Windows 10: windows 10 shutdown from start menu not working

Discus and support windows 10 shutdown from start menu not working in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; The shutdown option from the start menu is just straight up not working. Once pressed, it takes a solid 5 minutes for the actual "Shuting down" screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by StupidUser57, Jan 18, 2020.

1. windows 10 shutdown from start menu not working

The shutdown option from the start menu is just straight up not working. Once pressed, it takes a solid 5 minutes for the actual "Shuting down" screen to appear. I've done every conceivable troubleshooting measure possible: chkdsk, sfc/scannow, new RAM, new hard drive, new graphics card. The only thing that fixes it is a windows reinstall. That ain't happening, it takes far too long to reinstall all my apps again. I'm not reseting windows either and while I haven't tried a refresh, I doubt it will help. This just started happening spontaneously as well, I turned on my computer today after it being fine yesterday and this just started. The last thing I Installed was DOOM from Steam 3 days ago. This happened on a previous install too, my only workaround was to create an elevated shortcut to "shutdown /s /f /t 000" and that worked, but that's unacceptable and I want to be able to shutdown from the system start menu. This windows install is 3 weeks old too. Please, help me. System specs: AMD Ryzen 1500x overclocked to 4ghz, but that doesn't matter since I returned default speeds and it still was there, 24gb corsair vengeance lpx ram 2400mhz, rx 580 gfx card, 450m corsair psu, 1tb samsung evo 970. Again, Practically brand new windows install. Shouldn't be happening.

:)

StupidUser57, Jan 18, 2020
  2. scevism Win User
    scevism, Jan 18, 2020
  3. Jetster Win User
    Jetster, Jan 18, 2020
  4. windows 10 shutdown from start menu not working

Start menu is not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Iunderstand the frustration if things are not working fine as expected.

Please help us with below details,

• When you say "If I sign in under my user name I am in some earlier version", which version you are referring to?

• Did you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• When you say “I cannot access the start menu and am limited to IP as a browser” Is it refers to Microsoft Edge?

As an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the Windows version. To do so, follow the below steps:

1) Login to your computer through user name on which it show earlier version of Windows.

2) Press Windows key + r.

3) Type winver, hit enter.

For the issue related to start menu, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article and check,

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 shutdown from start menu not working

1. windows 10 shutdown from start menu not working - Similar Threads - shutdown start menu

2. Shutdown from the start menu perform a reset on the laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown from the start menu perform a reset on the laptop: Hi I don't know how this problem appear, because I didn't install anything, I didn't update the windows 10 but it has the last updates, I didn't plug any external storage, also I have Kaspersky. When I shutdown from the start menu and from other ways like alt+f4, the laptop...
  3. Shutdown from the start menu perform a reset on the laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutdown from the start menu perform a reset on the laptop: Hi I don't know how this problem appear, because I didn't install anything, I didn't update the windows 10 but it has the last updates, I didn't plug any external storage, also I have Kaspersky. When I shutdown from the start menu and from other ways like alt+f4, the laptop...
  4. Shutdown from the start menu perform a reset on the laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Shutdown In the start menu does't work

Shutdown In the start menu does't work: Dear communityI have recently met with a newest Problemwhen i press shutdown over hereThe PC rather sign out and then signs me inBut shutdown by cmd worksPlease helpThank you in advance...
  6. Shutdown from the start menu is slower

Shutdown from the start menu is slower: Recently there was an update which now forces the power button in the start menu to create an animation before allowing you to choose between "Sleep", "Shutdown", "Restart". This slows down the shutdown process by a second - not much but very annoying. Before it was:...
  7. KB4503294 unable to shutdown from start menu

KB4503294 unable to shutdown from start menu: KB4503294 install for Windows 10 version 14393.3053 has lost the options for Sleep, Shutdown, Restart, when clicking start and the power icon. Can still shutdown by right clicking on start or by using ctrl-alt-del....
  8. Shutdown from start menu now restarting

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown from start menu now restarting: System is Windows 10 Pro x64, version 1607 build 14393.321. Ever since the latest cumulative update to this build, I find that about half the time that I select Shutdown from the start menu, I actually get a reboot instead. If I use the command line shutdown.exe -s instead,...
  9. Windows Will Not Sleep or Shutdown from Start Menu

Windows Will Not Sleep or Shutdown from Start Menu: Hello! I can't get my PC to go to Sleep, or Shutdown using any of the typically proper methods. When I try to shutdown the PC it starts to shutdown, screen goes black and then wakes back up to the login screen. I have gone through and disabled all of the devices that might...
  10. Windows 10 start menu not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 start menu not working: my start button on windows 10 does not do anything and the edge icon is missing from taskbar. I have tried sfc / scanner in powershell and nothing different, please help. 29480

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Start Menu shutdown not working