Windows 10: Windows 10 shuts down, but PC won't

Discus and support Windows 10 shuts down, but PC won't in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows 10 shuts down, but PC won't, monitor shuts down i have to use power button. This all started after update on 8/20. I have tried all the fixes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/smokingjoker52, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Windows 10 shuts down, but PC won't

Windows 10 shuts down, but PC won't, monitor shuts down i have to use power button. This all started after update on 8/20. I have tried all the fixes like turn off fast startup. shutdown /s /f /t 0 worked 1 time

submitted by /u/smokingjoker52
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/smokingjoker52, Aug 23, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 23, 2020
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. Windows 10 shuts down, but PC won't

Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 shuts down, but PC won't

1. Windows 10 shuts down, but PC won't - Similar Threads - shuts down won't

2. Windows 10 won't shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 won't shut down: My Acer Swift SF314-57G laptop is running windows 10 Home 20H2. It regularly won't shut down via start -> Power -> Shutdown or go to sleep either via Start -> Power -> Sleep or by shutting the lid, which is set to put the computer to Hibernate in the power settings. Instead...
  3. PC won't shut down!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC won't shut down!: Dear,It's been a while since i installed windows 11, since then i'm facing weird problems! One of them is that my pc won't turn off and i have tried almost all of sulotions that i've found on internet!So how does it happened?First my wake on lan did not work after installing...
  4. PC won't shut down!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won't shut down!: Dear,It's been a while since i installed windows 11, since then i'm facing weird problems! One of them is that my pc won't turn off and i have tried almost all of sulotions that i've found on internet!So how does it happened?First my wake on lan did not work after installing...
  5. windows 10 won't shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 won't shut down: Windows 10 won't shut down using shut down button https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wont-shut-down/f0986520-911f-4dad-83cb-73f781806b04
  6. Pc won't shut down (solved)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc won't shut down (solved): My father's pc had this problem that it wouldn't turn off after pressing shut down, it took like 10 minutes to turn off. Today finally i solved the problem. First i performed a clean installation but it still had the problem, so after browsing and trying different metods that...
  7. PC won't shut down or restart.

PC won't shut down or restart.: Hi all, this is fairly simple to explain, so I'm gonna have 2 categories. 1: The Shutdown Basically, whenever I press on shutdown, or shutdown from my PC button, my Monitor, Mouse and Keyboard lose power, however my PC is still on. 2: The Restart This one is the easiest to...
  8. PC won't shut down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC won't shut down: Installed Windows 10 on a Lenovo M81 and when clicking on shutdown from the Start menu the screen shuts off but the machine keeps running, I have to manually power off by holding down the button. The OS is on a SSD and I just updated the BIOS. Any suggestions? submitted by...
  9. Windows 10 won't shut down.

Windows 10 won't shut down.: From some days I'm having issue with windows shutdown.After clicking on shutdown,blue screen appears with shutting down written on it and then screen becomes blank and windows desktop appears. What should I do?...
  10. Windows 10 shuts down, but PC won't

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 shuts down, but PC won't: OS: Windows 10 Home (w/creator's update) Asrock Z270 Fatality Gaming K6 (UEFI bios ver: 2.00) i5-7600K (not OC'd) Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4 3000 (2x8) EVGA GTX 970 SC Built this rig a few weeks ago. Everything is working fine, except for this odd power issue. When I...