Windows 10: Windows 10 shuts down overnight

Discus and support Windows 10 shuts down overnight in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My computer has started shutting down every night, sometime in the middle of the night. This has been going on for several days. My documents and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by bamboo enso, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Windows 10 shuts down overnight

My computer has started shutting down every night, sometime in the middle of the night. This has been going on for several days. My documents and browser windows get closed and that's not okay. Did a recent update start causing this unwelcome behavior?

It's annoying and I want to know how to prevent this from continuing.

:)

bamboo enso, Nov 27, 2018

2. Windows 10 shuts down after being in sleep mode overnight

Q - Windows 10 shuts down in sleep mode overnight.

Ran the Power Troubleshooter and nothing was found.

Any other steps I can take.

Alan

Email: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

AlanGoldstein1, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 shuts down overnight

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 shuts down overnight

1. Windows 10 shuts down overnight - Similar Threads - shuts down overnight

2. Windows 10 laptop shuts down/crashes overnight, but fans and keyboard backlight are still on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 laptop shuts down/crashes overnight, but fans and keyboard backlight are still on...: My Acer Predator Helios 300 gaming laptop running Windows 10 shuts down/crashes overnight, but fans and keyboard backlight are still on.The screen goes black and the computer won't start up again until I hold the power button down for 5+ seconds to turn it off, then turn it...
  3. Windows 10 laptop shuts down/crashes overnight, but fans and keyboard backlight are still on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 laptop shuts down/crashes overnight, but fans and keyboard backlight are still on...: My Acer Predator Helios 300 gaming laptop running Windows 10 shuts down/crashes overnight, but fans and keyboard backlight are still on.The screen goes black and the computer won't start up again until I hold the power button down for 5+ seconds to turn it off, then turn it...
  4. Windows 10 laptop shuts down/crashes overnight, but fans and keyboard backlight are still on...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows keeps shutting itself down overnight

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows keeps shutting itself down overnight: I am having an issue whereby my PC is consistently shutting itself down overnight without my permission, I believe the source of the problem is the PC attempting unsuccessfully to install Windows Updates. I can see from my'Windows Update settings' utility that some updates...
  6. windows 10 will not shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 will not shut down: i have tried everything that people suggest but still have the problem. i have re-installed windows 10 but still the pc will not shut down. what do i need to do??...
  7. Computer shuts down when in sleep mode overnight

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer shuts down when in sleep mode overnight: Has happened 3 nights now, after the late February update. Has anyone else experienced this? submitted by /u/Penuwana [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fgqi3w/computer_shuts_down_when_in_sleep_mode_overnight/
  8. Windows 10 shuts down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 shuts down: After installing a critical update Windows turns my laptop off within 45 seconds of startup. Sometimes I get to my desktop but it turns off with a few seconds after that. Sometimes I get a Recovery screen with options to "See advanced repair options" or "Restart me PC". In...
  9. Windows 10 shut down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 shut down: When I shut down Windows 10 keeps my account logged in. How do I stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-shut-down/e66b7a53-439e-41f0-b355-55fd1129b52d
  10. windows 10 shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 shut down: windows 10 shuts down but computer will not turn off. Also, windows sucks up lots of memory when playing my FSX game. It stutters. 26025

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 shuts down overnight