Windows 10: Windows 10 Shutdown + Restart Button + shutdown.exe dosent work

Discus and support Windows 10 Shutdown + Restart Button + shutdown.exe dosent work in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good Morning Microsoft Community, I've a strange Issue with Microsoft Windows 10 since a couple of Weeks which I can't reliably reproduce. On Some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WalterBuehner, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Shutdown + Restart Button + shutdown.exe dosent work

Good Morning Microsoft Community,

I've a strange Issue with Microsoft Windows 10 since a couple of Weeks which I can't reliably reproduce. On Some Days I would say average 5 out of 7 Weeks days I can't Shut down my Machine correctly. The Shutdown and Restart Button does not work, Energy Saving Mode does work Partially. When I click Energy Saving the PC tries to go down but does not go into the Energy Saving Mode and I can't wake up the Machine afterwards.

I can't force the Shutdown as well, tried it with an Elevated PowerShell and an Elevated CMD with the respective Commands for a forced Shutdown did not use the BSOD Variant from PowerShell, but that only seems to start the Process but does not go further, no Error Message etc.

The Event log Overview and the reliability monitoring of Windows are both without any Issues, apart from Event that I Hard killed my Machine with the Power switch, that would explain the Situation. The System version is 20H2 Build 19042.630.

I suspect some issue with my User Account, however I don't know a Way to Diagnose a User Account via PowerShell or CMD. What I noticed is that in my Windows Version Screen it says that this Product is licensed for "Username Company name", not my Actual Username, which seems to confirm my thought about a User Account Issue since I use a Prebuild Acer System with a 100% Legit Windows 10 Copy and an Upgraded Old Windows 7 to Windows 10 License from Back in the Day should be Digital tied to my Microsoft Account as well.

Anyone has a Idea how to fix this Issue?, since I want to prevent Data loss and or System Damage from Cutting the Power to my System

:)

WalterBuehner, Nov 20, 2020
  2. Drone Win User

[Solved] Windows 10 and the shutdown button

Duh, you're right.

r - restart
    s - shutdown

full shutdown command is:

shutdown /s /t 0

Drone, Nov 20, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User

Nope, no such option and the closest is this.

Windows 10 Shutdown + Restart Button + shutdown.exe dosent work pwrop.jpg

But i don't or should not have to enter that every time i want to shutdown .

AsRock, Nov 20, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Shutdown + Restart Button + shutdown.exe dosent work

Well i always use the shutdown button and apparently Win10 Pro don't actually shutdown unless you turn off hibernation, well i don't want to do that, i just want the shutdown do just what it should shutdown and hibernation to to do just that lol.

So anyone know the reg key or if there is some thing in the administrative tools that makes shutdown mean just that ?.

What i have noticed is when your on a upgrade from win7 some times it shutdown and some time's it hibernated how ever this is not the case with a fresh install of Win10.

I believe this is a option that spawned in with Win8 and has carried over to win 10.

Windows 10 Shutdown + Restart Button + shutdown.exe dosent work uptime.jpg

AsRock, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Shutdown + Restart Button + shutdown.exe dosent work

1. Windows 10 Shutdown + Restart Button + shutdown.exe dosent work - Similar Threads - Shutdown Restart Button

2. Restart or Shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart or Shutdown: I have a set of laptops which are shared with the entire school. The same laptop is being used by 4 different users. Is it better for each user to logout from their account then shut down or logout then restart?...
  3. Restart and Shutdown No Longer Work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart and Shutdown No Longer Work: When I click on Start > Power > Restart, my PC starts to shut down but gets stuck with a spinning circle on a blue screen. Clicking on Start > Power > Shut down gets stuck the same way. If I type the command "Shutdown /s /f /t 0" the PC will shut down. In Regedit I enabled...
  4. Restart and Shutdown No Longer Work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restart and Shutdown No Longer Work: When I click on Start > Power > Restart, my PC starts to shut down but gets stuck with a spinning circle on a blue screen. Clicking on Start > Power > Shut down gets stuck the same way. If I type the command "Shutdown /s /f /t 0" the PC will shut down. In Regedit I enabled...
  5. Restart and Shutdown No Longer Work

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Restart causes shutdown & shutdown causes restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restart causes shutdown & shutdown causes restart: Event log shows windows update causing a restart: The process C:\Windows\System32\usocoreworker.exe MILESTONE-JB has initiated the restart of computer MILESTONE-JB on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: Operating System: Service pack Planned Reason...
  7. The Shutdown button in Start not working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The Shutdown button in Start not working: Hi, I am a Windows 10 user. I have a trouble shutting down my computer. When I choose Shutdown, then the tittle "Shutting down" appear on the screen, and the screen becomes dark. But it not complete shutdown . The light on the keyboard, touchpad, ... still on. After 15~20s,...
  8. Shutdown Button Delay & Long Shutdowns

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown Button Delay & Long Shutdowns: Hello, I've been researching this issue I'm experiencing but I haven't come across anything that has helped. Issue: Click on the start menu > Power > Shutdown. Computer does not immediately shut down. I can continue to do tasks for about 30seconds. The computer...
  9. Restart loop, shutdown works

in Windows 10 Support
    Restart loop, shutdown works: Hi folks, this problem just started a few days ago. I can't be 100% sure when the cause happened because I rarely reboot my PC. I rebooted it a few days ago and as Windows was to load, the rotating dots came up as usual but seemed to take a really long time. It finally...
  10. Problems with the Restart and Shutdown Buttons

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with the Restart and Shutdown Buttons: Good morning everyone, I have an Hp running Win10 Pro. When I want to shutdown or restart, The buttons don't seem to work. I end up doing a "hard" shutdown. Has anyone experienced that and if you have, how do you fix it? Thank you in advance for any help I receive on this....