Windows 10: Windows 10 Shut down sound randomly plays while i'm using my PC.

Discus and support Windows 10 Shut down sound randomly plays while i'm using my PC. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Whenever i use my pc the windows shut down sound will occasionally play for no reason. I could be playing a game, watching yt, or doing whatever else... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Pkgor, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Pkgor Win User

Windows 10 Shut down sound randomly plays while i'm using my PC.

Whenever i use my pc the windows shut down sound will occasionally play for no reason. I could be playing a game, watching yt, or doing whatever else and the shut down sound will just happen every 15-30 mins, sometimes even quicker. I tried disabling all windows sounds but it still plays. Nothing seems to stop it and i don't know how to fix it.

:)

Pkgor, Apr 22, 2020

2. Laptop randomly shuts down after latest Windows 10 update

Since the latest update of Windows 10 my computer decides to randomly shut down after every couple of minutes. First the screen goes black, then the sounds stops and after quite a while the power also goes down.

Obviously I though of cleaning the fan with a big vacuum, as suggested on My Windows 10 Computer Randomly Shuts Down . However, after doing this, the shutting down goes even quicker. I cannot even properly log-on before the shutdown takes place.

What should be my next step?

Ps. The computer is quited aged (roughly 3 - 4 years). The battery is dead enough such that I always need to have it plugged in an outlet. It might just be "done for" but I'm hoping to revive it for just a little bit more.

Robin Kramer, Apr 22, 2020
  3. My PC Randomly Shut's Down On Windows XP Proffesional When Playing Games For 20+ Mins

My PC randomly shuts down on Windows XP Proffesional when playing games for more than 20+ minutes, But when I tried installing Windows XP Home Edition the games work perfectly for over hours... Why is this? Im using my original Windows XP Proffesional CD and serial key, and I'm running games like Crysis and G.R.I.D on high settings (not ultra). And all temps are around 40-50 degrees load, what is causing my PC to randomly shut down?

TricksterMatt, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Shut down sound randomly plays while i'm using my PC.

No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Shut down sound randomly plays while i'm using my PC.

1. Windows 10 Shut down sound randomly plays while i'm using my PC. - Similar Threads - Shut down sound

2. My pc shuts down or go to sleep while I'm playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc shuts down or go to sleep while I'm playing: Hi everyone, I recently built a new PC, but every time I try a new game, it shuts down. I played Resident Evil 2, and at first, it was fine, but after 3 hours of gameplay, it started to shut down. Eventually, it stabilized, and I was able to finish the game. The same thing...
  3. My pc shuts down or go to sleep while I'm playing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc shuts down or go to sleep while I'm playing: Hi everyone, I recently built a new PC, but every time I try a new game, it shuts down. I played Resident Evil 2, and at first, it was fine, but after 3 hours of gameplay, it started to shut down. Eventually, it stabilized, and I was able to finish the game. The same thing...
  4. I'm Getting BSOD While Shutting Down My PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm Getting BSOD While Shutting Down My PC: Hi. I'm getting BSOD while shutting down my pc after using it for 3-4 hours. It just says shutting down for 2-3 minutes and gives BSOD. When I try to shutdown after 10-20 minutes of usage it shutdowns with no problem. I'm on Windows 11. I'm linking my minidump files below....
  5. I'm Getting BSOD While Shutting Down My PC

I'm Getting BSOD While Shutting Down My PC: Hi. I'm getting BSOD while shutting down my pc after using it for 3-4 hours. It just says shutting down for 2-3 minutes and gives BSOD. When I try to shutdown after 10-20 minutes of usage it shutdowns with no problem. I'm on Windows 11. I'm linking my minidump files below....
  6. PC Shutting down while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Shutting down while playing games: My PC will randomly start shutting down when I'm playing most games Rocket League, Rust, Payday3, Cult of the Lamb. I tried troubleshooting with EventViewer to see any problems but the only reports I get are DistributedCOM events which seemingly don't mean anything. I'm...
  7. PC Shutting down while playing games

PC Shutting down while playing games: My PC will randomly start shutting down when I'm playing most games Rocket League, Rust, Payday3, Cult of the Lamb. I tried troubleshooting with EventViewer to see any problems but the only reports I get are DistributedCOM events which seemingly don't mean anything. I'm...
  8. PC randomly shuts down while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly shuts down while playing games: I got a brand new HP Omen 30L 3 months ago, and I've loved it except for an extremely annoying issue - after 5-10 minutes of running a game the display and keyboard will just shut off, but the fans will stay on. I'm pretty sure it is a problem with either the GPU or the power...
  9. PC randomly shuts down while playing games

PC randomly shuts down while playing games: I got a brand new HP Omen 30L 3 months ago, and I've loved it except for an extremely annoying issue - after 5-10 minutes of running a game the display and keyboard will just shut off, but the fans will stay on. I'm pretty sure it is a problem with either the GPU or the power...
  10. Random BSOD while shutting down the PC

Random BSOD while shutting down the PC: hey, i have this problem like 2-3 months i try many solutions from internet but makes no sense.... this blue screens are random, sometimes 1 times in a week sometimes 2 times on a day ..... DMP file........

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what are the chimes going off on my computer