perhaps a windows update, and my laptop doesn't stay on without power plugged I'm even though the battery is full. I have since then did the usual battery reset, deleted battery...
  9. Laptop battery is on after Shutting down the laptop with windows 10.

Laptop battery is on after Shutting down the laptop with windows 10.: Every day I observed after opening my Dell Inspiron laptop after one day no battery backup on my laptop. But laptop battery charge was full when I shut downed the laptop. I want to proper shut down. What will setup? Pls. let me know. Thanks, Qamrul Huda...
  10. Shut down computer when on battery

in Windows 10 Support
    Shut down computer when on battery: Hello, I need to be able to shut down my ASUS R517S laptop whenever it is running on battery (which is internal and cannot be removed easily). OS: Windows 10 Home. Why? Working in a offshore environment with a...