Windows 10: Windows 10 - Shut down problems

Discus and support Windows 10 - Shut down problems in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Just checking if this is a common problem and if so, how to fix it. Running Windows 10 (64 bit) on HP Pavilion 580-091a (Intel Core i7 8700, 8GB RAM,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by arlowood65, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Windows 10 - Shut down problems

Just checking if this is a common problem and if so, how to fix it. Running Windows 10 (64 bit) on HP Pavilion 580-091a (Intel Core i7 8700, 8GB RAM, 1TB hard disc, NVIDIA GeForce 1060 graphics card)

In the last week or so I have experienced several occasions when Windows 10 failed to shut down when the normal sequence was adopted. eg Click on Windows Icon (bottom left of screen) - select "Power" - click on "Shut down"

On 2 or 3 occasion following those steps has just resulted in the PC "thinking about it" then the start up/ sign in screen re-appears. This repeats itself a couple of times then eventually the software does respond and the system shuts down in the normal way. I have resisted doing a hard shut down by turning off the PC

Windows updates all appear to be installed successfully.

Any suggestions as to the cause and a possible fix??

:)

arlowood65, Jun 12, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 - Shut down problems

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - Shut down problems

1. Windows 10 - Shut down problems - Similar Threads - Shut down problems

2. SHUT DOWN PROBLEMS

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SHUT DOWN PROBLEMS: I HAVE SHUT DOWN PROBLEMS WITH WINDOWS 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-problems/94cd9434-1e07-4c6f-91a9-e967a0bf93ed
  3. shut down problem

shut down problem: after installing wndows 10 on dell ,my laptop goes shut down when i touch down side of laptop but when itis in charging mode it doesn't shut down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-problem/a35083af-1553-47ea-bd39-c4701aa9fb3a
  4. Shut Down Problem

Shut Down Problem: All Right Recently install win 10, updated so far everything was great. Then after last update when I shut down the laptop HP Pavilion it is not getting shut down, screen is gettin off however the hard is still on can hear the nois also power bottom is on. so have to press...
  5. windows shut down problem

windows shut down problem: When I shut down the windows 10, it re-boots itself. why and how to repair it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-shut-down-problem/1b9c754d-59aa-43ff-9749-c841d8efdb11
  6. Problem with shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with shutting down: My ancient computer doesn’t want to shut itself down completely. I’ve had it for many years and it worked without any problems but currently it revealed this issue. When I try to shut it down, it closes the programms but never shuts off. So I have to press power button for a...
  7. Shut down problems Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shut down problems Windows 10: I am using windows 10 on my HP laptop. I am having a couple issues with this. The first and most important issue is when I shut down my computer to turn it off, the PC seems to do all things properly shutting down but after the process is done and my PC screen is black, my...
  8. windows 10 problem in shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 problem in shutting down: Hi. I am using windows 10 and my laptop name is dell inspiron 15 3000 series 3542 and 4GB RAM and 1TB HARD DISK.My laptop is not shutting down properly.It doesn't shut down and CD rom is still working and fan is also working and is getting heat. main thing is my laptop is...
  9. Shut down problems Window 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Shut down problems Window 10: Coincidently I began having issues after the last windows update. I started having problems shutting down my laptop. It would seem to shut down but the power would not go off--as if it were in the sleep mode. I would have to push the power down button. No error message would...
  10. Windows 10 shut down problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 shut down problem: Upgraded desk top (self-build) from Windows 7 HP 64 bit to Windows 10 Home 64 bit using the Windows Update method. All went well exceptthat when I press Start button > Power > Shut down the pc shuts down andthen immediately it restarts again as if I had pressed on Restart...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after several failed efforts install windows update 1903 my desktop pc instead of shut down it restarts how to fix it