Windows 10: Windows 10 shuts down after restarting for 'Advanced Settings'

Discus and support Windows 10 shuts down after restarting for 'Advanced Settings' in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've just reinstalled Windows 10 x64 1809 today and tried opening the 'Startup Settings' menu by going to Settings -> Update & Security -> Recovery ->... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PhantomR, Jan 11, 2019.

1. PhantomR Win User

Windows 10 shuts down after restarting for 'Advanced Settings'

I've just reinstalled Windows 10 x64 1809 today and tried opening the 'Startup Settings' menu by going to Settings -> Update & Security -> Recovery -> Advanced Startup (Restart Now) and then choosing the 'Startup Settings' option. This restarted my PC, but sadly, instead of booting into Windows, the PC just shut down and didn't even show me the BIOS splash screen (the latter may have happened because of fast boot or something). I'd appreciate some help Windows 10 shuts down after restarting for 'Advanced Settings' :).

:)

PhantomR, Jan 11, 2019
  2. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Windows 10 shuts down after restarting for 'Advanced Settings' :confused:*Mad Windows 10 shuts down after restarting for 'Advanced Settings' :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Jan 11, 2019
  3. Automated Restart of Windows 10 PC

Hello,

If Windows suddenly restarts without warning, or restarts when you try to shut it down, it might be caused by one of several issues. An outdated driver and software conflict are some of the possible reasons. Having said that, we suggest performing
    the following steps:

Step 1: Disabling the automatic restart option to view error messages.

Many hardware driver or operating system errors will cause the computer to display a specific error message before stopping the operation or shutting down the computer. However, if the Automatically restart option
    is enabled, an error message might not be displayed despite an error taking place. Disable this option to allow the computer to display the error message.
    Follow these steps to disable the Automatically restart option:

• In Windows, search for and open View advanced system settings.

• Click Settings in the Startup and Recovery section.
    • Remove the check mark next to Automatically restart under System Failure, then click OK.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Checking for failed hardware.

Hardware problems can cause the computer to restart unexpectedly.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 shuts down after restarting for 'Advanced Settings' - Similar Threads - shuts down restarting

2. No signal after restart or shut down.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No signal after restart or shut down.: When I try to shut down my PC, all fans e.t.c. turn off, and display cuts, but if I turn power back on, my monitor displays no input. The problem is the same if I restart, only my computer does not turn of at all. If I hold down the power button, I can make the PC boot into...
  3. Windows Restarting after shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Restarting after shutting down: I'm using Dell laptop, windows 10 for 15-16 months now. But recently some issues arose.Whenever I try to shut downTurn OFF the laptop, after 5 seconds it automatically Turn ON. Everytime I try, it turns ON.Secondly, when I long press the power button, it Turns OFF and doesn't...
  4. Windows Restarting after shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Restarting after shutting down: I'm using Dell laptop, windows 10 for 15-16 months now. But recently some issues arose.Whenever I try to shut downTurn OFF the laptop, after 5 seconds it automatically Turn ON. Everytime I try, it turns ON.Secondly, when I long press the power button, it Turns OFF and doesn't...
  5. Windows Restarting after shutting down

6. Restart windows after shut down

Restart windows after shut down: Hi guys i boight a second hand motherboard and when i don't install windows and i turn it off with power button it turns off but when i install windows 10 and when I'm trying to shutdown it turns back on could it be a hardware issue?...
  7. Restart windows after shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart windows after shut down: Hi guys i boight a second hand motherboard and when i don't install windows and i turn it off with power button it turns off but when i install windows 10 and when I'm trying to shutdown it turns back on could it be a hardware issue?...
  8. Restart windows after shut down

9. Many settings lost after Shut Down or Restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Many settings lost after Shut Down or Restart: Windows 10 settings (language, keyboard layout, etc.) are reset to US default, Thunderbird address book emptied and email accounts' details lost, and Edge browser favourites are cleared, after Restart, or after Shut Down then later power on. Each time these are lost I go into...
  10. Windows 10 Shut down and restart

Windows 10 Shut down and restart: Shut down and restart not working in Windows 10. Everytime I had to press power button to shut down. Battery drains even after powering off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-shut-down-and-restart/a8c8a9f1-3591-4bf4-aa54-c2301f899a7e