Windows 10: windows 10 shuts down despite power and sleep setting on never

Discus and support windows 10 shuts down despite power and sleep setting on never in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; windows 10 shuts down despite power and sleep setting on never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by brucecaldina, Apr 18, 2021.

1. windows 10 shuts down despite power and sleep setting on never

windows 10 shuts down despite power and sleep setting on never

:)

brucecaldina, Apr 18, 2021
  2. AlistairJ Win User

Lenovo Laptop - Windows 10 - Power and Sleep Settings Not Working

Despite selecting 'Never' for 'When plugged in, turn off after' for both 'Screen' and 'Sleep' within the 'Power and Sleep Settings' window--please see attached screen dump--and my laptop being plugged in, it still goes to sleep / shuts down after a short time of inactivity. Can any suggest why it is doing this and how to fix it?

AlistairJ, Apr 18, 2021
  3. Joneye777 Win User
    Power and sleep settings cannot be changed

Since a recent windows 10 update, my screen shuts off after about 1 minute and my computer sleeps after 5 min. despite trying to reset in settings multiple times. Suggestions welcome.

Joneye777, Apr 18, 2021
  4. windows 10 shuts down despite power and sleep setting on never

Power settings(sleep, hibernate) do not work

my settings for sleep and hibernate are not working. The power does not shut off after 20 minutes as in settings Any help?

Moved from: MSN / Settings and personalization / Location settings / Windows 10

***Title modified from: power settings***

GeorgeNeedy, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

windows 10 shuts down despite power and sleep setting on never

1. windows 10 shuts down despite power and sleep setting on never - Similar Threads - shuts down despite

2. Windows 10 Falls Asleep Despite "Never" Sleep Settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Falls Asleep Despite "Never" Sleep Settings: The ONLY WAY TO FIX THE PROBLEM IS TO UN-INSTALL THE OPTIONAL SEPTEMBER UPDATE WHICH CAUSED IT. DOING JUST THAT FIXES IT IMMEDIATEL;Y EVEN BEFORE ANY REBOOT....
  3. PC is going to sleep despite power settings being set as Never/Never

PC is going to sleep despite power settings being set as Never/Never: My PC is going to sleep despite power settings being set as Never/Never How can I tell what is causing the sleep and after how long? What could be causing this? 179941
  4. Computer shuts down or goes to sleep after 1 day, despite power settings

Computer shuts down or goes to sleep after 1 day, despite power settings: Hello, My computer shuts down or goes to sleep after around 1 day, despite the fact it is set to never go to sleep when plugged in. Any suggestions regarding this issue would be appreciated....
  5. Power Settings: PC shuts down when set to Sleep

Power Settings: PC shuts down when set to Sleep: Since Windows installed v. 2004 this PC shuts off each time I close a program. It is set to Sleep. My settings are: Power and Sleep... SCREEN: turn off = NEVER SLEEP: goes to sleep = NEVER Additional Power Settings... Preferred...
  6. PC shuts down when set to Sleep.

PC shuts down when set to Sleep.: This PC shuts down even though it is set to Sleep and must be signed in again each time Windows is re-opened. In Power and Sleep settings both Display are Sleep set at Never. who UNPLUGS their PC? In Additional Power Settings HP recommended Power Balance is set. Beneath...
  7. Laptop shuts down with lid closed despite settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop shuts down with lid closed despite settings: The other day, my work laptop insisted on installing some huge update. Now, DESPITE all of the Power Settings and What To Do When Lid Is Closed Settings clearly stating otherwise, my machine seemingly insists upon shutting down - rather than going to sleep - upon shutting the...
  8. Windows 10 went to sleep overnight despite being set to never sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 went to sleep overnight despite being set to never sleep: I left my laptop (MSI GE65 Raider 9SF) downloading stuff overnight and went to sleep, at around 2 AM. When I woke up, the laptop had gone to sleep. I checked the event viewer and it went to sleep at 5:31 AM. Here's the event: - <Event...
  9. Sleep and Shut Down

Sleep and Shut Down: Using Windows 10. After last update, when I put my computer to sleep and then close the lid, it shuts itself down. Power settings are all as before the update.....I selected the option to have the computer go to sleep when the lid is closed. Anyone else having this...
  10. Display shutting down in spite of "never" setting

in Windows 10 Support
    Display shutting down in spite of "never" setting: I have Windows 10 Ver. 1703 update KB4020102. It seems like the computer is shutting down the screen after about an hour of no activity. I checked my power settings (a custom one) and the setting is to never shut down the display. (When I went to look at those settings I...