Windows 10: windows 10 shutdown instead of sleep

Discus and support windows 10 shutdown instead of sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi i just updated my windows to windows 10 pro v.1909 build 18363.836 and now my asus laptop refuses to sleep and shut down instead i have checked my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pinklotus, May 18, 2020.

1. pinklotus Win User

windows 10 shutdown instead of sleep

hi
    i just updated my windows to windows 10 pro v.1909 build 18363.836
    and now my asus laptop refuses to sleep and shut down instead
    i have checked my power settings...tried troubleshooting..checked my bios settings
    nothing works
    please help me

:)

pinklotus, May 18, 2020

2. PC won't shutdown, sleeps instead

I am using Windows 10 in an ASUS whenever I shutdown my PC, it goes to sleep mode instead.

MohitKumarDeol, May 18, 2020
  3. heimdal Win User
    Sleep instead of Shutdown

I have a desktop computer running Windows 10. It has been working with no problems.

Recently it stopped shutting down. When shutdown is selected, it appears to shutdown, the monitor reports the video signal is lost and the lights go off on the PC.

However it you touch the keyboard it start back up again and goes straight into the desktop.

I have checked the configuration and the sleep is disabled and the power button appears to be configured correctly.

It doesn't appear to relate to any processing still running.

Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

heimdal, May 18, 2020
  4. windows 10 shutdown instead of sleep

Windows 10 laptop cannot sleep, restart instead.

Hi,

My system restart instead of sleep, can anyone support for this problem?

Regards,

Syed Muhammad Faraz_86, May 18, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 shutdown instead of sleep

1. windows 10 shutdown instead of sleep - Similar Threads - shutdown instead sleep

2. Windows 10 hibernates instead of sleeping

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 hibernates instead of sleeping: I have checked the advanced power options, and everything says that closing the lid and pressing power sleeps the laptop. But it hibernates instead. It doesn’t allow you to sleep it in the Start menu options either. This started happening after my laptop’s battery died. (it...
  3. Laptop restarts instead of shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop restarts instead of shutdown: This issue started back a long time ago maybe 5-6 months after I installed a windows update. Then whenever I shutdown my laptop it gets restarted. I did a search to find a solution but it didn't worked for me. Sol-Disabling the fast startup option I have reported...
  4. Sleep and Shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep and Shutdown: This problem is really ridiculous. There are 3 pc's in the house and the main oneMINE has the problem.I have tried everything in all the previous folks that have the same problem to no sleep or shutdown. I have been just turning off monitors so they aren't damaged,if that...
  5. New update causes Windows to shutdown instead of sleep or hibernate

New update causes Windows to shutdown instead of sleep or hibernate: After the most recent updates the past two weeks, when ever I put my computer to sleep or hibernate, my laptop fully shuts down. It closes all applications. It takes the normal turn on time rather than the expedited wake up from sleep mode. Not sure if there is a fix or if a...
  6. Unable to shutdown/sleep/hibernate (windows 10)

Unable to shutdown/sleep/hibernate (windows 10): I have new HP Spectre x360 and from begining I am not able to shut it down or sleep or hibernate. It shut down and after 3-4 seconds boots backup again. I have already spent 3 days with solving it and i tried everything what i found on internet. I tried: - intel management...
  7. Monitor will not sleep on shutdown

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor will not sleep on shutdown: Hi, I just changed from DVI to HDMI and now when I shutdown my computer my monitor will not enter sleep mode, and will display 'Cable Not Connected' as shown in the image attached. Any help would be appreciated, thanks. [img] 36724
  8. Shutdown/Sleep Issue.

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown/Sleep Issue.: Hi all, wondering if anyone can offer any thoughts or advice. i'm running W10 from a W7 upgrade, and it's been pretty good so far. last night though i had an issue that occurred once before a month or so back. basically, i went to shut down, and instead of the usual blue...
  9. Laptop doesn't wake from sleep (boots from shutdown instead of waking)

Laptop doesn't wake from sleep (boots from shutdown instead of waking): When I put my laptop to sleep and then attempt to wake it up, it will power on (going through the boot up screens) instead of just waking up, thus causing me to lose any information open on the computer. I have tried a few things to try to wake it up to no avail: sfc...
  10. Sleep instead of Shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep instead of Shutdown: I have a desktop computer running Windows 10. It has been working with no problems. Recently it stopped shutting down. When shutdown is selected, it appears to shutdown, the monitor reports the video signal is lost and the lights go off on the PC. However it you touch...