Windows 10: Windows 10 shutdown issue

Discus and support Windows 10 shutdown issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Pretty much every Windows 10 owner/user had/have/are having are experiencing the Shutdown issue in which the computer is still running even after the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ShahidHassan2, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Windows 10 shutdown issue

Pretty much every Windows 10 owner/user had/have/are having are experiencing the Shutdown issue in which the computer is still running even after the screen goes blank the lights on the machine still runs. Windows 10 users resort to restarting the computer and then at the login screen they/we/I navigate to the power icon and then choose shutdown. Yesterday morning I downloaded Windows 10 to it's latest version - 20H2. I use the computer for an hour or so or any length of time, restart then shutdown. But now, with the latest version, I restart then choose shutdown after the system boots up at the login screen. when I do that I first see the dots going around in a circle, THEN I SEE THE PASSWORD BOX I did not even press anything on the keyboard and/or mouse, and then I see the dots going around in a circle again. Am I the only one experiencing this issue? Can this issue be fixed?

:)

ShahidHassan2, Jan 13, 2021
  2. little cat, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 shutdown issue

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 shutdown issue

1. Windows 10 shutdown issue - Similar Threads - shutdown issue

2. System Shutdown Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Shutdown Issues: So I've had and issue lately for about 1 year now. I cant seem to troubleshoot or narrow down where the issue is at. The issue will come an go at times where it will be fine for a few days or a week before returning. Below i will post all my computer says. Windows...
  3. Start/Task Bar Issues with Shutdown/Restart, Restart, Task Bar and Short Cut Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start/Task Bar Issues with Shutdown/Restart, Restart, Task Bar and Short Cut Icons: I'll try to make this as short as possible and properly describe my issue. 1. When I shut down my HP desktop and restart, all shortcut icons and task bar icons show up and everything works EXCEPT Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. If I open either of them from that task...
  4. Windows 10 shutdown issue

Windows 10 shutdown issue: Ever since I had purchased my first windows 10 desktop 2015 - factory built, I have been experiencing an issue that many, many other Windows 10 users were/are experiencing - the "shutdown" bug. In which after using the desktop/laptop for 2 hours or so or any length of time,...
  5. Issues with drive, that accumulate in to me having to force shutdown my pc everytime.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issues with drive, that accumulate in to me having to force shutdown my pc everytime.: First of all hello, i am writing here with the hopes of receiving help as my drive is having issues, I will try to be as detailed as possible here: One day I shutdown my PC with the generic "shutdown" button, but then my PC keeps on running with a black screen, the keyboard...
  6. Windows 10 on Asus K55VM: Shutdown / Restart / Sleep issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 on Asus K55VM: Shutdown / Restart / Sleep issue: Hi, I installed Windows 10 (20H2) on my Asus K55VM laptop, but got into a Shutdown / Restart / Sleep related issue. Namely on Shutdown / Restart / Sleep the laptop does NOT completely powers off, but gets stuck with the screen off but power light still on. To get over this...
  7. Random Freezing and Shutdown issue.

Random Freezing and Shutdown issue.: I have this issue for more than a year now. My laptop would freeze randomly ever since I did an update from Windows 1903 to 1909. Not a single update released has fixed this issue for me. I can go a few days just fine. Four days max. And then the issue will come. Sometimes...
  8. Win 10 - power issues in shutdown and hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 - power issues in shutdown and hibernate: Hello community My laptop has been having below described issues for over 6 months. I have uploaded the system data. Kindly refer and assist to resolve the issue. What happens: Below are the issues experienced, though randomly but occurs frequently. Sleep - unable to...
  9. Windows 10 shutdown/restart issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 shutdown/restart issue: Since last week, my windows is not able to shutdown/restart/hibernate or sleep. Every time I select any of these options, the screen goes black and nothing happens. The keyboard still reacts.I updated to the Windows 10 version 1004 yesterday, still no change. I have also...
  10. Shutdown Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown Issue: Hi folks, Recently (last 7 days approximately) my Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) installation has suddenly started hanging during shutdown. I close all windows, click on 'Shut Down', the process starts OK then hangs at some point. Given that W10 is running off a SSD, shut-down...