Windows 10: Windows 10 Shutdown Script through Scheduled task for specific time

Discus and support Windows 10 Shutdown Script through Scheduled task for specific time in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey all, I have been working on trying to shutdown about 21 lab computers everyday at 11pm through scheduled task with a shutdown script which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Shphil, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Shphil Win User

Windows 10 Shutdown Script through Scheduled task for specific time

Hey all,

I have been working on trying to shutdown about 21 lab computers everyday at 11pm through scheduled task with a shutdown script which is as simple as:

REM Shutdown computers at 11;%windir%\system32\shutdown.exe /s /f /t 0 /c "Computer shutting down"

The computers did not shutdown when I tested it for 11.30am.
    A few things:

-any parameters that need to be defined for the task to run without interruption from user/system profiles? I have enabled run with highest privileges on domain administrator profile.
    -would this be affected if active hours are defined within the system?
    -best way to perform this process without any hassle?

Thanks
    S

:)

Shphil, Aug 14, 2017
  2. Kurt[S] Win User

Task Scheduler - Shutdown and stay off during certain hours

I understand how to use Task Scheduler in Windows 10 to shutdown the PC at a certain time. I would like to keep the PC off during certain hours (overnight) - to 'encourage' my son to sleep. It seems like Task Scheduler will only shutdown the PC at, say
    11:00pm, but can't repeat the shutdown if the PC is simply turned on again at 11:05pm.

Is there a way (script?) to have the PC continually check the real time clock and force a shutdown anytime the OS recognizes that time is within a certain
    range?

I'm pretty rusty at script coding, so examples would be helpful and greatly appreciated!

Kurt[S], Aug 14, 2017
  3. StevenNT Win User
    How create a AD GPO Scheduled Task on Windows 10

Hi,

I'm trying to make a Scheduled Task using AD GPO for Windows 10. I've tried many times and the task will not appear.

The task if to do a test using a kix script and shutdown the PC at the end of the working day between 5pm and 9pm if no one is logged in and after 10pm shutdown regardless.

Is using GPO to make a task basically deprecated in Windows 10? If so, what alternatives are there? Can SCCM do this sort of thing? We use SCCM (Current Branch) but not got it to do shutdown clients reliably, but we were just guessing, any guides on this
    would be helpful if GPO based Scheduled Tasks are deprecated.

Thanks,

Steven

StevenNT, Aug 14, 2017
  4. Shphil Win User

Hey,

Any update on this? *Rolleyes

Shphil, Aug 15, 2017
  5. What security software do you run? It might be blocking it, also this might help:
    Code: reg add "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v "AutoEndTasks" /t REG_SZ /d "1" /f reg add "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v "HungAppTimeout" /t REG_SZ /d "25000" /f reg add "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v "WaitToKillAppTimeout" /t REG_SZ /d "25000" /f reg add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control" /v "WaitToKillServiceTimeout" /t REG_SZ /d "25000" /f[/quote]
    I have just tested it and it works fine.

TairikuOkami, Aug 15, 2017
  6. Spectrum Win User
    First, if you are running a script with domain admin or SYSTEM privileges, please ensure the script is in a place that cannot be accessed by anyone except trusted users.

Second, I would suggest using PowerShell for this instead of a bat file.

Task settings:

Run whether user is logged on or not

Triggers:

Daily, at 11pm

Actions: Start a program
    Details:

powershell.exe -ExecutionPolicy Bypass <drive>:\path\to\myscript.ps1

(again please make sure this is in a location that normal users do not have permission access - we don't want them being able to run arbitrary code SYSTEM or a domain admin)

Now in myscript.ps1 simply type:

Code: Stop-Computer -Force[/quote]

Spectrum, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Shutdown Script through Scheduled task for specific time - Similar Threads - Shutdown Script through

2. task scheduler trigger time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    task scheduler trigger time: the trigger time cannot be set with a PM. I use 12 hour time format and want a task to run at 7pm and there is no way to add pm or use 24 hour formatAny ideas would be appreciated...
  3. Script and task Scheduler

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Script and task Scheduler: Hello I work for a company with a number of powerful graphic computers on which Windows 10 is installed These computers work 24/7 with 2 engine programs that run intermittently 24/7 but not in parallel. I want to know if it is possible to create a script and use it...
  4. How to schedule PowerShell script using Task Scheduler in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to schedule PowerShell script using Task Scheduler in Windows 10: [ATTACH]PowerShell scripts reduce the effort in running repetitive tasks. If you are frequently executing scripts at pre-defined times or specified time intervals, you may want […] This article How to schedule PowerShell script using Task Scheduler in Windows 10 first...
  5. Task Scheduler python script - task starts and completes, but script doesn't run

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Scheduler python script - task starts and completes, but script doesn't run: I have a simple script to change my wallpaper that I want to run every 24 hours (separate script that runs fine to download APOD daily). I'm on Windows 10. The script is a .pyw python file. If I run the script using IDLE or simply manually running it by double clicking, it...
  6. Windows task scheduler not running automatically at schedule time.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows task scheduler not running automatically at schedule time.: Hi I am creating windows task scheduler using windows forms app in c# and library i used is Microsoft.Win32.TaskScheduler. Task is getting created successfully and account to execute this task is NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM. But, task does not run automatically at scheduled...
  7. Task Scheduler run task on specific network connection.Hol

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Scheduler run task on specific network connection.Hol: Hi, I would like to schedule a task to run only if a specific network connection is active. there are a lot of connections available in the list under the option Start only if the following network connection is available where are all this connection names stored? I...
  8. Task Scheduler doesn't run script

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler doesn't run script: Hey Microsoft Community, I'm trying to create a task in Task Scheduler that runs a specific script. The issue is that when the task runs (whether I do it manually or if it's scheduled), the script doesn't actually get executed. I know that the script works, and I have tried...
  9. Task Scheduler Script

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task Scheduler Script: I want to enable and disable my Ethernet connection at specific times each day. Task Scheduler prompts me for the script identifying the action of enabling or disabling the Ethernet connection. How do I identify these two specific scripts? 75194
  10. Scheduling Windows Updates Through Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scheduling Windows Updates Through Task Scheduler: I'd like to be able to run Windows updates each day at 2:00am. I need to move them to non productive hours. I read the posting by Brink on setting the Automated Updates. I confirmed my settings and ensured my wake timers (under Sleep in Advanced Power Options) is set to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shutdown script in task scheduler win 10

2. windows 10 configure task on shutdown

3. task scheduler win 2016 time shutdown

4. how to remove shutdown script task scheduler at logon,
  5. schedule windows to shutdown and install updates script task scheduler,
  6. windows 10 script for shutdown at a specific time,
  7. windoos 10 schedule task for restart at a certain time,
  8. configure a one time shutdown script for all computers,
  9. AutoEndTasks HungAppTimeout AD GPO ,
  10. shutdown script windows 10