Windows 10: Windows 10 shuts down randomly but computer is still running.

Discus and support Windows 10 shuts down randomly but computer is still running. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all!I've built my own computer last year 2020 mainly for gaming and it's been great to me, until this past week. I have been running into this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JonathanEdward0791, Jul 16, 2021.

1. Windows 10 shuts down randomly but computer is still running.

Hi all!I've built my own computer last year 2020 mainly for gaming and it's been great to me, until this past week. I have been running into this problem where I am playing games online and suddenly I lose connection on my video, keyboard, and sound. It seems like it was a full shutdown however, the computer is still fully up and running with the cpu water cooler running and all other fans to keep the tower cool. My only temporary solution to this is to power down my power supply, wait a minute or two to turn it back on and wait for the proper boot up sequence to windows 10. If any one knows o

:)

JonathanEdward0791, Jul 16, 2021

2. Laptop randomly shuts down after latest Windows 10 update

Since the latest update of Windows 10 my computer decides to randomly shut down after every couple of minutes. First the screen goes black, then the sounds stops and after quite a while the power also goes down.

Obviously I though of cleaning the fan with a big vacuum, as suggested on My Windows 10 Computer Randomly Shuts Down . However, after doing this, the shutting down goes even quicker. I cannot even properly log-on before the shutdown takes place.

What should be my next step?

Ps. The computer is quited aged (roughly 3 - 4 years). The battery is dead enough such that I always need to have it plugged in an outlet. It might just be "done for" but I'm hoping to revive it for just a little bit more.

Robin Kramer, Jul 16, 2021
  3. ilgoldman Win User
    Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Windows 10 shuts down randomly but computer is still running. :confused:*Mad Windows 10 shuts down randomly but computer is still running. :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Jul 16, 2021
  4. Windows 10 shuts down randomly but computer is still running.

Computer shuts down randomly

Hi Holly,

Thank you for posting in Community, I understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve your issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Do you get any error message/code when the before the system shuts down?

2. Does the issue happen when your performing a particular task in your computer?

For now, I would suggest that you place your computer in Safe Mode and check if the issue persist. To do so follow the steps below:

• Open Run Command (Windows button +R)
    • A dialog box will open type “msconfig”
    • Locate and select the Boot tab and select Safe with Minimal
      as option.
    • Restart Computer
    Note: Follow the same procedure to undo Safe Mode, uncheck the Safe option and restart your system.

Hope this helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 16, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 shuts down randomly but computer is still running.

1. Windows 10 shuts down randomly but computer is still running. - Similar Threads - shuts down randomly

2. Computer randomly shut down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly shut down.: Hello. I was playing Beyond Blue, on a PC I just recently installed a RX 580 in, and the computer just randomly shut down. I'm trying to figure out why it happened. I'm wondering if the 450 watt PSU isn't enough. I'm using:Intel Core i7-670016GB DDR3-1600 RAMRX 580Event...
  3. Computer "randomly" shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer "randomly" shut down: Hello, I have a problem for few days with my computer.When I start it, there a two cases- Sometimes it boots correctly and let me few minutes on the desktop or doing some tasks before shutting down. The screen does not go blue no blue screen of death or classic shut down blue...
  4. Computer randomly shut down

Computer randomly shut down: I have a crashing issue with my pc, it has gotten a lil better since I swapped out my 1000W power supply for a 1300W power supply. but it recently crashed today under a minimal load, only really running a youtube...
  5. Computer shutting down randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer shutting down randomly: For the past month my Surface Pro 6 has been shutting down randomly. I've tried everything I could find but nothing works.I recently checked event viewer and found thisThe process C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe <Computername> has initiated the power off of computer...
  6. Windows 11 Shuts Down - Computer Still Running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Shuts Down - Computer Still Running: Recently I've been having troubles with my new Windows 11 computer not sleeping and not shutting down. When I click shut down, the OS seems to shut down but the computer itself is still running.After some digging I decided to disable "Fast Startup". When shutting down, I get...
  7. Windows 11 Shuts Down - Computer Still Running

Windows 11 Shuts Down - Computer Still Running: Recently I've been having troubles with my new Windows 11 computer not sleeping and not shutting down. When I click shut down, the OS seems to shut down but the computer itself is still running.After some digging I decided to disable "Fast Startup". When shutting down, I get...
  8. COMPUTER RANDOMLY SHUTS DOWN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    COMPUTER RANDOMLY SHUTS DOWN: My computer has been randomly shutting down for about a month or so. Sometimes it's days in between the shut downs and sometimes it can be a couple times a day. I have listed the CRITICAL error below. I have replaced a drive that I thought was problematic but that didn't stop...
  9. Computer Randomly Shuts Down While Running a Game.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Randomly Shuts Down While Running a Game.: Hey guys I'm having aweird that was not present when I first built the pc. I have done multiplethings and have purchased new parts but nothing seems to have worked. Parts are - MOB: Gigabyte b365m DS3H New Purchase Processor: i5-9400F @ 2.90GHz Ram: 2x8 16GB DDR4 Corsair...
  10. Computer Shuts Down Randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Shuts Down Randomly: So, my friend was playing an online game (Howrse.com), and this has happened to her several times. It never happens to me while i'm on my computer. I don't play games on my computer. My computer will just shut down randomly. The monitors will go black, but the PC never...