Windows 10: Windows 10 Shutdown Problem

Discus and support Windows 10 Shutdown Problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have ASUS X455LD Laptop with Intel Corei3 2Gb ram Since I Installed windows 10 my laptop wont shutdown properly (fan still spinning and the led on)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dawnpeace, Feb 16, 2016.

1. dawnpeace Win User

Windows 10 Shutdown Problem

I have ASUS X455LD Laptop with Intel Corei3 2Gb ram
    Since I Installed windows 10 my laptop wont shutdown properly (fan still spinning and the led on) and when i start my laptop the loading screen turns off the screen once then turns on the screen again but still load and i can move my cursor
    i already turned off the fast startup
    sometimes it seems my laptop can shutdown properly if i dont turn my laptop on for a long time (idk for sure)
    anyone knows how to fix this?
    Thank you

sorry bad english

:)

dawnpeace, Feb 16, 2016

2. Windows 10 can't shutdown because of task host manager

I have upgraded my Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 recently. But, there's a problem occurred which is the shutdown problem. When I want to shutdown the laptop, in the shutdown page will prompt me that the task host manager is running. It will go back to the Desktop
    after few minutes ago or won't shutdown unless I click the "Shutdown Anyway".

Will this bring a big problem to my computer and is there any solution that could solve this?

Marcus Wong95, Feb 16, 2016
  3. hadesaher Win User
    problem with shutdown computer with windows10

shutdown computer have problem with windows 10 i test Ubuntu 14.4 LTS and he shutdown in my dell 3542

hadesaher, Feb 16, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello and welcome *Smile

How did you install W10? Was it an upgrade from W8.1 or from W7 or did you make a clean install?

Phil

philc43, Feb 16, 2016
  5. dawnpeace Win User
    it's a clean install via usb i once had win 8.1 installed in my laptop

dawnpeace, Feb 16, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    You did the best installation method so it is odd you have run into problems. Did you follow up the installation by installing W10 drivers from the ASUS website for your model? This maybe what you need to do to solve the problem.

philc43, Feb 16, 2016
  7. dawnpeace Win User
    I have, even i have updated it direct from device manager

dawnpeace, Feb 16, 2016
  8. Kari Win User

I don't know if this is an Asus issue but I have the same issue on Asus R752 laptop. Shutdown leaves the fan and power led on, selecting Restart shuts down the laptop instead of restarting. Only way to restart is to select Restart which shuts down the laptop, then turn the power on again.

This behavior has been with all Windows 10 preview builds the same.

9. philc43 Win User
    You have done all the right things! I looked on the ASUS website and I can see that the most recent BIOS is BIOS 205. If you have not tried this it might be worth updating the BIOS.

Having said that I see Kari has indicated this may be an ASUS issue and you may have to live with it for a while until ASUS release some new drivers.

philc43, Feb 16, 2016
  10. dawnpeace Win User
    I have updated my bios + disabled my intel management interface
    the shutdown problem seems solved but the loading screen problem still unsolved

dawnpeace, Feb 17, 2016
  11. philc43 Win User
    That is good news. The loading screen may not be a problem, my screen also goes blank a couple of times during the boot process. How long does it take to boot, less than 30s?

philc43, Feb 17, 2016
  12. Kari Win User
    Thanks for the tip, I have to try this on my Asus.

13. philc43 Win User

Regarding the Intel Management Engine Interface I found that the ASUS provided driver was a problem but once I deleted it and used the W10 driver that automatically installed I had no problems. I did not need to disable it.

philc43, Feb 17, 2016
  14. dawnpeace Win User
    I think it's around a minute or so but it's just strange that i can move my cursor during loading screen and also the shortcut on desktop are quite slow to be shown is it normal?

dawnpeace, Feb 17, 2016
  15. dawnpeace Win User
    Sure thing

dawnpeace, Feb 17, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Shutdown Problem - Similar Threads - Shutdown Problem

2. Shutdown problem on the newest update on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutdown problem on the newest update on windows 11: In the newest update of Windows 11, I have a problem with shutdown. Every single time that I click on the shutdown button, it first restarts my laptop, and shutdown after that. Can someone give me a solution to fix that?...
  3. Shutdown problem on the newest update on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutdown problem on the newest update on windows 11: In the newest update of Windows 11, I have a problem with shutdown. Every single time that I click on the shutdown button, it first restarts my laptop, and shutdown after that. Can someone give me a solution to fix that?...
  4. Some problems with shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some problems with shutdown: What is the meaning of...
  5. Some problems with shutdown

Some problems with shutdown: What is the meaning of...
  6. Auto-Shutdown and Screen Blackout problem on HP ProBook 440 G8 Notebook PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto-Shutdown and Screen Blackout problem on HP ProBook 440 G8 Notebook PC.: Hi, I am facing Auto-Shutdown and Screen Blackout problem on HP ProBook 440 G8 Notebook PC. When I checked in the Event Viewer Application Logs, I think that the below error might have caused this issue " Volume Shadow Copy Service information: The COM Server with CLSID...
  7. Auto-Shutdown and Screen Blackout problem on HP ProBook 440 G8 Notebook PC.

Auto-Shutdown and Screen Blackout problem on HP ProBook 440 G8 Notebook PC.: Hi, I am facing Auto-Shutdown and Screen Blackout problem on HP ProBook 440 G8 Notebook PC. When I checked in the Event Viewer Application Logs, I think that the below error might have caused this issue " Volume Shadow Copy Service information: The COM Server with CLSID...
  8. Shutdown Problem with Dell Latitude E7270 Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutdown Problem with Dell Latitude E7270 Laptop: I have a Dell Latitude E7270 Laptop I got from a guy. The hardware is like new. Shortly after starting to use, it, it started the shutdown sequence randomly. I might get one minute or 10. I restored BIOS to factory settings several times. I reset Windows 11 once and...
  9. Shutdown Problem with Dell Latitude E7270 Laptop

Shutdown Problem with Dell Latitude E7270 Laptop: I have a Dell Latitude E7270 Laptop I got from a guy. The hardware is like new. Shortly after starting to use, it, it started the shutdown sequence randomly. I might get one minute or 10. I restored BIOS to factory settings several times. I reset Windows 11 once and...
  10. I am facing problem with my windows 10. After shutdown when i login again i found below...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am facing problem with my windows 10. After shutdown when i login again i found below...: Dear concern. I am facing problem with my windows 10. After shutdown when i login again i found below problem* My all data deleted from my desktop. * All information remove from my browser. * My all install apps become uninstall. I am seeking help urgently. Thanks &Sourabh...