Windows 10: Windows 10 shuts down in stead of going to sleep or hibernating when asked to.

Discus and support Windows 10 shuts down in stead of going to sleep or hibernating when asked to. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After a major update at in September (to version 1903) the laptop refuses to go to sleep or hibernate. It turns it self off instead. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ofosaui, Nov 17, 2019.

1. ofosaui Win User

Windows 10 shuts down in stead of going to sleep or hibernating when asked to.

After a major update at in September (to version 1903) the laptop refuses to go to sleep or hibernate. It turns it self off instead.

I have tried every possible solution I have found on various forums and sites, nothing has helped.

I have tried:

- Updating windows (v. 1909).

No issue before updating to version 1903.

- Changing the power plan/checking that the power settings allows Sleep.

Turning off hybrid sleep

Turned off fast start up

- Reset power plans to default settings-

- Troubleshoot power settings

- Checked that Power Saving Mode is enabled in BIOS.

- Update Intel Management Engine Interface (IMEI) driver. (now driver version is: 11.7.0.1045)

Also tried to rollback to a previous version of this driver

Nothing has worked.

Does anyone know of any other methods that can fix the issue?

:)

ofosaui, Nov 17, 2019
  2. claylomax Win User

Shutting down, hibernating, or sleeping?

Speaking of ... I just built a new PC with an AMD Kaveri and Windows 7 64 and the option sleep is greyed out, I get shut down and hibernate; it's funny, on my PC (see specs) I get sleep and shut down not hibernate. I tried the bios but I'm clueless. Any ideas?

claylomax, Nov 17, 2019
  3. Aquinus Win User

When sleep is grayed out it probably means that you're missing a driver required to do it or rather a device is incapable of going to sleep, but more often than not it's drivers that haven't been installed. I would make sure you're not missing any chipset or something.

Aquinus, Nov 17, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

You may have a device that is not compatiable with sleep states or it could be a driver causing it... like this one ( Sleep Option greyed out ), that was caused by a generic display driver.

Make sure all your drivers are up to date and all drivers are installed.
    Look in device manager, see if there are any devices that are generic or unknown.

And, here is an explanation of the BIOS ACPI settings --> Difference between S1 (POS) and S3 (STR) standby mode in BIOS?

You might want to start a thread, if you want to get into fixing it.

95Viper, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 shuts down in stead of going to sleep or hibernating when asked to. - Similar Threads - shuts down stead

2. My computer doesn't shut down, hibernate, or go into sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer doesn't shut down, hibernate, or go into sleep mode.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Nathan00023 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hl4y5r/my_computer_doesnt_shut_down_hibernate_or_go_into/
  3. Computer shuts down instead of sleep/hibernation.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer shuts down instead of sleep/hibernation.: Greetings, everyone! <3 I know there had been threads on this topic, but none of those helped me. Here are my PC specs mind you it's PC, not a laptop: Processor: AMD A6-9500 RADEON R4+5, 8 COMPUTE CORES 2C+6G 3.50 GHz RAM: 4 GB Hard: 120 GB SSD System type: 64-bit...
  4. Laptop shuts down instead of going to sleep or hibernating even when selecting the option...

Laptop shuts down instead of going to sleep or hibernating even when selecting the option...: Hello everyone, A while ago I noticed that my laptop running Windows 10 can't go to sleep or hibernate anymore. I don't know exactly when it started, but it may have been after a Windows update. First I'd like to clarify a few things to hopefully avoid getting...
  5. Windows 10 Shutting down after sleep/hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Shutting down after sleep/hibernation: Hi As far as I can tell, after sleep/hibernation (being left for a long period, usually overnight), I come back ro my PC to find that it has completely shutdown. It is encrypted with a bitlocker password so I suppose if an update is applied overnight then this would be the...
  6. Sleep, Hibernate & Shut down issue

Sleep, Hibernate & Shut down issue: Hello, Recently I had replaced new battery and Hard disk for my laptop(HP Pavilion p045tx notebook, 4th i7, 8 GB/1 TB). Then Changed the OS to windows 10 instead of previous 8.1. Till then, the laptop is facing issues with sleep, hibernate & shut down functions. When I...
  7. Disable Shut Down, Restart, Sleep, and Hibernate in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Disable Shut Down, Restart, Sleep, and Hibernate in Windows 10: How to: Disable Shut Down, Restart, Sleep, and Hibernate in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Shut Down, Restart, Sleep, and Hibernate in Power Menu in Windows 10 The Power menu in Windows 10 can allow users to restart the PC without having to sign in to Windows....
  8. Windows will not shut down, hibernate or sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows will not shut down, hibernate or sleep: I had problem dual booting win7 and win10. After many attempts I was able to dual boot. But in the process, I deleted "system reserved" partition. So windows want start. I performed start up repair and it solved the problem. After that I reinstalled win7 ultimate which...
  9. Sleep vs. Hibernate vs. Shut Down

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep vs. Hibernate vs. Shut Down: [Note: I am running Windows 10 on the new Retina MacBook via Boot Camp] I've been a Windows user for 20 years so I know the differences between each of these. But in Windows 10 I am experiencing significant battery drains that are not consistent with the performance from...
  10. Windows 10 Shutting Down instead of Sleeping/Hibernating

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Shutting Down instead of Sleeping/Hibernating: So, I recently installed Windows 10 on my laptop ( HP ProBook 440 G2 ), but I've been facing some issues where, after a short period of usage (around 20 minutes and beyond) the OS simply shuts down when I close the lid or manually press the Suspend button, even tho I...