Windows 10: Windows 10 shutdown/restart issue

Discus and support Windows 10 shutdown/restart issue in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Since last week, my windows is not able to shutdown/restart/hibernate or sleep. Every time I select any of these options, the screen goes black and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ArpitPrakash1, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Windows 10 shutdown/restart issue

Since last week, my windows is not able to shutdown/restart/hibernate or sleep. Every time I select any of these options, the screen goes black and nothing happens. The keyboard still reacts.I updated to the Windows 10 version 1004 yesterday, still no change. I have also tried disabling fast startup and other commonly suggested steps available on the internet. Please help

:)

ArpitPrakash1, Aug 29, 2020
  2. little cat, Aug 29, 2020
  3. grandekid Win User
    Windows 10 pro will not shutdown or restart. Gets stuck

I tried to shutdown and restart my pc but both times they STUCK! I left it for 15 minutes and still had to force shutdown

grandekid, Aug 29, 2020
  4. Windows 10 shutdown/restart issue

Shutdown restart switch has stopped working in Windows 10

Hi Mike,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• What happens when you press Shutdown/restart (power) button?
    If notebook is in off condition, I suggest you to connect your notebook with power cable and allow it to charge and then try to press the power button and check if issue is solved.

If you’re notebook is in ON condition, I suggest you to set “Choose what the power button do” to Shutdown and check if it helps. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Under all Control Panel items select Power Option.
    • Click or tab on Choose what the Power button does
      in left panel
    • Select Shutdown under “When I press power button” and click on
      Save Changes.
    Check if this resolves the issue.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 shutdown/restart issue

1. Windows 10 shutdown/restart issue - Similar Threads - shutdown restart issue

2. Windows 10 Shutdown issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Shutdown issue: Windows appears to shut down normally but then the power button does nothing when attempting to turn it back on. If the power cable is unplugged/plugged back in then it boots up normally.Fast restart and hibernation are disabled. Restart and Sleep Mode work with no issues....
  3. Windows 10 Shutdown issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Shutdown issue: Windows appears to shut down normally but then the power button does nothing when attempting to turn it back on. If the power cable is unplugged/plugged back in then it boots up normally.Fast restart and hibernation are disabled. Restart and Sleep Mode work with no issues....
  4. Windows 10 shutdown issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 shutdown issue: Pretty much every Windows 10 owner/user had/have/are having are experiencing the Shutdown issue in which the computer is still running even after the screen goes blank the lights on the machine still runs. Windows 10 users resort to restarting the computer and then at the...
  5. Windows 10 shutdown issue

Windows 10 shutdown issue: Ever since I had purchased my first windows 10 desktop 2015 - factory built, I have been experiencing an issue that many, many other Windows 10 users were/are experiencing - the "shutdown" bug. In which after using the desktop/laptop for 2 hours or so or any length of time,...
  6. Windows 10 on Asus K55VM: Shutdown / Restart / Sleep issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 on Asus K55VM: Shutdown / Restart / Sleep issue: Hi, I installed Windows 10 (20H2) on my Asus K55VM laptop, but got into a Shutdown / Restart / Sleep related issue. Namely on Shutdown / Restart / Sleep the laptop does NOT completely powers off, but gets stuck with the screen off but power light still on. To get over this...
  7. restart and shutdown issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    restart and shutdown issue: laptop with high performance with ssd . its been some months im having high restart and shutdown issue 2-5 min . but low boot time . you can speak technically . running on latest version 2004 submitted by /u/levitation_lavender [link] [comments]...
  8. windows 10 shutdown issue

windows 10 shutdown issue: hi everyone so i built my desktop in july its a Ryzen 7 3700x with an asus prime B-450 motherboard with corsair 16gb 3000mhz ram with an nvidia RTX 2060 Super with an m.2 ssd from western digital and a 1tb hard drive but as of last week when i shut down my computer it says...
  9. Windows 10 Shutdown Issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Shutdown Issue: Hi, I'm having issues shutting down my pc. Whenever I shutdown through the start menu, my pc will temporarily shut off and then restart. This forces me to do a manual shutdown by holding the power button on the case whenever I want to turn my pc off. Any suggestions on how...
  10. Windows 10 shutdown/restart issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 shutdown/restart issues: Hi everyone, I recently performed a clean Windows 10 install. (From upgraded Windows 10 system) Now, i am facing some shutdown/restart issues. I never had similar issues before even under the previous Windows 10 system. (Same hardware) When i perform a...