Windows 10: Windows 10 shuts down out of the blue while hardware still on

Discus and support Windows 10 shuts down out of the blue while hardware still on in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey guys, *Smile Well, since a few months ago, I've been encoutering a problem with Windows 10 (64bit). While I'm doing stuff at my desktop (browsing,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Manosman, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Manosman Win User

Windows 10 shuts down out of the blue while hardware still on

Hey guys, *Smile

Well, since a few months ago, I've been encoutering a problem with Windows 10 (64bit). While I'm doing stuff at my desktop (browsing, using Word, etc.), the OS just shuts down.

Now here's the thing, the computer doesn't shut down, only the OS. In other words, while the peripherals close (mouse, monitors, keyboard, etc.), the case is still active. The fans are going, the rgb are going, like nothing changed there. However, even though the case is active, when I fix it, the OS says that there was a problem since it closed abnormally. Which is another indication that it's a software problem.

The way I fix it when it happens, is that I close my computer (using the case button) and I then unplugg everything (I only leave a monitor plugged in). Then I turn the pc back on and it works. Then I simply plug the rest of the peripherals in and done.

The thing is, it happens every day and at some times where I work on my computer, so it's getting annoying. I've also tried tons of things to fix it, but nothing.

You can see my specs in my profile, but I should also note a few things:
    1. The pc temp is better than normal, so there's no overheating.
    2. The HDDs are 100% healthy.
    3. The pc was scanned by Windows Defender and Malwarebytes and nothing was found (I do that regularly).
    4. The pc gets regural cleanups when it comes to software.
    5. I clean my pc as regural as I can from dusk and such.
    6. I checked the hardware myself and I also had a friend checked it out, but we both found nothing wrong.
    7. I turned "Fast Startup" off, just in case that was the problem, but nothing changed.
    8. All drivers are up to date and I have everything updated in general.
    9. I tried to see if something changes with one monitor instead of two, but nothing changed.
    10. I've also used the troubleshooter, but it found nothing.
    11. The cmd scan also found nothing.
    12. I don't use Sleep Mode or any of that.

I'd really need some help, since I'm really clueless on how to fix this... If you need any more info or want to ask me something regarding this, feel free to do so. *Smile

I'm really looking forward for your answer! *Biggrin

:)

Manosman, Jun 13, 2019

2. Blue Screen of Deaths on a Daily

Hi,

Blue screen errors can occur if a serious problem causes Windows to shut down or restart unexpectedly. This error can be caused by both hardware and software issues. To isolate your concern, we'd like to know if there were any changes made
    prior to the issue.

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this link for blue screen error basic
    troubleshooting. Once you're on the page, select the option on when do you get the error and proceed with the steps listed.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Jun 13, 2019
  3. Blue Screen of Deaths on a Daily

I have tried all of the options there, Which is why i included in my post the lists of things that i performed to isolate the cause of bsod. Thanks

cainegetutua, Jun 13, 2019
  4. Windows 10 shuts down out of the blue while hardware still on

Computer Freezes Then Blue Screen

Hello,

A stop error (also called a "blue screen" error) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. These errors can be caused by both hardware and software issues.

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your device?

Meanwhile, we suggest performing the steps on this article
    on how to troubleshoot blue screen errors on Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 shuts down out of the blue while hardware still on

1. Windows 10 shuts down out of the blue while hardware still on - Similar Threads - shuts down blue

2. BSOD while shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while shutting down: Hello, I have been getting BSOD for the last couple of days while shutting down, but not on restarts. I used bluescreen view and it shows it's caused by ntoskrnl.exe, I have also tried updating drivers such as graphic card, RST but that didn't help either. I have attached the...
  3. Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...: I have 64 bit Windows 10 Home installed on my PC. The problems are:- Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting consistently It wasn't happening with my previous install of 64 bit Windows 10 Home just a few days ago- This time the PC shut itself down on the Windows logo...
  4. Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...: I have 64 bit Windows 10 Home installed on my PC. The problems are:- Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting consistently It wasn't happening with my previous install of 64 bit Windows 10 Home just a few days ago- This time the PC shut itself down on the Windows logo...
  5. Blackscreen while shutting down or restarting, shutting down on the Windows logo while...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Shut down while in standby?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shut down while in standby?: Sorry if this is obvious...How do I shut down my laptop while it’s in standby? I’ve created a feedback loop and whenever I turn it on again it’s really loud!!! I know how to sort it but need to restart or turn it off......
  7. Problem while shutting down windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem while shutting down windows 10: I just bought a new Asus laptop with windows 10, when I try to close all tabs and click on shutdown, the screen flashes 'tap Or click to go back and save all tabs' screen for a split second, even when there's no open tabs and then shutdowns on its own. I also sometimes get...
  8. Windows 10 Taking A While To Shut Down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Taking A While To Shut Down: So last night I tried to shut down my PC. It usually enters the shutdown screen within a second, but today I replicated it and it took 3 minutes. What should I do? submitted by /u/AddyPug [link] [comments]...
  9. windows 10 shut down unexpectedly and Hardware error

windows 10 shut down unexpectedly and Hardware error: Hi There, Recently my windows 10 got hardware error and shut down unexpectedly error frequently. They usually happen together. Looks like they happened when resuming windows 10 from hibernation. After resuming windows, all previously opened apps, file explorers, etc...
  10. BSOD while shutting down...?

BSOD while shutting down...?: hey..I was shutting down my pc, when suddenly a Blue Screen Of Death appears after the "Shutting Down" screen...resource_not_owned please help 40742