Windows 10: Windows 10 shutdown process requires specific steps

Discus and support Windows 10 shutdown process requires specific steps in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My History: I had Win 8.1 and Debian as a dual boot system. After I formatted, I used only Win 8.1 as a single OS. After a short time, I installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FarukÜNAL, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Windows 10 shutdown process requires specific steps

My History:

I had Win 8.1 and Debian as a dual boot system. After I formatted, I used only Win 8.1 as a single OS. After a short time, I installed dual boot system again but after 2-3 days(after some updates in Windows), my PC couldn't shut down when I pressed Shutdown in Windows.

Problem:

Now, I installed Win 10 as a single OS, but the problem still occurs. The screen is getting black, power led is getting blue and cooler starts to work faster.

To turn off, I found a solution, when I enter "Advanced startup settings" and click "Turn Off", there is no problem. Also, when the system was dual boot, I could shut down in Debian.

I think it's about updates. I could use clean OS during 2-3 days but after some updates, the problem is observed.

:)

FarukÜNAL, Oct 5, 2018
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 5, 2018
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Oct 5, 2018
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 shutdown process requires specific steps

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 shutdown process requires specific steps

1. Windows 10 shutdown process requires specific steps - Similar Threads - shutdown process requires

2. Prohibit shutdown if specific processes are running

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Prohibit shutdown if specific processes are running: Is there any standard windows function that will stop the user from shutting down/restating the computer from the start menu and/oroverriding the shutdown anyway prompt....
  3. Prohibit shutdown if specific processes are running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prohibit shutdown if specific processes are running: Is there any standard windows function that will stop the user from shutting down/restating the computer from the start menu and/oroverriding the shutdown anyway prompt....
  4. Prohibit shutdown if specific processes are running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Two-Step Verification Process

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Two-Step Verification Process: I changed my phone number and I can't add my current number without verifying my identity with the old one. I don't have access to my previous phone number. what can I do? Microsoft associates won't receive my phone call as this is a 'password' problem that can be solved...
  6. Two-Step Verification Process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two-Step Verification Process: I changed my phone number and I can't add my current number without verifying my identity with the old one. I don't have access to my previous phone number. what can I do? Microsoft associates won't receive my phone call as this is a 'password' problem that can be solved...
  7. Two-Step Verification Process

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Required Step-by-Step guide to configure Wake on WLan.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Required Step-by-Step guide to configure Wake on WLan.: Hi, I have been attempting to configure WoWLAN for my Dell Optiplex 3030 machine. Please note that, physical location of the machine disables me to keep the machine connected over LAN No RJ45 network available. Therefore, the only option available is Wake on WLAN. I have...
  9. What is the proper step-by-step process of turning your Pirated Windows 10 into a Genuine...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What is the proper step-by-step process of turning your Pirated Windows 10 into a Genuine...: My parents' PC has a pirated copy Windows 10, which was most likely activated through cracking. For Christmas, I told my parents that I would get them a Genuine Windows 10. I just need to know the proper and precise step-by-step process on how to do this. Do I just need to...
  10. Windows 10 shutdown process requires specific steps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 shutdown process requires specific steps: My History: I had Win 8.1 and Debian as a dual boot system. After I formatted, I used only Win 8.1 as a single OS. After a short time, I installed dual boot system again but after 2-3 days(after some updates in Windows), my PC couldn't shut down when I pressed Shutdown in...