Windows 10: Windows 10 shuts down and freezes up randomly

Discus and support Windows 10 shuts down and freezes up randomly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Just got a new computer with Windows 10 and it randomly shuts down and freezes up. I am really not familiar with Windows 10, and not sure what else... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EllyKay0525, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Windows 10 shuts down and freezes up randomly

Just got a new computer with Windows 10 and it randomly shuts down and freezes up. I am really not familiar with Windows 10, and not sure what else could be causing my issues or if they are related.

Here are the things I have tried so far:

Unplugged ALL external devices

Changed all power saving settings to never go to sleep.

Removed all apps like Facebook etc

Removed all personal files, pictures etc.- everything

After a couple of months of trying to figure out the cause, I did a system recovery and reloaded Windows 10. I have not replaced any personal files or added anything to it, no external devices, no software no apps.

I ran all the driver and system updates on the Dell website associated with my model.

Still happening, looking for any suggestions.

:)

EllyKay0525, Apr 17, 2019

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Apr 17, 2019
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Turning off fast startup helped with this issue for another user on a different forum. For newbies, see steps Windows 10 Freezes Randomly.

kamilanwar, Apr 17, 2019
  4. Windows 10 shuts down and freezes up randomly

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 shuts down and freezes up randomly

1. Windows 10 shuts down and freezes up randomly - Similar Threads - shuts down freezes

2. Windows 10 Freeze and shuts down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Freeze and shuts down: Thanks in advance.I have a Lenovo Ideapad 720S-13IKB running on windows 10 Pro, purchased in Dec 2017, warranty expired, lenovo charges ~$700/ for replacing motherboard.Recently, it started behaving weirdly, even I type faster it freezes and shuts down, no blue screen or...
  3. Windows 10 randomly shuts down.

Windows 10 randomly shuts down.: Hi, My Windows 10 installation randomly shuts down for seemingly no reason. Computer is perfectly stable but will out of no where and at random intervals completely shut down as if I used shutdown on the start menu. This is what i get out of Event Viewer.... Index...
  4. Computer is randomly freezing, shutting down, and booting back up.

Computer is randomly freezing, shutting down, and booting back up.: Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 117 Parameter 1: ffffac8399b14010 Parameter 2: fffff8008bcca0d8 Parameter 3: 0 Parameter 4: 0 What do I do next?...
  5. Windows 10 shuts down randomly

Windows 10 shuts down randomly: Hi there, I'm using a Lenovo T490 laptop with Windows 10 Pro version 1909 (build 18363.535). I noticed random shutdowns when the PC is left idle for some time. The only common between these shutdowns is this log: The hypervisor did not enable mitigations for CVE-2018-3646...
  6. Windows 10 shutting down randomly.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 shutting down randomly.: Starting today, I’ve been experiencing random shutdowns/restarts. It started without any warning. I got home from work and found that my computer had restarted itself. It was on sleep when I left. Then when I tried using the computer, I started experiencing random shut downs....
  7. Windows 10 freezes up on Start up and shut down

Windows 10 freezes up on Start up and shut down: Earlier it was just freezing during shutdown/restart so I ignored it as I could just forcefully shutdown the PC using the power button. But now I can't even login, the moment it shows mouse pointer on screen after boot screen, keyboard, mouse everything just freezes up. No...
  8. Windows 10 randomly shuts down

Windows 10 randomly shuts down: My computer randomly shuts down for no reason causing me to have to restart it. I don't lose anything during the restart, but it continuously does this. I added network service to my launch and activation service permissions, but can't find the next step !!!! In addition...
  9. Windows 10 freeze on shut down

Windows 10 freeze on shut down: Hi, I've just resetted my PC with everything removed and have a clean slate to start again. Problem is after a few days, with little apps installed and running happily, the shutdown freeze returned. I'm at a lost as to what to do. I'm not good in technical stuff so I'm...
  10. PC freezing/shuts down randomly on windows 10

PC freezing/shuts down randomly on windows 10: My PC has been freezing and sometimes, rarely shuts down randomly. Its usually when im playing a game. It use to freeze whenever, when im on a web browser or when I just launched it up again. Recently, its been more of a problem. I cant play any games and sometimes cant do...