Windows 10: Windows 10 shuts down out of the blue while hardware still on

Discus and support Windows 10 shuts down out of the blue while hardware still on in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey guys, *Smile Well, since a few months ago, I've been encoutering a problem with Windows 10 (64bit). While I'm doing stuff at my desktop (browsing,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Manosman, Jun 13, 2019 at 5:17 AM.

1. Manosman Win User

Windows 10 shuts down out of the blue while hardware still on

Hey guys, *Smile

Well, since a few months ago, I've been encoutering a problem with Windows 10 (64bit). While I'm doing stuff at my desktop (browsing, using Word, etc.), the OS just shuts down.

Now here's the thing, the computer doesn't shut down, only the OS. In other words, while the peripherals close (mouse, monitors, keyboard, etc.), the case is still active. The fans are going, the rgb are going, like nothing changed there. However, even though the case is active, when I fix it, the OS says that there was a problem since it closed abnormally. Which is another indication that it's a software problem.

The way I fix it when it happens, is that I close my computer (using the case button) and I then unplugg everything (I only leave a monitor plugged in). Then I turn the pc back on and it works. Then I simply plug the rest of the peripherals in and done.

The thing is, it happens every day and at some times where I work on my computer, so it's getting annoying. I've also tried tons of things to fix it, but nothing.

You can see my specs in my profile, but I should also note a few things:
    1. The pc temp is better than normal, so there's no overheating.
    2. The HDDs are 100% healthy.
    3. The pc was scanned by Windows Defender and Malwarebytes and nothing was found (I do that regularly).
    4. The pc gets regural cleanups when it comes to software.
    5. I clean my pc as regural as I can from dusk and such.
    6. I checked the hardware myself and I also had a friend checked it out, but we both found nothing wrong.
    7. I turned "Fast Startup" off, just in case that was the problem, but nothing changed.
    8. All drivers are up to date and I have everything updated in general.
    9. I tried to see if something changes with one monitor instead of two, but nothing changed.
    10. I've also used the troubleshooter, but it found nothing.
    11. The cmd scan also found nothing.
    12. I don't use Sleep Mode or any of that.

I'd really need some help, since I'm really clueless on how to fix this... If you need any more info or want to ask me something regarding this, feel free to do so. *Smile

I'm really looking forward for your answer! *Biggrin

:)

2. Blue Screen of Deaths on a Daily

Hi,

Blue screen errors can occur if a serious problem causes Windows to shut down or restart unexpectedly. This error can be caused by both hardware and software issues. To isolate your concern, we'd like to know if there were any changes made
    prior to the issue.

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this link for blue screen error basic
    troubleshooting. Once you're on the page, select the option on when do you get the error and proceed with the steps listed.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

3. Blue Screen of Deaths on a Daily

I have tried all of the options there, Which is why i included in my post the lists of things that i performed to isolate the cause of bsod. Thanks

cainegetutua, Jun 13, 2019 at 5:18 AM
  4. Windows 10 shuts down out of the blue while hardware still on

Computer Freezes Then Blue Screen

Hello,

A stop error (also called a "blue screen" error) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. These errors can be caused by both hardware and software issues.

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your device?

Meanwhile, we suggest performing the steps on this article
    on how to troubleshoot blue screen errors on Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jun 13, 2019 at 5:18 AM
Thema:

Windows 10 shuts down out of the blue while hardware still on

1. Windows 10 shuts down out of the blue while hardware still on - Similar Threads - shuts down blue

2. Blue Screen after shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen after shut down: Posting this issue with the hopes that maybe some one else has this blue screen pop up after they shut down their computer, hoping that maybe I can find a fix for this issue. Upon shutting down within maybe four seconds we get the following blue screen. Smiley Face icon-...
  3. Laptop shutting down unexpectedly while using

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shutting down unexpectedly while using: Hi, My Dell Laptop was shutting down unexpectedly while using. In the event viewer, it is showing, Kernel-Power. I'm posting the Log. I tried updating my drivers, but still the problem is not resolved. Please help me. Log Name: System Source:...
  4. Blue Screen Message after Shut Down

Blue Screen Message after Shut Down: Posting this issue here due to it being a blue screen pop up. Has anyone experienced this? Upon shutting down within maybe four seconds we get the following blue screen. Smiley Face icon- "Your pc ran into a problem and need to restart. We're just collecting some error info...
  5. Windows 10 is stuck at Shutdown screen while shutting down.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 is stuck at Shutdown screen while shutting down.: Its been an hour, every thread about this is locked, so i thought i would make a new one for you guys to ignore and lock without a solution other than "Hold the power button for 10 seconds, try the troubleshooters and reinstall if that doesn't work". How do you guys mess up...
  6. Blue screen and computer shutting down by itslef

Blue screen and computer shutting down by itslef: Help! I have an HP probook and yesterday while i was in a skype call just shut down out of nowhere, l tought it was the battery that died so i plugged in and turned it on again it work for 1 minute and went off again, as of that moment my computer keeps shutting itself off...
  7. Uninstalled Avast, but it still shuts down Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Uninstalled Avast, but it still shuts down Windows Defender: I've been experimenting with various AV programs. I had installed Avast (free) as a trial, then decided to uninstall it. I used iobit uninstaller. Then I wanted to make sure WD was back in operation but saw the message that Avast was still in control. What can I do to get WD...
  8. BSOD while shutting down...?

BSOD while shutting down...?: hey..I was shutting down my pc, when suddenly a Blue Screen Of Death appears after the "Shutting Down" screen...resource_not_owned please help 40742
  9. Fan still running after shut lid and shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    Fan still running after shut lid and shut down: Hey guys, I have noticed this problem come up on my Dell 7537 (Check out my profile for details) when I close the lid to put the computer to sleep, the HDD light turns off, but the fan continues to run, even after several hours. When I open the lid back up, it is just a...
  10. Shutting down coming out of Hibernation???

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutting down coming out of Hibernation???: Hi All I have a weird problem that started about 3 months ago before that all was well, if I put my Windows 10 laptop into Hibernation when I try to bring it out it shuts down, it does start to try to open but it gets to the point where the black background with the blue...